Tips to maximize your weight loss

Everybody please add what works for you.

1. My bestfriend is my George Foreman grill. No more fried foods in this house. If I can't cook it on the lean, mean, fat reducing machine then it doesn't get cooked!

2. Stay away from all fast food. If you must eat fast food, go with a salad with low calorie dressing or a grilled chicken wrap.

3. Water! Drink it until you think you are gonna puke. LOL

4. Put your food in a saucer instead of a large plate. You will be amazed that you get full from a smaller amount of food.

5. Cut out sweets altogether if possible. Empty calories like this only make you want more and they do not keep you full.

6. Have a protein bar as a meal replacement. I usually eat one daily for lunch and then down 2 bottled waters an hour later. It keeps me full until supper.

7. Do not graze. Eat three solid meals a day and DRINK YOUR WATER!

8. Sometimes I mistake thirst for hunger. Get you a huge cup of crushed ice and munch away. It will give you the chewing you need and help with the thirst.

9. If you like Gatorade, drink the G2 instead of the regular. It has 1/3 of the calories of regular Gatorade.

10. I can rarely eat bread without PBing, so I steer away from it completely and really don't miss it much!

11. Get off the couch! I have found it is hard to get started, but once I do I feel 100% better.

12. Get your fills. Remember, the band won't work without them!

That's all I can think of for now. I would love to hear what works for other people.

Here's one: If you are having head hunger, brush your teeth. then your mouth will feel minty and clean and you won't want to ruin it with food.

When you are having a craving.... whether it's sweet/salty/savory ... and you just HAVVVVVVE to have something(or you might just kill a child/animal/husband), try one of the 100 calorie packs. They come in about a million different kinds and brands now. AND they are portion controlled!!!!

(cause I know if I had a regular sized bag of chips, I'd wanna eat half (OK maybe all) of the bag)

><'

Amber

Great idea! I love the 100 calorie packs! They also make 100 calorie bags of popcorn now! Yum!

Everybody please add what works for you.

1. My bestfriend is my George Foreman grill. No more fried foods in this house. If I can't cook it on the lean, mean, fat reducing machine then it doesn't get cooked!

2. Stay away from all fast food. If you must eat fast food, go with a salad with low calorie dressing or a grilled chicken wrap.

3. Water! Drink it until you think you are gonna puke. LOL

4. Put your food in a saucer instead of a large plate. You will be amazed that you get full from a smaller amount of food.

5. Cut out sweets altogether if possible. Empty calories like this only make you want more and they do not keep you full.

6. Have a protein bar as a meal replacement. I usually eat one daily for lunch and then down 2 bottled waters an hour later. It keeps me full until supper.

7. Do not graze. Eat three solid meals a day and DRINK YOUR WATER!

8. Sometimes I mistake thirst for hunger. Get you a huge cup of crushed ice and munch away. It will give you the chewing you need and help with the thirst.

9. If you like Gatorade, drink the G2 instead of the regular. It has 1/3 of the calories of regular Gatorade.

10. I can rarely eat bread without PBing, so I steer away from it completely and really don't miss it much!

11. Get off the couch! I have found it is hard to get started, but once I do I feel 100% better.

12. Get your fills. Remember, the band won't work without them!

That's all I can think of for now. I would love to hear what works for other people.

I am copy and pasting this to tape on everything, just like I did with Evette's tips. You guys are wonderful! :lb23:

That is so funny!! I hate to waste a good teeth brushing!

I started doing the teeth brushing right after I start feeling full, and it works great. Like this morning, I started to eat breakfast, 1 Multi grain Waffle w/SF syrup, and a Turkey sausage. Looking at my plate right now, I did eat the Turkey sausage but have half of waffle left. :D

Great tips! I totally forgot about my grill. I'm dusting it off and using it this week! The sweets thing is soooo true. I have cut them out the last few days and wow I feel better. Thanks for posting.

Cheryl

Great tips - thanks!!

Amberlam - I just watched your video - I love it!

So fun - and of course very inspiring - congratulations on your success! =D>

:)

Awww... Too kind!!! ;) Thanks so much! Good luck on your surgery the 24th!!!!!