Coffee O Holic

Hi All,

I will be banded on May 26th and I have to have two cups of coffee with cream and sweet & low every morning. Am I going to have to give this up? If so, I better start now or I will have major caffeine withdrawal!

Thanks,

Lea

No, you do not have to give up your coffee!! It is one of the things you can even have in the first few days post-op. But keep in mind that when you start eating solids you can eat and drink at the same time. So drink your coffee first, then have breakfast.

It's recommended that you give up caffeine. However Dr. Miranda doesn't want you going through withdrawls at the same time that you are doing your 3 week post op. Can you cut back to 1 cup? Keep us posted and best of luck

Hello fellow caffeine addict! You will not be able to have coffee the day of surgery, because of fasting. After that you are able to...I don't know if you will be able to get down two cups but I had coffee the day after surgery. Dr Miranda told me to...that they don't want anyone getting a migraine from not having the coffee...which I do by about 3pm if I haven't had my caffeine. Good Luck on your surgery, everything will go great!