Over 40 and the Lap Band

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Denise,

Congrats on your decision! We're almost the same age, and the same size when we started the journey!

Lisa

Hi Lisa,

What size are you now, do you have before and after pics. You can E-mail me at shrty835@windstream.net so that I can see them. Need to see what to look foward to.

Denise

I am 54 today. Yippee! Not fond of birthdays, but they are certainly better than the alternative. :P

Oh, yeah... I am losing weight VERY slowly since the last time I lost 100 pounds six years ago. (I was on weight watchers then.) The first week on weight watchers I lost 13 pounds, and had losses of 8, 9 pounds every week.

It is much slower going this time, but maybe it is because I am on so many medicines.

Hi Lisa,

What size are you now, do you have before and after pics. You can E-mail me at shrty835@windstream.net so that I can see them. Need to see what to look foward to.

Denise

Hey Denise,

I have my pictures up in my album, just go to my profile and click on gallery. I'm loving life!

http://www.lapbandforum.com/index.php?showuser=1345

Lisa

I am 54 today. Yippee! Not fond of birthdays, but they are certainly better than the alternative. :P

Oh, yeah... I am losing weight VERY slowly since the last time I lost 100 pounds six years ago. (I was on weight watchers then.) The first week on weight watchers I lost 13 pounds, and had losses of 8, 9 pounds every week.

It is much slower going this time, but maybe it is because I am on so many medicines.

Paula,

I wish you were in Washington - I'd make you go to belly dancing with me! It really kicked in the weight loss! (and its a blast)

Take care!

Lisa

Paula,

I wish you were in Washington - I'd make you go to belly dancing with me! It really kicked in the weight loss! (and its a blast)

Take care!

Lisa

LMAO!

If I went belly dancing, my belly would go in one direction and my body in another.. sort of like the hula hoop effect?

If I got things going fast enough, maybe I would throw up some of my meds and lose weight that way... no side effects.

Actually, I would love that.. I so admire what you are doing

Hey Denise,

I have my pictures up in my album, just go to my profile and click on gallery. I'm loving life!

Lisa

AMAZING!!!

Hey Denise,

Lisa

All I have to say is wow after seeing you're pictures. Did you have to have surgery after you lost the weight, on the loose skin.

Denise

I did, extended tummy tuck and just had my breast lifted and got the OK to not wear a bra last week. It’s amazing! I’m saving for my lower face lift, you can see a bit of skin in my pictures and as I loose more weight its getting worse. Also in my fat pictures - I always wore spandex so I was much larger than I even looked....

So look out world – here I come! (and Paula you would love belly dancing – its all about isolation)!

I just turned 44 on May 13th and my Birthday present to myself is being banded on May 26th. I have been on a merry go round of madness with losing major weight then gaining it back plus alot more. So embarrassing.... now I want to be healthy and fit for my family but also just for me!! I like being in my 40's in all areas except for my weight and I plan to change it this time and keep it off!! :rolleyes:

:D

Well I am 50 and I am looking forward to not being a fat Grandma. The best to all of us HOT Mama"s.

LETS GO!

I am right behind you. I'll be 50 at the end of the month. I get banded on the 23rd.

This is my birthday present to myself!!

Audrey :P:P:P

hi gals, I'm 59 and am scheduled for banding on May 29. I am more than ready for this after a lifetime of every possible weight loss game out there!! I'm a little nervous, mainly about the after care stuff. But.............I can't wait to get this done and get on with my new life!

Kay