Happy Anniversary

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! 482595bp20ksiiv6.gif

I know I'm a few days late, but Friday I was traveling and didn't bring my laptop. It's been a month since banding and I am doing so well. I haven't lost any additional weight for about two weeks now, but I feel ALOT lighter. I think it's because I'm walking almost everyday and keeping up with my exercises!

This weekend was I had an awakening to my new "ME". I went "home" to visit my mom and usually when I go home I like to eat at our favorite restaurants. This was different. I didnt crave any of the old places, I didnt even mention them. I did try eating new foods (old to me, but new to the band) this weekend and realized that I really didnt miss the foods I used to love. I mean I used to look forward to going home and eating out at places that I havent eaten in a few months. The worst food I ate was a chili cheese hot dog from Wienerschnitzel which turns out is 340 calories (14 g protein, fat 150, sodium 1260), so it really was too bad, considering I could have eaten worse. So I was kind of kicking myself for it, but then found out the calories and I really didnt do to bad.

Ive learned that check out the nutritional info even when you think you are eating unhealthy, because it may not be as bad as you may think it is. I mean, I wouldnt eat a chili cheese hotdog everyday, but you know once in awhile wont hurt either! I did get compliments on my weight loss, which felt great, but at the same time surreal because its been awhile Ive gotten compliments.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Mothers day and everyone is doing well. A month has flown by, 20 pounds have been lost, and my surgery incisions look like red scratch marks that you cant even feel. The port aching has ceased and the gas has disappeared. I cant wait to bend over and tie my tennis shoes properly, you know without having to tie them while leaning to the right or left!

I think you are doing great.. it is all a learning experience.

I have looked up my favorite fast foods, considering the protein and fat in them. I love wendy's chili, and it is a good choice for me. I also looked up, (unfortunately after eating it) the calories in a Jack in the Box small ice cream cup... 800 calories.. I nearly fainted! Since a jack-in-the-box jumps up to surprise you, I certainly was surprised. Personally, I think it jumped out and bit me on the BLEEP!

Anyway....

LMAO :D Paula you are soooo funny. well if it bit you in the BLEEP, thats one pound less you dont have to worry about! Nutritional info is awesome at times, but at the same time it is scary because usually your favorite items have the most cals or fats...like they say if it tastes TOO good to be true, it probably is bad for you :wacko: