Eatting atfer 3 weeks?

Silly question....What do I expect when I start to eat solids after the 3 weeks but before the first fill? Will I have any resriction or will I do that pbing thing? You have all kept me so informed that I never really felt surprised by anything. I have not read to much on the time area...Maybe everyone during this time frame has left to eat and does not come back until after there first fill.(lol) Dawn

I have only been on solids since June 6th. I have found most things if I chew thoroughly are fine. Go SLOW. Last night I had pasta for the first time. I made whole wheat cause I had heard it is sometimes difficult with the band but since I've not had a fill thought this was a good time to find out. Well it is still in my stomach. No PBing but I am still full. I also ate too much (about a cup). I should have realized pasta swells in the stomach even without drinking water. It is now off my list for good as I know that once I have a fill it will come back to haunt me (literally). I also found apricots didn't work well. Everyone seems to be different. My brother-in-law can't eat rice and I have no problem (again still no fill so this may change). From now on I am going to eat half what I think I can then wait 5 or 10 minutes to see how I feel because last night I thought I was okay but within 10 minutes I was uncomfortable. Live and learn. Enjoy your first real food kiddo! I know it is exciting.

Cheryl

Hi there, Cheryl is right, I am not on solids yet, just banded on June 10th. I was feeling restriction very quickly after eating anything (creamy soups, yogurt, pudding) and would be full until the next meal...it's starting to change and I am not full after eating my bowl of soup right away, so I waited about 10 minutes and had a yogurt...then I really felt the restriction.

So take your time eating...take a little break inbetween to let the food settle and if you don't feel the restriction of starting to get full, have a little more and stop when you feel tightness.

You are doing great!!! Enjoy real food!

Cathy ><'

Hi there, Cheryl is right, I am not on solids yet, just banded on June 10th. I was feeling restriction very quickly after eating anything (creamy soups, yogurt, pudding) and would be full until the next meal...it's starting to change and I am not full after eating my bowl of soup right away, so I waited about 10 minutes and had a yogurt...then I really felt the restriction.

So take your time eating...take a little break inbetween to let the food settle and if you don't feel the restriction of starting to get full, have a little more and stop when you feel tightness.

You are doing great!!! Enjoy real food!

Cathy ><'

It takes 20 minutes for the stomach to send the brain the signal that you are in fact full!

I am in that period of time...between the 3 week mark and my first fill. My first meal was not a lean quisine or a WW, it was some moist chicken (like 6 bites...SUPER well-chewed!) and some broccoli. So far, I have not slimed or PB'd once. Just eat one bite, chew chew chew, then wait for a minute before getting the next bite. You'll do fine as long as you go slow and careful and make wise food choices. Remember: protien, veggies, then maybe a carbohydrate source if you have room, and 1 very small serving of fat - those are the OCC guidelines!

6 DAYS UNTIL SOLIDS FOR ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am also quite sick of creamy soup and cream of wheat soup. I almost would rather not eat than eat it. I am having some bouts of almost daily BAD, BAD what I am fairly sure is gas pain. OMG it doubles me over. I walk, take tums, beano and walk some more. It's so bad when it happens at work because it does almost incapacitate me. Does that sound normal at this point, I'm at day 15. I didn't think I'd have so much PAIN even if it is gas. Anyway thanks for all the input.

6 DAYS UNTIL SOLIDS FOR ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am also quite sick of creamy soup and cream of wheat soup. I almost would rather not eat than eat it. I am having some bouts of almost daily BAD, BAD what I am fairly sure is gas pain. OMG it doubles me over. I walk, take tums, beano and walk some more. It's so bad when it happens at work because it does almost incapacitate me. Does that sound normal at this point, I'm at day 15. I didn't think I'd have so much PAIN even if it is gas. Anyway thanks for all the input.

some gas pains are very intense and its hard to walk straight up. I did have that problem for the 3 weeks. I would just go sit in the bathroom and hoped it passed. I still get gassy after eating and in the morning but its not as bad anymore.

Hang in there

I had no trouble eating my first meal. I had moist chicken a salad and a tiny piece of potato, all on a salad plate. I chewed well and took me about 15 min to finish. I was not full but wasn't hungry either, it kept me going all evening. So far everything I have been eating is going down well. I added some crunchy cracker like bread to my meal last night for a carb, no problems with that either. The key to remember is to stick with the small plates and don't eat too much. If hungry later have a lean protein snack. As Dr. O told me...test your band not by eating as much as you can but instead sticking with the small servings at meal time.

P.S chocolate goes down fine :ph34r: not that I'm recommending that