leaving tomorrow, suggestiions?

Hey everyone!

I am excited but nervous about my surgery in two days. i am leaving tomorrow but i am not schedule until friday. I am looking for advice on what special things i should take. I read in another post about the tylenol, so i alerady got that. what else would you guys recommend?

thanks

Hey everyone!

I am excited but nervous about my surgery in two days. i am leaving tomorrow but i am not schedule until friday. I am looking for advice on what special things i should take. I read in another post about the tylenol, so i alerady got that. what else would you guys recommend?

thanks

Phazyme for gas pains and money for Revolution Ave!

This is what I would recommend you take:

1. Socks
  2. Gas X strips
  3. Gum
  4. Comfortable clothing (cotton shirts)
  5. Chicken Boullion cubes
  6. Special K Protien water mix (Pink Lemonaide) or Crystel Light
  7. Digital camera w/batteries!
  8. Magic Marker to get Dr. Ortiz to sign your paper thong
  9. Bandaids

Not sure if you can pack these items in your "checked" luggage, but if you can:

1. 1 4-pack of Jello
  2. 1 4-pack or 6-pak of apple juice in cartons

Hey everyone!

thanks

Congradulations! I am in my 3rd week post op and loving life! I would strongly suggest you make a big batch of homemade chicken stock! Beleive me you will thank your lucky stars you did! What ever you do WALK, WALK AND WALK some more! I was amazed at how well I felt after the surgery. By the 3rd day I was off and walking miles. Good luck and worry not, the staff, doctors and Mrs. Ortiz is everything you've been reading about! Pargirl

[thank you everyone for the replies. I dont eat chicken broth, which i think is going to make my life difficult. also i thought that we are only allow to drink juices. is that right or not? does any of you guys have the list of what is allow and what is not? i know that mamamichelle post it, but i cannot find it. thanks

I think it is:

water

gatorade

coffee

broth

tea

I am sure I am missing a few. If you can manage to get some broth down you will feel so much better.

My belly liked warm\hot stuff to drink, iced tea and ice cold drinks seem to make my shoulder pain worse. I drank lots of room temp water... the bottles of water in the hotel are room temp. I took boulion cubes, but didn't use them. I drank a cup of coffee and broth at the hospital the morning after my surgery, then tea after that. Best wishes.... they're great at the OCC!! =D> Darlene

I was a big fan of the hot tea that the OCC gives you, I asked for a couple of tea bags as I was leaving and they gave me 5 or 6 to take with me back to the hotel..

Someone mentioned Gum? I don't think that is a good idea (unless you're using it to release the pressure in your ears on the plane ride to SS) and some doctors don't allow banded patients to chew gum ever again because you swallow a lot of air when you chew it..

I recommended the gum and was told that it was okay to chew.

I hope I wasn't given improper information. In any event, it has come in handy and has been helpful for me to chew gum.

I guess, check with your doctor, but I'm "stick"ing to mine!

:)

I was a big fan of the hot tea that the OCC gives you, I asked for a couple of tea bags as I was leaving and they gave me 5 or 6 to take with me back to the hotel..

Someone mentioned Gum? I don't think that is a good idea (unless you're using it to release the pressure in your ears on the plane ride to SS) and some doctors don't allow banded patients to chew gum ever again because you swallow a lot of air when you chew it..

This is what I would recommend you take:

1. Socks
  2. Gas X strips
  3. Gum
  4. Comfortable clothing (cotton shirts)
  5. Chicken Boullion cubes
  6. Special K Protien water mix (Pink Lemonaide) or Crystel Light
  7. Digital camera w/batteries!
  8. Magic Marker to get Dr. Ortiz to sign your paper thong
  9. Bandaids

Not sure if you can pack these items in your "checked" luggage, but if you can:

1. 1 4-pack of Jello
  2. 1 4-pack or 6-pak of apple juice in cartons

I love your sense of humor LOL hmm paper thong.. does it rub much??

Bouillon Cubes, Special K protein water...and lots of books/magazines...DVD player. I know that sounds crazy, but I was one of the last surgeries of the day and sitting there from 8am til 4:30 pm with no drinks/food can be a long time. AYou do eventually get in your room and have tv, but that wasn't until well after noon for me.....so being able to zone out to a good movie was great! Best of luck to you!

Lafffffin, my husband wanted to take a picture of me wearing the paper thong. Did it rub? Sister! It rode, it rubbed, and, in fact, got lost :) ROFLMAO

I love your sense of humor LOL hmm paper thong.. does it rub much??

Lafffffin, my husband wanted to take a picture of me wearing the paper thong. Did it rub? Sister! It rode, it rubbed, and, in fact, got lost :) ROFLMAO

umm was it at least a 2 ply thong??? :-?

Do any of you know why they would bring you to the hospital so early in the morning, and you didn't get banded until 4:30. I wouldn't like that at all. I would much rather relax and soak up the sun until it was my time. Hey.. any chance they could wheel my bed outside?? lol

I too was told gum was okay - and it actually helped settle my tummy.

Whatever you do - pack lightly. Carry little jewelry and bring your phone numbers and emails. Phones at the clinic are free to use. Computers for emails are free at the hotel.

Good luck - and enjoy!! I loved the new comfy comforters!!! I slept like a baby at the clinic

Be ready for how cute the surgeons are too!!!