Over 40 and the Lap Band

I am not a shamed! I am 42 years old and banded...... for pete's sake. #-o We "seasoned gals". :D know that at our age the weight just does not fall off.........at least that is my experience. (lol)

I would love to hear of your experiences if your at the "wisdom age" and losing weight is not as easy as it was when we were in our 20's and 30's."

Monet

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is harder, but once I got the band I was able to steadily loose weight. Not like when I was young, but I feel pretty good because so many people said I wouldn't be able to do it. With the band I've lost an average of 1.5 to 2 pounds per week. Pretty solid and very healthy so I'm fine with my track record to date. I had to add in exercise and throw in some PS since things don't pop back into place like they use too.... But too be honest I like my body better now than I did in my 20’s! I'm not as picky and just thrilled to be getting into shape and fitting into normal clothes and shoes! (Isn't it amazing that you feet loose weight and get smaller - I've had to buy all new shoes.. Darn it)

I am 45 and scheduled for banding on June 10th. I am very excited to put yo-yo dieting behind me. I have strugged since my teens with dieting only to end up at highest weight ever.

I am looking forward to changing my life and losing the weight for good!!

We are curvy sexy gals now...just wait until we are sassy skinnier hot babes! LOL!!

All the best in your journey...Cathy

Girl......this line up is hot!!!!! Man, we have to keep in touch....so look for more posts! Thank you ladies....I am so happy to see all of you moving ahead! Please keep in touch with me!

Monet

I am 47 and have been banded since 4-7. I guess that's a sign, 4,7...4,7. I just realized that. I was just not sure about all of this and then I had a light go off. Heeellllooooo, You're 47 and not getting any younger or smaller so . All went well and I am down 19#, 15# was preop. I will have my fill in TJ on May 16 and can't wait. So let's hear it for the older babes! =D>

I am 47 and have been banded since 4-7. I guess that's a sign, 4,7...4,7. I just realized that. I was just not sure about all of this and then I had a light go off. Heeellllooooo, You're 47 and not getting any younger or smaller so . All went well and I am down 19#, 15# was preop. I will have my fill in TJ on May 16 and can't wait. So let's hear it for the older babes! =D>

I'm 47 as well. I knew I had to do something about my weight because it has been an issue for me my whole life. If I didn't do something soon I would be 50 and fatter, 60 and still fatter, etc., ...I may get older, BUT I'M GOING TO LOOK DARN GOOD DOING IT!!!!

:lb21: :cheerleader: :lb21: :party: :lb21:

With working full time, one teenager still in and out of the house, and a grandbaby on the way I stay pretty busy. One of the ways I make sure to eat the right foods is to prepare it ahead of time. I use a lot of the fit and fresh smart products, you'll find that most people complain that they are too small, but they are actually just a little too big for us (some pieces). However they work great and allow you to really organize your food. This is my favorite

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp...amp;catid=45532

I have 3 and I stack them up filled with precooked meats (chicken breasts grilled on my GF grill is always in at least one) chopped up veggies, fruits, beans, whatever I can think up to put in there for a quick grab. I just take a few of the containers to work and have for lunch. And then use part for dinner. I spent part of my day on Sunday thinking about my menu and organizing my food. I organize them by meats, veggies, fruits, carbs.

I am not a shamed! I am 42 years old and banded...... for pete's sake. #-o We "seasoned gals". :D know that at our age the weight just does not fall off.........at least that is my experience. (lol)

I would love to hear of your experiences if your at the "wisdom age" and losing weight is not as easy as it was when we were in our 20's and 30's."

Monet

Hi all I am 41 and just got banded this morning. I thnk it is the best decision i ever made.

Hi all I am 41 and just got banded this morning. I thnk it is the best decision i ever made.

Sorry Diva didn't realized I was signed in under your name . Me dimples1966 is 41 and just got banded this morning. Great decision

Sorry Diva didn't realized I was signed in under your name . Me dimples1966 is 41 and just got banded this morning. Great decision

Hey Dimples, congrats on your new band. Can you believe how easy that was? Recovery will be a breeze and you will be well on your way. I see you're from MS. I am From NW Alabama. What part of Ms. are you from? Well at least we speak the same language. =D> ya'll stay in touch,

Reneej

Monet

Hi there!1 I'm 41 and will be banded next Wed. I had a baby at 39 and want to see him grow up, and participate in his play. I also have a 17 year old - she is so proud of me for doing this!

47 yrs and starting life over =D>

Hey Wendy,

What part of San Diego are you from.

I do too.. welcome to bandland.

I am 54 today. Yippee! Not fond of birthdays, but they are certainly better than the alternative. :P

• 2 weeks later...