I cheated on the post-op diet

My surgery was 4/29. I have been so hungry. And I mean REALLY hungry. Growling painful stomach. Not gas, HUNGER. I finally ate something today and it was totally to early. I had about 1oz of chicken cubed into 1cm squares and chewed each bite a million times until it was mush. It was SOOOO good. I followed the no drinking rule and waited for an hour. I had no bad side effects. I had soup a couple of hours later and then I had 1cm cubed pieces of watermelon also with no bad side effects about 4 hours after that. I did however burp louder then ever before and it felt good. I dont mean to be a cheater and I certainly didnt think that I would fail the post-op diet (especially this early) but for the love of pete Im hungry. The portions I ate were VERY small and I chewed VERY well but I know its wrong. I dont want to hurt my pouch or port or my stomach.

Part of me wishes it would have been painful or had some aweful side effect so Id have learned my lesson but it wasnt. When I counted my calories over the last 5 days it equals less then 800 a day. Thats so little. Truely I feel quite good. I had some nasty left shoulder pain last night at work for about 2 hrs that went away with naproxin and some random gas that has no problem leaving my body one way or another.

Im thinking no one else ate this early post-op?? Does anyone have any horror stories they could possibly share to discourage me from eating regular foods until my 21 days are over? Of course I know about band slippage but I seemed to have convinced myself that if I chew a TON and dont drink with it Ill be fine. I think I might need a reality check. Any and all info is appreciated! Thanks.

I appreciate that I can confess on here.

Get back on the wagon sistah! No more cheating ... you can stick to the post op diet!!!!!!!!

My surgery was 4/29. I have been so hungry. And I mean REALLY hungry. Growling painful stomach. Not gas, HUNGER. I finally ate something today and it was totally to early. I had about 1oz of chicken cubed into 1cm squares and chewed each bite a million times until it was mush. It was SOOOO good. I followed the no drinking rule and waited for an hour. I had no bad side effects. I had soup a couple of hours later and then I had 1cm cubed pieces of watermelon also with no bad side effects about 4 hours after that. I did however burp louder then ever before and it felt good. I dont mean to be a cheater and I certainly didnt think that I would fail the post-op diet (especially this early) but for the love of pete Im hungry. The portions I ate were VERY small and I chewed VERY well but I know its wrong. I dont want to hurt my pouch or port or my stomach.

Part of me wishes it would have been painful or had some aweful side effect so Id have learned my lesson but it wasnt. When I counted my calories over the last 5 days it equals less then 800 a day. Thats so little. Truely I feel quite good. I had some nasty left shoulder pain last night at work for about 2 hrs that went away with naproxin and some random gas that has no problem leaving my body one way or another.

Im thinking no one else ate this early post-op?? Does anyone have any horror stories they could possibly share to discourage me from eating regular foods until my 21 days are over? Of course I know about band slippage but I seemed to have convinced myself that if I chew a TON and dont drink with it Ill be fine. I think I might need a reality check. Any and all info is appreciated! Thanks.

I appreciate that I can confess on here.

Alright so I woke up this morning with some new strength! Im having a lovely protein shake for breakfast and working from 1400-0230am so I packed my lunch with only soups and liquids so I would have to follow the post-op diet. Thanks for the support.

Alright so I woke up this morning with some new strength! Im having a lovely protein shake for breakfast and working from 1400-0230am so I packed my lunch with only soups and liquids so I would have to follow the post-op diet. Thanks for the support.

Okay, dont feel too bad, I was banded on Thursday the 1st and I have cheated too. By Saturday night I felt so weak in the grocery store I really thought I would pass out so I decided to move up the protein drinks to day 4. I know I was bad but I got really light headed every time I stood up they made all the diffference! Stay away from chewable food as I think it may "scratch" on the way down!! Good luck, I'm right here with you!! Teri :dash2:

nebmom,

I would be very careful and hold of on the chicken until your 3wks...

I will be the first to tell u that it was also very hard for me but and I also did cheat but I think eating the chicken is pushing it.

you can try mashed potatoes, oatmeal, and oh way the protien drinks do help the hunger pangs...

lets see what else...

banana... and of course the soups.. oh yeah and puddings..they work..

these are some of the things I cheated with and even though I had no side affects I was very afraid I might have stretched my pouch.. so that the big thing to be careful about..

good luck :rolleyes: