When can I stop being so paranoid?

Everything I do (controlled or not) makes me nervous that something will happen to the band. Hiccup to hard, cough, sneeze, cat step on port, child hanging off my neck, specks in cream soup too speckie. Every little thing makes me freak that I f’d something up (slip or stretch pouch). Kwim. Is the band really that delicate. I feel like I’m walking on egg shells with my own body, I swear I didn’t think it would be like this. Oh crap now I’m complaining lol

Heather

Hey, the band is a lot stronger than that! Listen to me, I had 3 separate HUGE and LONG drawn out vomitting episodes and my band is just fine. It was checked under fluro twice. And those were all within one week of being banded. So, if that didn't cause slippage, a hiccup isn't going to either.

Oh yeah, also remember my toilet story. If that straining didn't hurt the band, nothing will!

As for the cat, hahahaha I went around with a pillow on my stomach for about a month after banding because I didn't want one of mine jumping on my belly. Thats a normal fear I think.

But, go ahead, cough, hiccup, jump up and own, you'll be fine. It is stronger than you think.

Heather,

I've been in the hospital with Salmonella food poisoning this week...sicker than I've ever been in my life (not really the way to lose weight). I vomited more than you can possibly imagine and my band is fine. Still swollen and aggravated, but otherwise fine. Don't worry...just take care of yourself, eat the way you are supposed to and all will be fine!

Take Care,

Kris

Heather,

I've been in the hospital with Salmonella food poisoning this week...sicker than I've ever been in my life (not really the way to lose weight). I vomited more than you can possibly imagine and my band is fine. Still swollen and aggravated, but otherwise fine. Don't worry...just take care of yourself, eat the way you are supposed to and all will be fine!

Take Care,

Kris

YOWZA GIRL!!! I hope you are better by now! That must have been awful! So sorry for you.

Stop living your life with WHAT IF'S! If something is going to happen it will do it no matter what you do. I started to ride my dirt bike, playing softball, basketball, and soccer 3 weeks after surgery. Just live each day like it is your last, and stop worrying and enjoy life with your band!

You will get more comfortable with your band as time goes on. It is really quite durable. it will just take time to wrap your head around it.

I LOVE roller coasters, and spent three days doing them about 6 weeks after my surgery. If you're going to do something to your band from the outside you're going to have to work at it. Just mind the exercise guidelines for post-op and you'll be fine.

• 1 month later...
I LOVE roller coasters, and spent three days doing them about 6 weeks after my surgery. If you're going to do something to your band from the outside you're going to have to work at it. Just mind the exercise guidelines for post-op and you'll be fine.

Where do you get your fills, I am in Oregon.

I have thrown up so much since I was banded that I know my band is in there pretty securely. I used to worr about it alot, but I feel better now.