1 year anniversary and having terrible abdominal pain

I am at a loss to understand if what i am expericing is it band related, old age, or something else. About once a month I get horrible gas pains cramping etc every time I eat or drink ANYTHING it usually last about 2-3 days then I am fine for another couple of weeks. My poor husband is beside himself thinking everything is because of the band. I have reached my goal (122 from 204 :D ) and feel really good, other than these episodes every few weeks. I am at 2ml fill . I was having really sever acid reflux at 2.6 had an unfil now that has diminished but now this. Maybe I am still to tight. I cant eat much ever so I try to get nutrition thru the protein drinks etc. Anyone else having this and if so what did you do. It is awful.

I am at a loss to understand if what i am expericing is it band related, old age, or something else. About once a month I get horrible gas pains cramping etc every time I eat or drink ANYTHING it usually last about 2-3 days then I am fine for another couple of weeks. My poor husband is beside himself thinking everything is because of the band. I have reached my goal (122 from 204 :D ) and feel really good, other than these episodes every few weeks. I am at 2ml fill . I was having really sever acid reflux at 2.6 had an unfil now that has diminished but now this. Maybe I am still to tight. I cant eat much ever so I try to get nutrition thru the protein drinks etc. Anyone else having this and if so what did you do. It is awful.

HAVE YOU MADE AN APPOINTMENT TO SEE YOUR MD?

First of congrats on your success! And I'm sorry to hear about your pain. Any chance you are experiencing this around that “time” of the month. My bands get tighter and my cramps are worse and I believe I have worse cramps because I've lost weight and now have stomach muscles from working out and I know my band gets tighter since I retain so much water weight.

And I think your acid reflux is due to too tight of a band - I just reached my weight goal and I'm going in to have an "unfill" since I'm now going into maintenance mode. Since you've reached your goal you might want to do what I just did, I scheduled a session where they will look at my pouch size, my band position and work to remove enough from my band so I can eat comfortable without weight gain. (Its more of less a band check up)

Best,

Lisa

You really need to get this checked out. At the very least you are way too tight. You are never supposed to be so restrictedt that you cannot eat solid food.

The band is supposed to restrict you to the point that you must eat solids slowly and you are unable to eat large portions. You should always be able to get solids down if you chew well.

I have 1.9 in a 4 cc band. I am able to eat chicken, steak, shrimp, and many vegetables (not the super fibrous ones unless cooked very thoroughly). I cannot eat foods that become gummy in the stomach like pasta and bread, but they have little nutrition anyway and should not be eaten by bandsters.

You may have suffered a slip or even have eroded. I'm not trying to scare you but you should have it checked out. It will at least give you peace of mind, and may save your band or your health.

Being too tight is always tempting, since it often results in good weight loss, although not always. However, it is never healthy for you or your band.Please take care of yourself!

I would suggest going to your gyn doctor as well. I had non cancerous fibroid tumors in and around my uterus, one the size of a baby's head!! I was having the same kind of symptoms, especially "once a month." I was even missing work one or two days a month because of it.

Not trying to scare you! Had a hysterectomy and all was well.

Let us know what you find out!

jena

Congratulations, Becky and Lisa, for reaching your goals. That is awesome and inspirational for the rest of us.

Becky, I am sorry you are having pain.. Praying you will get past that quickly.

Did you ever have your band checked with flouro? Definetly call your Doc and let him or her know, you should have it checked out. Best wishes, Darlene