Can we eat lettuce/salad?

I see many people talking about the foods they're eating post op; I am 4 weeks post op. I haven't seen much written about eating salads. My friend, who was banded with me, is under the impression that we shouldn't be eating lettuce at this time, but I've not seen any information for or against it. Soooooo, veteran bandsters, what's the scoop?

Barb

I read somewhere that the darker the green in your salad the better it is for you, I loooooooooooooove salad (esp. Cesar Salad) and after my first fill I was able to eat just as much salad as I could pre banding, so Evette is right it will go right through your band.

After my 2nd fill (before the unfill) I had 5 bites of salad and felt REALLY full, and later I ended up PB'ing it all up so obviously it CAN be restricted by the band. I haven't tried it since my unfill but I will let you know when I do, I am hoping that I can manage just a 1/2cup or so without getting sick and it will leave me feeling full!!

Thanks Michelle and Evette. Somehow I just knew you ladies would come through for me with the answer.

Barb

Helllo everyone,

Could anyone suggest any other type of foods are good.

I'm really concern about the first day of solid foods.

Any suggestion?

Charlotte

I read that we are supposed to stay away from meat other that fish.. a good first meal is like watery oatmeal!! Hope this helps!

Helllo everyone,

Could anyone suggest any other type of foods are good.

I'm really concern about the first day of solid foods.

Any suggestion?

Charlotte

anything soft, juicy, small portions, and easy to swallow. fish is good, weight watchers microwave meals, everything is pre portioned and usually tender... also variety of soups, i know you may be tired of soups, but honestly i love campbells select or healthy request soups because you eat them and are full, without all the calories and fat :D