were you able to lift suitcase

I'm spending 3 nights in San Diego before surgery and 3 nights at clinic/hotel so I will have to pack for 6 days. Did any of you have any problems lifting a suitcase? I will be packing very light but I will need to take more than an overnight bag.

sue

You'll definetly want wheels on your suitcase.... I wish I would have had them!! I went by myself and had to lug my bag everywhere!! I did pack light but it was still hard! I was at the different airports between flights and had to carry that bag plus I took a small purse. Wheels are your friend!! ><'

Yes!!! No more than 15lbs for 3 weeks. Trust me, you'll feel it if you don't adhere to that rule.

My suitcase was fine at 18lbs, but I lifted something out of the backseat of my car when I got home (just out of habit) and I felt a pinch pain. Told hubby, he'd had to lift it instead :wacko:

I see you're spending more time there - why don' t you pack two lightweight travel bags (on wheels!) - and try to keep them both at 15lbs.

Good luck ><'

I think I will make packing light my challenge. I aaaalways over pack, its ridiculous. I know I can do it just by doing away with all the shoes. :D

thanks for the info

I packed quite lightly but then went on a shoe buying frenzy in San Diego and barely got my luggage through check-in it was so heavy. It was difficult getting it on and off the ramps at the airport...but in the end the shoe bargains were worth it. :D

Make sure you have wheels! The only problem I had was lugging the luggage through the customs at the border and I had to lift it with all my souvenirs onto the xray table! Had help everywhere else from the drivers, bellhops, etc. I used curbside check-in at the airport so I never even had to take it into the airport at all. I had my hubby pick me up so he got it off the baggage claim and back into the car. Just use your common sense and ask for help when you need it.