What have I done???

What have I done! I am 2 weeks post op and I just ate a large handful of Cheetoes. It was only been about 5 minutes since I ate them, and so far, I am not experiencing any pain or anything but I feel so darn guilty. With each bite, I asked myself why I was doing this...yet I could stop. I bet I just ate 20 or them! Why did I do that???

Banded4Life,

Try not to be too hard on yourself. We all make mistakes and have all been in your shoes before!! Just take a deep breath and step away from the cheetos!! Just remember, you spent a lot of money and time, not to mention recovery, to get this band. You are almost there...!! Try to examine why you did this and discover if any feelings, etc. were attached to the behavior. If you can identify what made you eat those cheetos, you may be able to prevent it in the future. Good luck!!

I've been there.... that's why I did the post of "Eating waaaayyyyy too much!" I can't figure it out either, I really wish I knew!

It's almost like a panic-ed feeling, like if I don't hurry and eat this, the world's gonna end! :lb20:

What have I done! I am 2 weeks post op and I just ate a large handful of Cheetoes. It was only been about 5 minutes since I ate them, and so far, I am not experiencing any pain or anything but I feel so darn guilty. With each bite, I asked myself why I was doing this...yet I could stop. I bet I just ate 20 or them! Why did I do that???

Cheetoes are yummy! LOL. It isn't going to kill you. You'll find that there's going to be moments where this kind of junk food just jumps into your mouth. I used to cheat after surgery with animal crackers,, but don't tell anyone. They just melt in your mouth.

Don't feel guilty...there is no race to lose the weight and life is a long time, not to have things you enjoy!

Focus on your goal and you'll do fine. But there are going to be times when you want Cheetos or a cookie...have it!

Take care, Cathy

Honey, you did that because you, like every person who's overweight enough to need a weight loss surgery in the first place, are addicted to food. The band is a physical limitation on the quantity you can eat - but your mind has to put the limitation on the quality. Oh, that I could band my mind/psyche/emotions!!! BUT - you will get there!!

One of my favorite quotes:

"You don't have to want to do it, you just have to do it." ~Dr. Phil McGraw

HI...I CHEATED ON POST OP WITH 3 DAYS LEFT FOR REGULAR FOOD...DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY I COULDN'T MAKE IT. GOT MY MONTHLY AND ATE (5)SALT AND VINGAR PRINGLES...JUST HAD TO HAVE THEM IN MY HEAD!! :lb12: FELT GUILTY AND DID AN EXTRA 15 MINUTES ON THE TREADMILL FOR THEM.....NOW I'M OVER IT! DON'T DWELL ON THE GUILT OR YOU COULD SET YOURSELF UP FOR FAILURE WITH THE BAND. GET OVER AND ADJUST....IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO START OVER!! THIS IS A TOOL AND PROVEN TO WORK. IT WILL GET BETTER!! KEEP PUSHING ><' ><' ><'

LENA23

Don't worry about it. You had a slip-up - we've all had one...or more! So enjoy the brief moment and move on. ><'

It was one or MORE for me!

Don't worry about it. You had a slip-up - we've all had one...or more! So enjoy the brief moment and move on. ><'

We are all human and therefore we cheat! I did too, but don't remember on what it was, but I licked my share of chips during the post op!!!