How Sweet it IS !!!!

I just returned home from TJ getting my second fill --- WOW !!!!

I had my surgery April 9, 2007 and got a fill about 8 weeks later.

I pretty much could eat whatever I wanted.....HOWEVER!

even tho I was not consistent in my exercise and did NOT eat well

all the time - I didnt gain any weight !!!! Do you know what a miracle

that is ????? If I did not have this band, and I went one year sporadically

exercising and eating a good, balanced diet -- I would have gained 20-30

pounds !!! I didnt gain any !!!!!!! That is the real reason I got this in the first

place - to stop my yo-yo. I've lost and gained the same 100 pounds about 6

times in my life -- so obviously I can lose the weight, I just cant keep it off !

So -- I know its time for a fill, and the $ and the planets line up, and I go to TJ

for a fill ==== holy mackeral !!!! I can only eat about a 1/2 a cup of food before

I'm full ! And I am full for HOURS !! This thing is the greatest thing in the world !!!!!

I LOVE MY BAND !!!!!!!!

Just had to share that -- thanks ! Best of luck to all !

Lisa

Hi there!!

I was just wondering if any of you have experienced a fill outside of TJ and then returned to TJ for a fill? Is there a difference in where and who does the fill? Or, are all fills created equal?

I have my banding May 7th, and am still contemplating where to go for fills. I live in South Florida so traveling back and forth to TJ could get expensive. Any suggestions?

YIPPEE! :lb21: How very encouraging! I cannot wait to feel what you are feeling. Congratulations!

Hi there!!

I was just wondering if any of you have experienced a fill outside of TJ and then returned to TJ for a fill? Is there a difference in where and who does the fill? Or, are all fills created equal?

I have my banding May 7th, and am still contemplating where to go for fills. I live in South Florida so traveling back and forth to TJ could get expensive. Any suggestions?

i live in sarasota and i go to the st.pete one- the fluro is free and the nurse is AWESOME!!!!! she does unfills for free too (and they numb you i didnt feel a thing)

i live in sarasota and i go to the st.pete one- the fluro is free and the nurse is AWESOME!!!!! she does unfills for free too (and they numb you i didnt feel a thing)

Did you use fill centers USA?? I'm closer to Miami, so I may try them here.

Thanks!!

Hi there!!

Hi Jacqui,

I live in Canada and travelling to SD and TJ costs us about $800. We (my sister and I) were originally scheduled to go to Calgary AB here in Canada but it was going to be a blind fill. (apparantly all fills in Canada are done blind) After both of us read "The Lapband Handbook" we were a little paranoid about the whole "blind" part. we made a last minute decision to go to TJ and even though we had layovers in different cities (11.5 hrs in one) we did it. I think we will also plan to go back the next time due to the increased risks and after talking it over with Dr So. we just don't understand how they can even risk doing it blind. With the x-ray, everything is so precise. Doing the fill with fluoro is also important as your fill is also more precise.

Hi Mackenzie,

I think you said flour is included in the fill. Do you remember what the whole cost is in St. Pete - is it the same each for each fill?

thanks, Helen ><'

Hmmmmmmmmmm this post has me even more disappointed than before.......

I keep hearing that your first fill (in Tijuana) is not more than 2 cc's or something close to that. That the first is only slight. That it is your second fill that does the trick.

Well, I am spending a great deal of money to go back to the center for this first fill and it is sounding like it isn't going to be very helpful and that I'll need to go back yet again very soon after.

I want my first fill to do the trick, I don't want to wait any longer to have this work. Whats the difference in going to Mexico or having it done here when basically the first one is the same. I mean, yes, they use fluro, but if they use only a minimal amount the first fill, then it is basically the same as having a blind fill.

???????????????????

Hmmmmmmmmmm this post has me even more disappointed than before.......

I keep hearing that your first fill (in Tijuana) is not more than 2 cc's or something close to that. That the first is only slight. That it is your second fill that does the trick.

Well, I am spending a great deal of money to go back to the center for this first fill and it is sounding like it isn't going to be very helpful and that I'll need to go back yet again very soon after.

I want my first fill to do the trick, I don't want to wait any longer to have this work. Whats the difference in going to Mexico or having it done here when basically the first one is the same. I mean, yes, they use fluro, but if they use only a minimal amount the first fill, then it is basically the same as having a blind fill.

???????????????????

no, mine was 3 cc's and believe me, I CANNOT even fathom having another fill at this point. I am tight! i can only eat maybe about 1/2 a cup and the full feeling lasts all day. I am eating only because I know i have to. This likely will subside as the fat around my stomach goes but right now, it is a BEAUTY.... perfect! It also depends on which band you have... mine is the 10cc one. so I am less than half filled. if you have the 4 cc one and get almost 2cc, you will be almost half filled. This could also mean you would likely never need another fill. I spent alot of money to go back to TJ... almost $800 is what the plane cost was and it took 24 hours to get there. It is definately worth it!

no, mine was 3 cc's and believe me, I CANNOT even fathom having another fill at this point. I am tight! i can only eat maybe about 1/2 a cup and the full feeling lasts all day. I am eating only because I know i have to. This likely will subside as the fat around my stomach goes but right now, it is a BEAUTY.... perfect! It also depends on which band you have... mine is the 10cc one. so I am less than half filled. if you have the 4 cc one and get almost 2cc, you will be almost half filled. This could also mean you would likely never need another fill. I spent alot of money to go back to TJ... almost $800 is what the plane cost was and it took 24 hours to get there. It is definately worth it!

Thanks for the advice - i think I'll end up going back to TJ also. How long after the first fill do you need to wait to get the second?

I had my surgery on Feb. 5, 2008 and my first fill was 1.2cc....and I really can eat whatever I want..just been counting calories and waiting on 2nd fill....your post makes me sooooo happy...I was thinking it was just me.....Yea...I go on May 24th for my 2nd fill! =D>

I think everyone's body, and everyone's band is different - and the first fill might do the trick !

you just wont know -- and even tho I'm on the other side of the Country, it was important to me

that I go back to TJ = so I just worked O/T and saved it, as I'm doing for a potential 3rd fill due to

the weightloss I expect from this one!

I could go to a Fill Center USA 150 miles from me (drive up, get filled, drive home), but I prefer

OCC to do it ! I have NO questions about it from them. And I do turn it into a mini vacation!

Best of luck to you all, whatever fill you are on !!!! =D> =D>

Lisa