Pain with Drinking

momof5

PLEASE HELP! I am 5 days post op and figured I would surely be able to drink my 8ozs per hour that my doctor suggested I get to before starting pureed foods but I am doing good to get in 1-4ozs every couple hours without being in pain. I am not dehydrated, but do still have alot of nausea and gas pains even with small sips. I have tried watered down white grape juice, berry juice, tea but nothing seems to sit well. I do drink sips of water as I can but still am left feeling bloated and nauseated. When this happens I do try to walk it off but it is getting to the point that the thought of anything going into my mouth makes me sick to my stomach. If you can tell me any pointers to help or if this is normal, I would so appreciate it!

momof5, I was banded on April 10th and felt very bloated and full for the first week or so, I don't know if my size had anything to do with it. It did eventually get better and the walking does help. Sorry you are having such a hard time. Keep me posted. Lora

• 2 weeks later...
PLEASE HELP! I am 5 days post op and figured I would surely be able to drink my 8ozs per hour that my doctor suggested I get to before starting pureed foods but I am doing good to get in 1-4ozs every couple hours without being in pain. I am not dehydrated, but do still have alot of nausea and gas pains even with small sips. I have tried watered down white grape juice, berry juice, tea but nothing seems to sit well. I do drink sips of water as I can but still am left feeling bloated and nauseated. When this happens I do try to walk it off but it is getting to the point that the thought of anything going into my mouth makes me sick to my stomach. If you can tell me any pointers to help or if this is normal, I would so appreciate it!

:lb12: I am 4 days post op and know what you mean. My brother went through this years ago and has been a big help on what to expect. The first thing is everyone is different. He said to try this and after I get this creamy soup down that is currently stuck in my throat I'm going to try it too: Get a shot glass 2 oz and just drink from that once an hour. Get the Gas-X dissolve on your tong meds and take 2 of those will get rid of the gas that is also causing that feeling. I'm shocked your doc said to drink 8 oz when our new stomach only holds 2 oz, do you think you heard him wrong, 8 oz over a period of time not all in 1 sitting?