Is there such a thing as too many liquids

I am drinking liquids and drinking soup all day long, am I over doing it?

What stage are you in? Clear liquids or creamy soups? Are you getting soup-logged?

I know we still have to watch the calorie intake while on the liquid/mushy phase of the pre-op diet. Supplement soup with yogurt, jello, popcicles, change it up a bit or you will just want to barf everytime you see soup!

Good luck, Cathy

I'm on the creamy soup stage

What stage are you in? Clear liquids or creamy soups? Are you getting soup-logged?

I know we still have to watch the calorie intake while on the liquid/mushy phase of the pre-op diet. Supplement soup with yogurt, jello, popcicles, change it up a bit or you will just want to barf everytime you see soup!

Good luck, Cathy

I can just image how hard that's going to be for me...I am not a big fan of creamy soups at the best of times.

I have surgery tommorrow...and look forward to jello and popcicles...and a bit of broth here and there for a few days. Do what you can to get through is my philosophy...make sure you take your vitamins too...I feel shaky if I don't.

Best of luck, ttys Cathy

Hi Sphynxmomma,

Just sip all day. I was worried I wasn't getting enough protein so I emailed Dr Miranda.

She said sip as much as you want especially as this time is for healing and if we happen to lose weight that is a bonus.

I ended up having a shake for breakfast, soup for lunch and another protein shake in the pm.

In between I also added popsicle, yop and water.

Hope this helps

Nicolek