HELP!!!!

:wacko: :dash1: :girl_impossible: :help: :ireful1::diablo:

OMG...All I want to do is eat!

I've done just fine since being banded, but all of a sudden two days ago, I lost my mind and can think of nothing else.

I stay busy, go shopping with friends, play mah jongg, movies with hubby........and all I think of is what can I eat.

I have had a terrible problem with beef, cannot eat it without getting stuck, what an awful feeling. Do really well with sea food, thank goodness I love fish!!!

Any suggestions....please!!!!!

you arent alone! I felt that way too! A lot of people have problems with beef since its chewy. Luckily I am not hungry, but I can still eat anything I want to so i have not yet had to deal with something getting stuck...remember to take small bites and chew a lot. I have figured out that I cant buy food that I will want to eat a lot of... If I for some reason give in a buy it, ill have osme then give it to my husband to take to work and share with his friends! Try and differentiate between head hunger and actual hunger.. think before you eat. that might help

I'm having the same problem..... God do I miss eating!! [Over-eating, I guess I should say....] :popcorm1:

I know that keeping busy is key, but that doesn't stop the "thoughts" that haunt me. Why does food have to be so good???

:lb6:

um im not hungry-- but i still have urges to eat. when i get home its the worst, i want to stuff my face..but i dont bc if i do then i cant drink for an hour and its just not worth it to me. your stomach is trained with the band on it..but your mind takes a lot of work to get those thoughts of binge eating out of your mind!!! You can do it!!! it just takes time....im not 100% cured by any means but im working on it ><'

eating is becoming a bit more of a pain bc i have to wait an hour before I can drink something....and Id rather drink a lot- then eat a little and then not be able to drink for an hour if that makes any sense! I think it just takes time!

I'm so sorry you are going through this. I am feeling the same way and wish it would stop. I have even been moving into a new house and can't stop thinking about food. I think you have the right idea tho, keep busy stick with it. Good luck and remember what doesn't kill us makes us stronger! You can do it and when you get past the head hunger you can tell me all your secrets!

I know what you mean. It sorta stinks. Food addiction. On one hand, I'm glad this is my addiction. I come from a long line of alcoholics and drug addicts, and so far, praise God, food seems to be my only one. On the other hand, alcoholics can totally stay away from alcohol, drug addicts from drugs, but we must look at our addiction and consume it every day just to sustain life.

What to do? My grandma has been through every kind of diet, treatment program.. everything and she can't beat her food addiction. And I know that even after I have the surgery I'll have to use restraint because the addiction is still there.

No fair :angry:

I have only been banded a week as of tomorrow. The issue I am having is that all I want to do is drink. I'm not dehydrated but I feel that I can't get enough to drink. I take sips and stop when my stomach feels full or slightly bloated but as soon as the feeling goes away I have the urge to drink again. Any suggestions? I have tried water, protein water, gatorade and crystal light. Thanks everyone.

Thats a good idea, IWantBanded. I have read some very interesting things about Splenda as well, arsenic anyone? Now of course we are at a hypersensitive level with our liquid diets or even eating very small portions change our body chemistry and flow. None of these artificial sweeteners come without a price and I have learned to cut way down on how much I use. If you must have a zero calorie sweetener try the natural road of Stevia. It can be found in some grocery stores or many vitamin stores. But I would say if the extreme thirst does continue you must contact your doctor just to be on the safe side.

I'm so sorry you are going through this. I am feeling the same way and wish it would stop. I have even been moving into a new house and can't stop thinking about food. I think you have the right idea tho, keep busy stick with it. Good luck and remember what doesn't kill us makes us stronger! You can do it and when you get past the head hunger you can tell me all your secrets!

Just wanted to let you know that our height and starting weight are exactly the same, so when I get banded on April 30th, I will be watching you for inspiration!! Looks like you are well on the road to a new you! Congratulations! =D>

Bethany ><'

Thats a good idea, IWantBanded. I have read some very interesting things about Splenda as well, arsenic anyone? Now of course we are at a hypersensitive level with our liquid diets or even eating very small portions change our body chemistry and flow. None of these artificial sweeteners come without a price and I have learned to cut way down on how much I use. If you must have a zero calorie sweetener try the natural road of Stevia. It can be found in some grocery stores or many vitamin stores. But I would say if the extreme thirst does continue you must contact your doctor just to be on the safe side.

I wouldn't drink or eat anything with any kind of fake sweetner in it... too many side effects. I get horrible headaches if I chew a piece of gum with it in it. [Did anyone notice how hard it is to find gum WITHOUT it???] I'll have to check into the Stevia... never heard of it, thanks for the info.! :good2:

I've done just fine since being banded, but all of a sudden two days ago, I lost my mind and can think of nothing else.

I stay busy, go shopping with friends, play mah jongg, movies with hubby........and all I think of is what can I eat.

I have had a terrible problem with beef, cannot eat it without getting stuck, what an awful feeling. Do really well with sea food, thank goodness I love fish!!!

Utahmom, what exactly are you eating? I love lean cuisine type meals and they are really filling. Weight watchers even has a breakfast english muffin with ham, egg, and cheese and it is delicious. So you're hungry.....well eat. Just make the right choices when it comes to food. For example today, I had one of those muffins that I just told you about for breakfast, around 10o'clock I was a little munchy so I ate a couple of graham crackers, at lunch I had a lean cuisine pita type sandwich...not sure what they are called but they are delicious, did not really snack between lunch and dinner but for dinner had a small BBQ sandwich and a few of my husband's onion rings. Now....keep in mind I have not had my fill. If I were to eat what I ate for supper for every meal I would not lose any weight. But because I only had around 550-600 calories today I was able to eat a little more at supper (but if I really wanted to lose more I should turn that around and eat more calories during the morning hours and less at night - but that is just how it works out sometimes). I, too, get frustrated. I am so ready for my fill. Because I do not have much restriction, I cannot cook mac-n-cheese, or fried chicken, or other foods high in calories - because I wouldn't stop. So I have to pick foods that are low in calories and fat so that if I do eat the whole thing, I'm okay. Anyway - as far as the beef getting stuck...make sure you are chewing really, really good. Red meats are a lot tougher than poultry and fish. Although you are not supposed to drink when you eat I would keep a small glass of water around when eating just in case something does get stuck that you need a little help pushing down. Well keep us posted.

I think that is the mental hunger we were warned about!!!!

Seriously, the other day I could smell McDonalds chicken mcnuggets and I was no where near a McDonalds!

My best band buddy sucked the juice out of a hot dog!

We are getting past the mental hunger by making a list of what we want to eat after we're finished with the liquid diet.

Trust me, our lists are pretty wacko :) and McDonalds chicken mcnuggets are tops on both of our lists! WAY TOO FUNNY. :wacko: