I am taking my kids with me to have surgery on 5-21-08. I have 2 kids under 18, one is 16 the other 12. Any idea what I need to take inorder to get them back and forth across the border. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tanya

My Hubby and our 11yr old are going to the OCC on the 29th for my first fill and I was told to bring her birth certificate for her ID. Hubby and I will have our license and BC for us [we don't have passports.] My daughter's taking a gameboy and word finds to keep her busy, I took a book to read to pass the time while waiting in the airport, for tests and what not. They'll have a good time, we're going shopping on Revolution Ave. after my fill. ENJOY!! ><' Darlene

Thank you all for your help. I finally gathered or shall i say, found all our birth certificates. I was going to have my ex sign a form allowing me to take my kids across the border and back, but sounds like I really don't need that. Thanks all, and best of luck with your fills and bands

Tanya

I have a house in Mexico and I always take my sons Birth certificate and school picture ID when we go there on our vacations.

Denise

Actually you might want to get that letter and have it not only signed but notarized. My teens went down with a mission group this past year and they had to have a letter from each parent stating permission for them to cross the border on the way back into the US.

Tanya,

I am a paralegal for CA and NV.....their birth certificates is all you need. The letter from you rex is not needed. Only if you were going to establish residency there....you would need that. Trust me the border partrol could care less....your leaving the border. I'm in Mexico every month, I just left there with my 12 year old and they never asked a question.

Monet