I've been debating whether or not to post this but finally, my overwhelming need for support convinced me to do it. I am about 7 weeks post op and due for my first fill. I had lost 17 pounds during the first three weeks of the post op diet but quickly gained it all back. I understand that this is common and that the band is not a quick fix so I've tried not to beat myself up about it too much. Unfortunately, due to some financial "issues" I will have to wait a few weeks to get my fill...maybe longer. I'm trying to stay positive but am not really doing a good job of it. To top it all off, work has been incredibly stressful and has only added to my sadness. I guess you can say I'm down right depressed :( Going to see my doctor this week but am hoping to get some of that wonderful support and encouragement you all so well known for :)

Hi Lisa,

I haven't been banded yet but I wanted you to know that I am here and I care very much - we all do.

I was depressed last week due to my postponed surgery. It took me a few days to call out for help. When I did, I received wonderful support and my mood turned right around. If all goes well, I will be banded on the 25th. Your fill will happen too. When it must happen, it will. In the meantime, keep trying to voice your feelings. We are here to support you.

You go, get it off your chest! I was banded on 4-7. I have done everything post op, I was asked to do and I have lost 1 pound :blink: It is good to hear all thos success stories, but it can also be very discouraging when you're not doing so well. Have you noticed your clothes fitting any different? Every person's body is going to be different, we're just not designed to be a like. Sure we all want the pounds to start coming off, me included. DO NOT weigh every day...it can be disouraging. And for me I think my body thought I was trying to starve myself. So I am beginning to eat soups twice a day and throwing in some fudge sicles. Yummo! I am trying to get out and walk about 30 minutes a day, or chase the dog, but doing something. I have been told my hundreds, just wait till you get your fill. OK, my fill is May 16. We'll see. Don't worry, I am sure you have done a good thing for you. Why don't you call the OCC and talk with Dr. Miranda. She can probably offer you some guidance on this. I would. Make sure all your choices are deliberate. You can do it and so can I... ><'

keep in touch,

Reneej :-h

lisalisa21'

Definitely post! We are are having one difficulty or another - nothing in life is 100% smooth sailing and especially, as we all now, where weight is concerned. You did great losing the 17 lbs so it shows you can do it. I lost only 7 and now it's down to only 5! I'm waiting and yet also a bit leery of the first fill. Yesterday for the first time, 17 days post op! - I ate a piece of grain bread and boy did it hurt - We all mess up - that is what living is all about -

As far as the fill is concerned, I have to admit it is a shame you can't do it on time. Were you planning on going to TJ for it? If not it will probably be cheaper closer to home if you don't need a plane ticket? Where do you live? Some bandsters may be able to share a doctor they know who is close to you. And, of course, call the OCC and explain what it happening to you. They really seem to be there for us.

The worse that can happen, is you will have to use tons of will power and save every cent you can - but the weight loss is in your future. Be positive - just another set back - but boy they do build character.

><' Helen =D>

I've been debating whether or not to post this but finally, my overwhelming need for support convinced me to do it. I am about 7 weeks post op and due for my first fill. I had lost 17 pounds during the first three weeks of the post op diet but quickly gained it all back. I understand that this is common and that the band is not a quick fix so I've tried not to beat myself up about it too much. Unfortunately, due to some financial "issues" I will have to wait a few weeks to get my fill...maybe longer. I'm trying to stay positive but am not really doing a good job of it. To top it all off, work has been incredibly stressful and has only added to my sadness. I guess you can say I'm down right depressed :( Going to see my doctor this week but am hoping to get some of that wonderful support and encouragement you all so well known for :)

Feeling down is understandable...it is a normal reaction to feeling deprived, and we all can agree that the pre-op and post-op diet plan is depriving you of eating and enjoying food like we used to. We are here to support you, what ever you need. I haven't been banded yet, but that doesn't mean I don't understand what you are feeling. I have spent my life on diets and feeling down about not being able to have the foods I want and then feeling down about gaining weight because I didn't have the willpower to stop eating. It's a vicious cycle.

It takes time for your body to adjust to the reduction in food and calories...sometimes the body holds onto the weight for awhile, but eventually drops off, give it time. Talk to you doctor, get support wherever you can, even a nutritionist can help.

I wish you success, you can do this....we all can!!!

Take care Cathy

First off (((((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))))) Second, you are on your way, you got the band. Yes, you need a fill, but at least you got the band in you and when you get that fill, you will be fine. Just a little more time, thats all!

Maybe try to go back on the pre-op diet for a while. I had to do that because I can't get my fill until the end of May and I need it now too!!!! But, I have no choice so I am doing the best I can.

The weather is changing, so try to get out there and walk. That will help not only your body, but also your mind.

You'll be fine. And remember, come on here and vent all you want. We are all here for you.

First, hugs and prayers to you!!!!!! Please don't beat yourself up! You took a huge step and made a major life change. Keep taking care of yourself and wait until you are able to afford a fill...it may seem like a while, but if you are like me I have been fat since I was in the fifth or sixth grade so a few months really isn't that long if we look at it like that!

><'

I too went thru the same issues as you, When I went for my fill I was higher weight than my surgery!! I was depressed, hopeless that this was not going to work for me. That again I was going to fail at one more attempt to lose weight, and what made it worse was the huge price tag!! I finally realized this wasn't going to be a quick fix, just a tool to help me lose weight. I needed to stop the snacking and sweets. I think I'm making progress just focusing on clean eating and excersice!! The biggest frustration is a pound or two a week isn't much and I have to stay focused!! I hope you will forgive youself and let the shame go and just call it a learing experience. I know for me its hard to let it go..... Best of luck to you, you will have success!!!

Donna

(((HUGS))) I know this is trying for you, and your emotions are normal, so that should be some relief to know that you are not alone.

Secondly, after I could eat solid food, I went back to my basic Weight Watcher's diet, where I could steadily lose pounds a week. I used Dr. Miranda's eating guidelines (order of food, etc.) but made sure I didn't eat more points than I was supposed to. I get a fill on May 6th, and I guess all of this will change. Anyway, just to keep up with some form of weight loss, that is what I have done.

Exercise... good.. good for depression, too.

Hang in there.. we are with you

:lb4: Banded on 3/20, I've lost just about nothing since.....

I have however lost inches rather than lbs.

I think our bodies have to adjust as well as our minds.

If I had any complaints about OCC, I would say that we should have more specific guidelines on how and what we eat after week 3. For example, should we concentrate on the amount of calories, protein and/or fiber? I have tried to get a response from Dr Miranda on this, to no avail! When I go for my fill on May 1st, I will try and pin her down for this info. Personally I have been concentrating on protein and I think that is why I have lost inches instead of pounds...

eventually it will all work together (Ihope)!!! :wub:

Most important, I feel great and have a much better self image. Last night before we went out, I must have changed clothes 5 times. Hubby laughed and said I have not done that in years...he actually smiled and said I must feel better about myself as I care how I look. THAT'S POSITIVE!!!! :lb21:

Sorry to hear about your struggles Lisa...

But as you can see we have all been there! The band isn't a miracle cure all but it is a reminder that food is meant to be fuel for our bodies, if you can try to start eating like you already have had your fill, small bites, lots of chewing, stopping at the first inkling of fullness- this should help you get more in tune with what you're eating and hopefully start you on the losing path again...

A lot of people suffering through "bandster hell" have returned to their pre-op diet regimen (2 shakes and a lean cuisine) to prevent weight regain before their fill date, yes it is hard but if you were able to loose a few pounds on that same meal plan before surgery you should be able to at least maintain your current weight and hopefully lose a few lbs before your fill...

Please don't be discouraged!! YOU CAN DO IT!!

Hang in there! The scale doesn't always show the results. If you are following the rules....eating slowly, no drink with meals or 1 hour after, eating the right stuff it will happen. It took me until the second fill, just last week that I have felt that the band is really working. Practicing the rules is very important and don't forget that ever. It is important to have sucess with your band. I was fortunate to lose a good amount on my pre-op and about 2 weeks post op, but then I was in a holding pattern for over 2 months. This was really perplexing for me, as I was doing aerobics 5 times a week and really trying, but was not eating correctly...eating too fast, too much, etc. Basically falling back into bad habits. I got a new fill and I feel that things are finally changing. My body is telling me to stop. I can control my intake easier. Even though the scale was the same, my body was tightening and firming and I was losing sizes. Don't get discouraged, this is not a miracle cure for overweight. You still have to work at it!