Tijuana

Hi All,

I will be banded on May 26. My sister is scheduled to be banded too. She is unsure if she is really going to go through with it. I am usually the one with anxiety but after reading this forum, it has helped me. It does scare me a little to think I will be having surgery in Tijuana. Did everyone feel safe while you were there??

Thanks for any info./advice

Lea

Hello Lea, I felt safe while I was there. I traveled from Pa. to have my surgery and I went alone. I made sure my door was bolted at the Lucerna, but I do that at home too. I was lucky to meet a fellow bandster and her friend and we went shopping on Revolution Ave. the day after our surgery. I had a nice time and didn't see or hear anything "bad". There was 2 pick up trucks with armed, masked police officers riding around while we shopped but one of the shop owners said they were good guys and here to protect us. All the shop owners are nice [make sure you deal with them, never give them what they originally ask for.] I never felt scared or threatened at all. The area where the clinic and hotel is located is very nice. Trust me, there's nothing to be afraid of. I'd stay in pairs or groups just to be safe though. [My opinion.] Just relax and have a good time, it is nice there!! ;) Best wishes!! Darlene

Absolutely, I felt safe. You'll see. This is a great tool for you and your sister - this forum. Go to the patient testimonial link and read those. Everyone had great experiences.

mlhydi.jpg

This was one of the trips to the OCC. Everyone went shopping, laughed and had a great time. The Lacerna is a very nice Hotel. You will truly enjoy your stay through this whole process. The Film Crew from Oprah filmed us down there and they had no worries. So just relax and enjoy you time there. Jenn

25i0ius.jpg

Producer & Film Crew from Oprah Taping.

So Worries, Jenn

Hi All,

I will be banded on May 26. My sister is scheduled to be banded too. She is unsure if she is really going to go through with it. I am usually the one with anxiety but after reading this forum, it has helped me. It does scare me a little to think I will be having surgery in Tijuana. Did everyone feel safe while you were there??

Thanks for any info./advice

Lea

TJ is not as bad as you hear ... I live in So Cal and we grew up going down there to party (underage)LOL.. now don't tell my mom..

I went by myself to TJ for surgery. You both will be impressed with the OCC. I had a wonderful experience and am very happy I made the decision to go to TJ to the OCC for my surgery. I would do it again in a heartbeat! I am going back for my first fill too! If your sister will and wants to have her send me a message with any questions on here...just click my name and send message. I will be happy to reply...