Day 8 and HUNGRY

Hello. It's 1am and my stomach is calling for food - I think. It's like having a perpetual stomach churning/growling combined with a great big gas bubble that never "pops". I really can't tell if it's gas or hunger pangs or both. I'm taking gasx which helps but my tumultuous tummy is driving me nutso. Fortunately the "gas bubble" doesn't allow me to even consider sneaking in any solids. Only in my dreams. Day 8 post op. URRRRR. Any advice? Hungry - hungry. How did your tummy feel at this point in the game?

GasX didn't work at all for me (in fact, it made me feel worse). Someone suggested Phazyme, and I've had success with that. Perhaps you should try something else to help with the gassy feeling.

Thanks ladies. I feel much better today - especially since the scale showed another drop. Perhaps I WAS really hungry! To be honest, I think true hunger is a new sensation for me. I guess I should get used to it. Best wishes and thanks again for the tips.

Hello there! I was banded on 4/29. I have felt truely hungry since day 3 post-op. It has been very hard for me. I had gas pains as well but the hunger pains were different. I totally cheated on the post op diet on day 3 or 4 and I wrote a post on here about it. I was worried about stretching my pouch or slipping but I was so hungry I couldnt stand it. I ended up eating a very small amount of food and felt 100% better. I have since tried very hard to keep on track but I have eaten some really runny oatmeal. I was full after about 1 cup and it really satisified my hunger pains for a long time. Good just at sticking with your post-op diet. I am slightly disappointed with myself for eating however the hunger pains were so horrible. Have a great day.

y

Hello there! I was banded on 4/29. I have felt truely hungry since day 3 post-op. It has been very hard for me. I had gas pains as well but the hunger pains were different. I totally cheated on the post op diet on day 3 or 4 and I wrote a post on here about it. I was worried about stretching my pouch or slipping but I was so hungry I couldnt stand it. I ended up eating a very small amount of food and felt 100% better. I have since tried very hard to keep on track but I have eaten some really runny oatmeal. I was full after about 1 cup and it really satisified my hunger pains for a long time. Good just at sticking with your post-op diet. I am slightly disappointed with myself for eating however the hunger pains were so horrible. Have a great day.

y

Well, I can't say I've exactly stuck to my post op diet. Like you, I felt famished. I've gone back to my hiking routine and clear broth just wasn't cutting it. So, I took a box of Trader Joe's low soduim tomato soup and blended a cup of fabulous white beans and chicken broth into it. What a difference. I kept feeling like I was upping my calories too much but the weight keeps dropping. I really was worried about shutting down my metabolism with too few calories.

Best wishes

I had that feeling pretty bad from Day 3 post-op to Day 7. Day 8, I finally gave in and ordered a chocolate shake. I wasn't worried about calories - because the popsicles and gatorade wasn't adding up to enough anyways. I had a few sips - went down fine. I had a few more, and my pains I've had all week went away! I had truly had hunger pains. Considering I've never felt that before, I mistook them for gas pains and was sucking on gas-x strips constantly!! Who would have thought! I was pain free for 4-5 hours!!!

If you do decide to take this route - DO NOT USE THE STRAW! That only allows you to suck down more air and give you gas!!!

Good luck :rolleyes:

There were weird noises coming from my stomach. I think it sounded like a version of the Land of the Lost!!!! Remember that Saturday morning show? Anyway ...

I thought because I was growling, better yet ROARING, I was hungry. I wasn't.

Be strong :) Follow your pre-op diet and don't cheat too much :P

Hello. It's 1am and my stomach is calling for food - I think. It's like having a perpetual stomach churning/growling combined with a great big gas bubble that never "pops". I really can't tell if it's gas or hunger pangs or both. I'm taking gasx which helps but my tumultuous tummy is driving me nutso. Fortunately the "gas bubble" doesn't allow me to even consider sneaking in any solids. Only in my dreams. Day 8 post op. URRRRR. Any advice? Hungry - hungry. How did your tummy feel at this point in the game?

One question ladies.. Post-op.. can you drink protein shakes right away? I can't believe how much the Slim Fast shakes totally fill me up. Can I drink those right away?? Thanks!

No you have to have clear liquids for so many days. Please take a look at the post-op diet posted on this forum.

So let's just say for about the first five days, you will have chicken broth, apple juice, jello, etc.

Then you will progress to shakes and then to creamy soups . . . at this point is when you're bound to become a member of the Chip Licker Society :P

Nutso? Have you all been talking behind my back?