Wireless Internet Available in Hotel???

Just a thought....I didn't take my laptop because I didn't want to carry the extra weight back through the airport and all of that after surgery.....both the hotel and OCC have computers you can use....Best of Luck!

I believe they that both the hotel and OCC have wireless, but at the same time they also have computers that you may use for free. I used the ones at OCC to check email and surf the net while passing time after surgery. I also thought about bringing the laptop, but didn't want the hassle at the airport or carrying it around and worrying about it getting left behind, since i was traveling alone.

:lb11: and have a nice time in TJ!

We took one laptop and had a great connection at the hotel. Our laptop came in handy because our cell phones didn't work at the hotel, so we were able to use our Vonage I Phone with our laptop, allowing us to call home for free. To do this, you must have a vonage account and purchase their I phone. Just plug it in your laptop and dial anywhere in the U.S. Calls free.

Thinking of bringing my laptop.. do you know if they have wireless internet in your rooms, in the hotel? Thanks...

Denise... would you have been able to use your laptop in the hospital? Just wonder if it would be more convenient to have it with you in your room in case you get really bored.

We took our laptop with us and it was very handy to have at the hotel. It was nice to use the OCC's computers when I was awake at 5am and couldn't sleep any more.

Denise... would you have been able to use your laptop in the hospital? Just wonder if it would be more convenient to have it with you in your room in case you get really bored.

I don't know about that but its really good to keep walking and it is only a short walk to get to the OCC computers. There is two computers you can use and it isn't difficult to get on one at any time. Honestly, I didn't find much time to get bored when I was at the OCC. Time went by so quickly. I thought it would drag because I was so excited for the whole thing to happen but time just flew by.

I wanted to say that while waiting for surgery at the OCC, you really don't get bored. You instantly bond with the other patients and they soon become your friends... you'll be visiting each other. And at nighttime, you sleep unless you're like me, then you'll SNORE when you sleep :)

The hotel had free computer use, 2 PCs. The keyboard seemed to give me the most problem. There were some symbols I couldn't pull up, such as @aol.com. For some reason, that little a in the circle was on the keyboard but wouldn't appear in type. As long as you get on the internet, you can access any service you use. I use aol, my friend used Verizon and we were also about to get into our work emails as well. The computers at the OCC are so much better and no special password is needed. I'm using it right now. It's 4:22 am and I'm up walking due to the gas, not painful, just uncomfortable. Surgery was yesterday.

Barb

And no I'm not hungry. I last ate at 7 on Sunday night.

The hotel had free computer use, 2 PCs. The keyboard seemed to give me the most problem. There were some symbols I couldn't pull up, such as @aol.com. For some reason, that little a in the circle was on the keyboard but wouldn't appear in type. As long as you get on the internet, you can access any service you use. I use aol, my friend used Verizon and we were also about to get into our work emails as well. The computers at the OCC are so much better and no special password is needed. I'm using it right now. It's 4:22 am and I'm up walking due to the gas, not painful, just uncomfortable. Surgery was yesterday.

Barb

And no I'm not hungry. I last ate at 7 on Sunday night.

Good luck on your new life!!!!!