30g of protein in ONE DRINK!!

So I start my pre-op diet in 3 days. I found a protein drink called "PROTEIN" by premier nutrition. It has 30g of protein, 1g of sugar, 5 carbs and 160cal. I have the chocolate flavor and its actually good!! They come in pre-made 11oz cardboard containers. I keep them in the fridge so they are really cold. Then I drink them with a straw nice and slow. Im amazed how yummy they are for whats in them. I bought them at Costco but I know not everyone has a Costco. Perhaps you could order them online if interested. I think its a great protein shake for before and after the band!! ENJOY!

I agree!!!! I got these at Costco a long time ago... Loved them, went back for more and they were no longer being sold at MY Costco. GRRRRRRR

Thanks for adding the maker, I looked at their web site and can now order them online (or go to the only Costco that sells them in WA state)!!!!!!!!!

Amber

If you are really needed a lot of protein, try Pro Complex by Optimum Nutrition, it has 60 g of protein per shake and tastes great. I know it is very low if not sugar free. It is a powder, but it's great with a 1% milk and ice. :P

So I start my pre-op diet in 3 days. I found a protein drink called "PROTEIN" by premier nutrition. It has 30g of protein, 1g of sugar, 5 carbs and 160cal. I have the chocolate flavor and its actually good!! They come in pre-made 11oz cardboard containers. I keep them in the fridge so they are really cold. Then I drink them with a straw nice and slow. Im amazed how yummy they are for whats in them. I bought them at Costco but I know not everyone has a Costco. Perhaps you could order them online if interested. I think its a great protein shake for before and after the band!! ENJOY!

here is their web page... http://www.premiernutrition.com/

Denise.. Just today I phoned Premium Nutrition, and their product is not available in Canada. I asked if Costco in Bellingham had them yet (shakes) and she said no. Right now mostly only in California. I could order them, and have them shipped to Blaine where I have a post office box. The cost is $35.00 + $8.00 for shipping/handling. It is for 24. I thought it was quite a bit, so I didn't order them. I went down to Bellingham today, and picked up some slimfast shakes, special K protein drinks, and other things.

Are these the same Slimfast shakes that Wal-mart sells? The optifast ones?

Have you heard of the powdered peanut butter that has been mentioned in other topics? Sounds interesting to add to protein shakes. I thought it might make a good breakfast shake.

She said 160 cals. Those sound great!

Protein by Premier Nutrition has 30 g and 160 calories. The one I questioned was:

Pro Complex

Optimum Nutrition

Flavor:

Chocolate

It has 260 calories and 55 g protein... see below: And thats if you make it with water only not milk..

Please note: Nutritional content may vary between Pro Complex flavors.

Serving Size - 2 Scoops (68g)

Servings Per 2.2lb Container - 14

Servings Per 4.4lb Container - 28

% Daily Value

Calories - 260

Calories from Fat - 20

Total Fat - 2g 3%

Saturated Fat - 1g 5%

Cholesterol - 30mg 10%

Total Carbohydrate - 4g 1%

Sugar - 1g †

• 3 weeks later...

FYI

For those in Washington State, (or maybe elsewhere????) These shakes are back at the Costco in Puyallup!!! I dont know how many per case & how much cause my mom was there, called me and I had her pick them up.