Can't keep food down...

Hello, my friend told me about this site and I need HELP. I had the lap band put in Feb 2007 and I have gone from 290 to 219. I have not had any problems... Last week I got my band filled .05 cc and I cant keep anything down. Not even water, I dont feel any pain I feel fine. The only thing I feel is a restriction. I didn't want to go to my doctor because I have a feeling he will loosen it too much and then I will gain weight. Since last Wed i went from 227 to 219. Is this ok???

HELP ME PLEASE....

- Tatyana :)

Ok, so I tried the Tea thing... I might have been drinking it to fast IDK, but it did not work... It came right back up. However last night my friend suggested I try milk and I drank it REALLY SLOW. It did go down, thats ok right??? I have been taking little tiny sips all day and at time it comes out other times it stays. My friend who has a band said that I should maybe wait to see if it loosens up. What do you guys think I should do?

Thank you all for your support,

Tatyana :)

It sounds as though you need some unfill. I wouldn't wait. You will get dehydrated. You will lose weight, but at the risk of your health it is not worth it. if you cannot keep down water you need to get some taken out whether it is hot or not!

When I had my fill, Dr. Romero said we should NEVER feel any type of restriction with liquids and if we do, to call IMMEDIATELY!

Call your doctor, immediately!

Hello, my friend told me about this site and I need HELP. I had the lap band put in Feb 2007 and I have gone from 290 to 219. I have not had any problems... Last week I got my band filled .05 cc and I cant keep anything down. Not even water, I dont feel any pain I feel fine. The only thing I feel is a restriction. I didn't want to go to my doctor because I have a feeling he will loosen it too much and then I will gain weight. Since last Wed i went from 227 to 219. Is this ok???

HELP ME PLEASE....

- Tatyana :)

Hello all,

Thank you so much for all the help you have given me. I woke up last night around 3am with a really bad pain where the band is I assumed it was because I was sleeping on my chest. Anyway I attempted to drink Hot tea, and I was able to keep most of it down YEAY!!!! Anyway, im not going to take the risk of my band slipping so I am calling my doctor @ 9am to see what he tells me. I hope everything is ok... I got my band filled last wed and I went from 227 to 216, 11 pounds which is great. However, its freaking me out i've never lost so much weight after a fill. Thank you guys so much for all your help and I will keep you updated on what he tells me...

AFTER NOT BEING ABLE TO KEEP FOOD NOR WATER DOWN FOR 36 HOURS, I LOST SEVERAL POUNDS BUT I RETURNED TO NORMAL ONCE I HAD A BIT OF AN UNFILL AND STARTED EATING AND DRINKING AGAIN :) I'D SAY LOSING THAT FAST, MOST OF IT WAS WATER WEIGHT.

It's best to call your doctor immediately and tell him what is going on....liquids should pass through your band with No problem! Just tell him your concerns about taking out to much of the fill...it may take just a tad out to make the fill perfect! ;)

Hello,

Good news my band didnt slip =D> , However it was to tight. I went yesterday to unfil just a bit, unfortunately he took out 2cc's :(( . I hope I dont gain any of the weight back. Im doing really good, drinking lots of water. Did anyone do their lap band with Dr.Whitwell??? Any way, I feel really good and I can swallow now..... YEAY ME!!!!! :lol:

Thank You Thank You, everyone who helped me out.

;)