Help! My Mom's coming

Ok so I just found out today that my mom and dad are coming when I am 4 days post op and staying for a couple of days. I have not and can not tell them about my surgery. The want to have my aunt and uncle in for dinner the 2nd night they are here and we only see them about once a year so of course I have to do and eat liquid. I'm trying to figure out how to do this and be a gracious host. The will power won't be a problem but I can just hear the questions when we all sit down to this big dinner and I have a yogurt drink (I think I can have that 4 days post op). Any suggestions?

Ok so I just found out today that my mom and dad are coming when I am 4 days post op and staying for a couple of days. I have not and can not tell them about my surgery. The want to have my aunt and uncle in for dinner the 2nd night they are here and we only see them about once a year so of course I have to do and eat liquid. I'm trying to figure out how to do this and be a gracious host. The will power won't be a problem but I can just hear the questions when we all sit down to this big dinner and I have a yogurt drink (I think I can have that 4 days post op). Any suggestions?

Tell them you are having some minor tummy problems.. That your stomache won't handle solid food..

You'll have to do what Loribecky told me once,, you learn to push food around your plate and make it look like your eating, but in reality,, your not. It works,, It will fake them out. LOL

Well 1) you could serve yourself a smaller healthy portion and let them know you are watching what you eat and are commited to this new you. <That's what you will be doing post-op on solids> 2)serve soup and salad with an entree and only eat the soup 2) fake a tummy ache 3) pretend to be "busy", clean the dishes, pick up after the kids, have a last minute errand, go to the grocery store for the tummy ache 4) have a "friend" call you that needs your help at the last minute, like pick up her kids because something came up (like a road block because of traffic, husband staying late for work and you're closer so you meet her at her house, or pick up some meds from the pharmacy for her sick child because she can't leave the house right now while he is sleeping)

That's all I could think of! I know it's funny because while I was re-reading my post I started laughing at myself thinking, man can i come up with an excuse to avoid someone or what? I've not ever done this, but I already feel like an expert! hahahahaha :D Good luck to you and hope all goes well!

Can you try to get everyone to go out to eat for diner, maybe suggest a place you know your mom LOVES to eat and then when you're there just order a soup from the menu.

If you think that is still too obvious, order the soup as an appetizer and a healthy chicken dish for dinner and then say you are so full from the soup you just couldn't eat a bite of your entree, then have the waitress pack it up to go then let your hubby can have it for lunch the next day!

What great advice from everyone!!

Have you thought of making something like French Onion soup or some good chicken soup? Then you can eat the liquid and no one would know. Have two bowls (because it is so good) and then say you don't have room for dinner. :)

Have frozen yogurt for dessert, just freeze your yogurt. Serve them pie and ice cream. Throw out any leftovers or send it home with the Aunt and Uncle.

Good luck!

Jena

• 4 weeks later...