Dr. Acosta

I scheduled my first fill for July 16th. I'll be getting it done by Dr. Augusta (sp? maybe Ogusta?). Any tips or what to expect? :) I tried searching the forum about him, but I know I must be spelling the name incorrectly because nothing is coming up.

(EDIT: not Augusta or Ogusta, but Acosta) Thanks Donna! :)

It is Dr. Acosta, and he is absolutely adorable!!! He was very kind and considerate and spent a long time comforting and talking with me when I went down there for my fill. Very young and nice eye candy!

I am so glad you scheduled it already. How are you getting to the OCC from the airport? Are you staying overnight? At the Lucerna? I was thinking of trying to do it the same day but I have to work that day. I think I will look at scheduling for the 18th? May I ask how much it costs if you are using them for transportation and the hotel per night? Any other details I should know about? Thank for the info and I love reading your posts. Thank for the support. It's funny how the whole soup thing was such drama for everyone. I can't even think of the unnamed soup without LOL. Anyway glad everyone is moving on. Hope you're weekend goes without too much stress. I think the idea of just saying your stomach is bothering you and maybe you and Kim even might have the same little bug or something like that is great if anyone asks at your family get together

I am so glad you scheduled it already. How are you getting to the OCC from the airport? Are you staying overnight? At the Lucerna? I was thinking of trying to do it the same day but I have to work that day. I think I will look at scheduling for the 18th? May I ask how much it costs if you are using them for transportation and the hotel per night? Any other details I should know about? Thank for the info and I love reading your posts. Thank for the support. It's funny how the whole soup thing was such drama for everyone. I can't even think of the unnamed soup without LOL. Anyway glad everyone is moving on. Hope you're weekend goes without too much stress. I think the idea of just saying your stomach is bothering you and maybe you and Kim even might have the same little bug or something like that is great if anyone asks at your family get together

Oh no, not the Paked Botato soup. :mosking:

Here's some info from one of the OCC patient coordinators:

1) What does a non-fluro fill cost? we only do fills under fluoro

2) What does a fill with fluro cost? $100

3) Is transportation to and from the airport to the OCC an additional charge? $199 gets you airport pick-up/return and your fill

4) What does it cost to stay at the lucerna for 1 night if we're there getting a fill? $279 gets you pick-up, fill, hotel & return

5) Do we arrange transportation and lodging or just let Rene know when we plan to be there? just call the clinic at 1-866-376-7849 ext. 2 and they can make those arrangements for you :)

.... we scheduled the fill with Claudia over the phone, got our plane tickets and then sent the itinerary to Rene and he said "consider it done." :) We're going to leave SeaTac at something like 7 am and then come back that same night, so we won't need a hotel. (or to pack any bags, just purses)

You should try to get a day off and meet us there!!!! Our appts are at 1pm. Oh, and the transportation cost apparently we can split between however many people are going (not why I want you to go, just saying that b/c I thought of it, haha).

Kim got the family dinner yesterday in a bigger setting (nephew bday) and now it's my turn tomorrow. I'll figure something out, haha.

Yorkie Mommy,

Didn't realize you are from Seattle area......I live in Bremerton, where are you? Are you coming to the NW Bandster get together on July 5th?

Yorkie Mommy,

Didn't realize you are from Seattle area......I live in Bremerton, where are you? Are you coming to the NW Bandster get together on July 5th?

I'm in eastern (actually central) WA. :) It takes about the same time to get to the Seattle airport as the Spokane airport, I've been going out of Seattle because my sister-in-law is in Tacoma. We got banded the same day and wanted to travel together. We've had family camping plans for this 4th of July weekend since like August last year... so I won't be able to make it to the July 5th get together. Hopefully the next one though! :)

Hope to see you at the next get together!

Thanks yorkiemom for all the info. I am still trying to decide if I can afford to fly down or not. My girlfriend had her first fill here in Portland without fluoro and had done ok. I just don't want to risk any damage that might happen not using the fluoro. I've been wavering and need some more infor if there is any moe to help me decide. Also if I don't work some OT I might not be able to afford it. But as I type that I think the $$$$$ should not have to dictate my opportunity for the best healthcare I can get. Anyway enough of my rambling while I try and decide. I don't think I can get that day off because I'd have to trade it and that' hard to do in the summertime. I'll keep you posted.

The flight (with discount ec03108) with Alaska is $282.10. I looked it up for you, I'm a dork, haha. So that plus the $100 for the fill and then the $100 transportation (that can be divided if you find someone to share with). How much will it cost you to get one done in portland? It was going to cost Kim and I $350 with the Fill Center USA people... and we really want the fluro (at least for the first one) to make sure everything is okay in there.

It's a tough choice.... think of all the money you'll save by hardly eating anything. hahahaha, just kidding!

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks yorkiemom for all the info. I am still trying to decide if I can afford to fly down or not. My girlfriend had her first fill here in Portland without fluoro and had done ok. I just don't want to risk any damage that might happen not using the fluoro. I've been wavering and need some more infor if there is any moe to help me decide. Also if I don't work some OT I might not be able to afford it. But as I type that I think the $$$$$ should not have to dictate my opportunity for the best healthcare I can get. Anyway enough of my rambling while I try and decide. I don't think I can get that day off because I'd have to trade it and that' hard to do in the summertime. I'll keep you posted.

I was hoping to go down the 17th or 18th and will be renting a car to save some money, it cost $30.00 instead of $120. I will drive to the border and take a taxi to the clinic. This will be my second fill and I did it that way last week for my first one. I flew down in the morning, had fill at noon and flew back at 8:00 that night. Being my second fill I will probably spend the night in case there is a problem with being too tight but since I will have the car I will spend the night at a hotel in SD and go back accross if there is a problem. I would love to have the company, Heidi met me at the airport last time and we went together and it was great. After the fill we had the freedom to explore the area, go the beach etc. while we waited for our plane that evening. I loved the freedom of having my own transportation and not relying on the OCC schedule. Let me know if you want to coordinate.

Northwest Fill Management is doing fills in Port Orchard, WA on July 16th from 4-7 pm. So if any of you Northwest Bandsters need a fill, I can get the information to you. No they do not do flouro there.

I scheduled my first fill for July 16th. I'll be getting it done by Dr. Augusta (sp? maybe Ogusta?). Any tips or what to expect? :) I tried searching the forum about him, but I know I must be spelling the name incorrectly because nothing is coming up.

(EDIT: not Augusta or Ogusta, but Acosta) Thanks Donna! :)

Hey YorkieMommy........... I'm scheduled for my first fill on July 16 also and am flying in from Portland OR. I'm flying Southwest and it gets in to SD around 9:15am. I already arranged for the van to pick me up at SW baggage altho I won't have baggage. I'm just flying in for the one day and heading home that same afternoon. what time to do get in to SD, maybe we can share the van?

Kay

Hey YorkieMommy........... I'm scheduled for my first fill on July 16 also and am flying in from Portland OR. I'm flying Southwest and it gets in to SD around 9:15am. I already arranged for the van to pick me up at SW baggage altho I won't have baggage. I'm just flying in for the one day and heading home that same afternoon. what time to do get in to SD, maybe we can share the van?

Kay

Hi Kay, that would be great!

I'll be with my sister-in-law (we got banded the same day). We aren't bringing any baggage either, but still meeting the OCC transportation at baggage claim. We're arriving SD around 9:50am. What time are you heading back? We told Rene that we'd like to be at the airport at 5pm, just in case we can get on an earlier flight, but our actual flight doesn't leave until 8:30 pm. So we can be flexible if you want to share the van both to and from the clinic. :)

Let me know, I don't mind arranging it with Rene, if you'd like me to.

Hi ya'll! I had my first fill with Dr. Acosta on June 16th and it was the easiest and fastest doctor visit, ever! He is totally awesome! He talks to you, listens to you, and gives you advise, as well as encouragement. Very minimal pain, actually, it's like a little mosquito bite and voila, you get to see yourself on TV! It was an excellent day for me. It's a pretty amazing experience overall, from the surgery to the fill, the OCC staff has been tremendously thorough and committed to helping me succeed in this journey. I hope that your fill and your trip goes well.