13 days post op

Allcdngirl

Hi all,,, I'm 13 days post op and since I was able to start creamy soups, and about the same time, I was able to drink a whole can of Slimfast, I always feel full, and am having trouble getting my water in. My weight loss appears to have stopped as well. I usually have a shake for breakfast, and soup for lunch and dinner. If I'm hungry in between I will have a liquid yogurt. Soup is so high in salt, that's probably making me retain water. Should I stop the soup? I don't want to keep only at 600 calories a day (liquids only), but I also know I need to increase my water intake. Any suggestions? Any body else facing this problem? Your thoughts and suggestions are always appreciated. Thanks, Anita

Once I started the soups, my weight loss stopped. I needed the soup because I was hungry ;)

You're right soup is high is sodium and that's the downfall of having it, but you have to have something. A woman cannot live on slim fast alone! Maybe you can make your own soup and control the sodium.

Hi all,,, I'm 13 days post op and since I was able to start creamy soups, and about the same time, I was able to drink a whole can of Slimfast, I always feel full, and am having trouble getting my water in. My weight loss appears to have stopped as well. I usually have a shake for breakfast, and soup for lunch and dinner. If I'm hungry in between I will have a liquid yogurt. Soup is so high in salt, that's probably making me retain water. Should I stop the soup? I don't want to keep only at 600 calories a day (liquids only), but I also know I need to increase my water intake. Any suggestions? Any body else facing this problem? Your thoughts and suggestions are always appreciated. Thanks, Anita

Hey you know what Dawnie... I just remembered.. weight watchers has a great vegetable soup that's 0 points, and it's full of veggies. I think I'll make that and just put it in the blender. Thanks for the idea of making my own. I would never have thunk! A cook I am not!

Try my chicken tortilla recipe posted in the recipes!

Hey you know what Dawnie... I just remembered.. weight watchers has a great vegetable soup that's 0 points, and it's full of veggies. I think I'll make that and just put it in the blender. Thanks for the idea of making my own. I would never have thunk! A cook I am not!

No way Kimra! You got them first, they're all yours! lol ><' And didn't I say I was trying to avoid soups because of the salt, and Dawnie told me to make her soup. Did you know there were TWO freekin cans of soup in her recipe?? Maybe she's trying to sabotage me.. haha. :ph34r:

Anita... now that will give you cancer (canker sores)!!!! haha!!! LMAO!! Just kidding... I still need to make this Dawnie!! Thanks for reminding me!

I would chose a low sodium, low calorie soup and eat more....600 calories a day is not enough...your body will go into starvation mode and you will not lose.

I am on a 900 calorie a day plan and I am losing 2-3 lbs a day! 8 since Tuesday.

Change it up and make sure you are eating enough...the lbs will fall off!

Good luck, Cathy

Dr. Miranda emailed me yesterday.. I will paste what she said below:

The liquid diet is as low in calories as posible

2-3 shakes a day

2-3 yogurts a day

2 cups juice diulted in water

1 cup gatorade a day

free water

every once in a while a creamy soup prefarably tomato.

Dr. MIranda

Therefore, I am trying to stay away from soup as much as possible. Hope this helps!

Dr. Miranda emailed me yesterday.. I will paste what she said below:

The liquid diet is as low in calories as posible

2-3 shakes a day

2-3 yogurts a day

2 cups juice diulted in water

1 cup gatorade a day

free water

every once in a while a creamy soup prefarably tomato.

Dr. MIranda

Therefore, I am trying to stay away from soup as much as possible. Hope this helps!

Kimra...is that what Dr. Miranda is suggesting for 1 day intake?

Yes, 1 day intake for post op (during the 21 days)

I am four days post op. Can I start drinking the protein shakes now? As of today I have only drank clear liquids. I am starting to feel a bit light headed when I stand up.

Thank you in advance for your response.

I am four days post op. Can I start drinking the protein shakes now? As of today I have only drank clear liquids. I am starting to feel a bit light headed when I stand up.

Thank you in advance for your response.

You can start the liquid yogurt on day 4, but the protein shakes are not until day 7.

You can start the liquid yogurt on day 4, but the protein shakes are not until day 7.

Thanks for the reply. I am on my way to the store to get some liquid yogurt.

Kimra,

Thanks that is helpful... I have read Dr. Ortiz's book twice and I have read the post op diet a million times but now that I am home (banded May 26th) I got confused and scared of how many calories/times to drink on a daily bases. Dr. Miranda was wonderful and helpful, I think this info. you posted might should be included in the post op info to help as a guideline for patients. I like how she broke it down for you.

Thanks!

Shannon :rolleyes:

Kimra,

Thanks that is helpful... I have read Dr. Ortiz's book twice and I have read the post op diet a million times but now that I am home (banded May 26th) I got confused and scared of how many calories/times to drink on a daily bases. Dr. Miranda was wonderful and helpful, I think this info. you posted might should be included in the post op info to help as a guideline for patients. I like how she broke it down for you.

Thanks!

Shannon :rolleyes:

I felt the SAME way!! I do agree that it would be great if that was included in the paperwork... I'm so glad I emailed her, she is awesome!!

• 4 weeks later...

liquid yogurt...do you mean something like dannon light and fit smoothies? I'm making a list of things to have on hand so I don't mess up when I get back home from Mexico. :mellow: