Well, I have 5 days until banding! Woooohooo!! I can't believe how fast its gone by. My concern is that my weight keeps fluctuating. On my initial paperwork, I put my weight down as 195 (I had ben to the Dr. a week or so prior and that was my weight). Dr. Miranda said I didn't have to do a pre-op diet if I didn't want to, but she said not to gain a SINGLE POUND.... well, I HAVE been doing a pre-op diet, just not as strict, and my weight is fluctuating like crazy. I was down to 193, then today I am 198! I am so worried! Also, my Dr. scale always reads higher than my scale at home, so I am afraid that the scales at OCC will also read higher. I am just afraid that they won't let me get my surgery. I think I am about to get my period, so that might be the reason for the fluctuations... I don't know. I have been doing 2 slimfasts and 1 lean cuisine, and then a snack mid-day (generally a south beach protein bar). I am just worried. Really worried.

Try to not freak out, like you said you on your period and stress can play a factor too!

Relax and try not to worry too much about the weight and continue on your pre-op diet and the lbs will come off in a day or two!!

Best of luck with your surgery and keep us up to date on how you are doing!!

Cathy

I really don't think you'll have a problem, especially since they said you didn't have to diet. They know that scales varey, the one they weighed me on was electric. My Doc here still uses the slide weight scales. His always has me a few pounds heavier. You'll do fine, I weighed 214 when I did my paper work and only lost 6lbs. [per Dr. M's scale] and she said I did good. I might get to see you in the waiting room! :D, that's my first fill date. Darlene

Keep doing your pre op diet and you'll be fine!!!!!

Keep up the good work.

We're all so excited for you!

Well, I have 5 days until banding! Woooohooo!! I can't believe how fast its gone by. My concern is that my weight keeps fluctuating. On my initial paperwork, I put my weight down as 195 (I had ben to the Dr. a week or so prior and that was my weight). Dr. Miranda said I didn't have to do a pre-op diet if I didn't want to, but she said not to gain a SINGLE POUND.... well, I HAVE been doing a pre-op diet, just not as strict, and my weight is fluctuating like crazy. I was down to 193, then today I am 198! I am so worried! Also, my Dr. scale always reads higher than my scale at home, so I am afraid that the scales at OCC will also read higher. I am just afraid that they won't let me get my surgery. I think I am about to get my period, so that might be the reason for the fluctuations... I don't know. I have been doing 2 slimfasts and 1 lean cuisine, and then a snack mid-day (generally a south beach protein bar). I am just worried. Really worried.

Carrie, as hard as it is RELAX!!! hehehe you may walk in there and realize you lost 10 pounds. I just got back from shopping for a new scale and out of the 12 that I stood on only 3 of them said the same thing...GO FIGURE!!! Keep us posted. Lora

THANK YOU SO MUCH, LADIES! ><' I am sooo glad I have this forum to come to and vent all my concerns. I would be going out of my mind otherwise! LOL! :wacko: <----- ME! hahahaha! Yeah, I emailed Dr. Miranda and bless her heart she emailed me back already! I was surprised since it is a weekend! She said not to worry AT ALL! She said that as long as I am dieting, it is helping clear my liver of the fat which is whats important, and she said if I gain water weight from my period that I should take calcium (??) never heard of that but I'll try it for sure! I AM SO FRIGGEN EXCITED YOU GUYS! Oh my god I cant believe I am getting banded in like 5 days!

THANK YOU SO MUCH, LADIES! ><' I am sooo glad I have this forum to come to and vent all my concerns. I would be going out of my mind otherwise! LOL! :wacko: <----- ME! hahahaha! Yeah, I emailed Dr. Miranda and bless her heart she emailed me back already! I was surprised since it is a weekend! She said not to worry AT ALL! She said that as long as I am dieting, it is helping clear my liver of the fat which is whats important, and she said if I gain water weight from my period that I should take calcium (??) never heard of that but I'll try it for sure! I AM SO FRIGGEN EXCITED YOU GUYS! Oh my god I cant believe I am getting banded in like 5 days!

I read somewhere that the pre-diet is actually to rid your liver of fat and sugar as the organ hardens over time and it's difficult to move for access during surgery. The pre-diet helps to make it more malleable.

I started liquid vitamins and liquid calcium, citrate to prep. I want as little organ tugging as is humanly possible! hehe

I'm SO excited for you! WOOT!

Rememer,

This weight lose is for your liver sakes.....they will band you, trust me! They just wnat to insure that your liver does not swell or get bigger before your surgery. Your alot smaller that some of us......so relax.

Try 2 protein shakes and one meal until surgrey or 3 times for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Soon, you will be posting that you worried for nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Monet