pain after first fll

Hi there,

I got my first fill Wed. and got 2.0. Last night I took a gel caplet and had extreme pain with it, I have always taken them OK, but I guess I can't take them now. Anyway, everytime I drink something thicker than water- I am still on liquids- I get extreme back pain. Has this happened to anyone else?

Help!! I don't want to drive 4 hours back for an unfill! Do you think I'm still swollen?

Hello, I had my first fill on 5-29 and got 1.8cc. I was on liquids for 3 days and didn't have any problems. I can still take all my meds with no problems. I'd say that you're still swollen and it may take a few days more for everything to settle. Make sure you're drinking enough, you don't want to get dehydrated. If you have extreme pain, you should call the center, you don't want to take any chances! Best wishes and please keep us updated. :D Darlene

P.S. Did you notice if warm or cold things cause the pain? When I was first banded, warm\hot things felt better, cold\ice drinks made me uncomfortable.

I would say that you are still swollen. I had back pain the first two weeks after surgery, everytime I drank it felt like it was scraping down my back. Of course I don't get that anymore so i guess I don't have restriction. <_<

Either Dr. O's book or one of the other's I've read said the gas pains can manifest either in the shoulder or the back.

Thanks for all your input I did call the Center and they said what you did, stick to warm liquids for another day. I only drink cold things, so that may be my problem. Also, the outside of the gel capsule may still be there, it is really hard to desolve. I know I will never take another one for a long, long time. I have had two children, and this is the worse pain I have experienced.

Again, thanks for all of your input.

Thanks for all your input I did call the Center and they said what you did, stick to warm liquids for another day. I only drink cold things, so that may be my problem. Also, the outside of the gel capsule may still be there, it is really hard to desolve. I know I will never take another one for a long, long time. I have had two children, and this is the worse pain I have experienced.

Again, thanks for all of your input.

Hello Jacqui1,

How are you feeling? Any better? Please keep us updated..... best wishes, Darlene ><'