FLIGHT BOOKED!!!

I just booked my flight to/from San Diego!!!!! I am very excited!!!!! I hemmed and hawed all day thinking of what if? I already had made my surgery deposit, lol...and made the decision...but oh the flight makes it seem like it's going to happen!!!!!

My husband agreed to the idea today and looked at the center on-line. I think he is still skeptical and thinks me an impulsive nut (that part is true), so I am hoping for smooth sailing, lol. I don't want to get the "I told you so, lol".

I just booked my flight to/from San Diego!!!!! I am very excited!!!!! I hemmed and hawed all day thinking of what if? I already had made my surgery deposit, lol...and made the decision...but oh the flight makes it seem like it's going to happen!!!!!

My husband agreed to the idea today and looked at the center on-line. I think he is still skeptical and thinks me an impulsive nut (that part is true), so I am hoping for smooth sailing, lol. I don't want to get the "I told you so, lol".

Good for you! This is one impulse you won't forget. Just be diligent in following the guidelines and the program and you can't fail! =D>

Congrats on your decision!! You won't regret it, believe me!! :) I felt the same way after my flight was booked.... OMG, this IS gonna happen!! :girl_dance: Is Hubby going with you? I went by myself, Hubby had to stay home with our daughter. If he is going with you, he'll [and you'll] be very pleased with the OCC! My family went back down with me for my first fill and we had a good time. Remember.... WALK, WALK, WALK AND SIP, SIP, SIP!!! :D Best wishes, Darlene

I oppted for my husband not to go. I had a friend go with me and we both had it done. My husband was a pile of nerves the whole time until I got home. So do not expect it to go away. He just loves you and wants you to be safe. I too was a pile of nerves until I got there and saw that it was all just as I had read on this forum. The day I booked my plane I too felt like it was Christmas and it all felt real. Best wishes. Dawn

You will not ever regret this decision..

Your sweet hubby is going to worry regardless. Invite him along and add a day or two in San Diego before the surgery, and make it a little vacation.

Thanks for the kind responses...

My husband is staying in KC watching our 3 kids!! I will be traveling alone. I have two good friends who are very opposed to the lap band sadly...or perhaps they'd come with me.

I'm in the exact same boat. Just made my appt. Making my flight reservations today. My husband also is skeptical, and I do not want to hear "I told you so". I think we're all pretty much the same.

My husband was opposed to me getting it done in mexico also and he was born there try and figure that one out. But I did it and I would do it again and again and again. Im 5 days from solids, and hes amazed at the difference. MY clothes are already falling off I need to wear belts with my pants. Now hes thinking about maybe getting it done. He is diabetic and they say the band helps in that matter.

Congrats on such a huge step! :D

I promise you won't regret it!

Yeah for you!!! Enjoy the countdown. When is your date again? My only advice (so far) is to start you pre-op diet as early as you can. It's really crunch time when you only have 2 weeks but again that depends on how much you have to lose. We'fe here for ya!!

Thanks everyone!!!

Julie my date is July 25th!! Where do you find the pre-op diet?? I am sure I have managed to overlook alot of things and this is one of them, lol. I weigh 223 now, down from my highest weight of 289. The last 4 months I have gained and lost the same 5 pounds, lol.

Sylvia

Thanks everyone!!!

Julie my date is July 25th!! Where do you find the pre-op diet?? I am sure I have managed to overlook alot of things and this is one of them, lol. I weigh 223 now, down from my highest weight of 289. The last 4 months I have gained and lost the same 5 pounds, lol.

Sylvia

Sylvia,

I will be there on July 25th as well. I will be flying in on July 24th with my mother for the pre-op and surgery will be on the 25th. When is your flight?

Thanks for the kind responses...

My husband is staying in KC watching our 3 kids!! I will be traveling alone. I have two good friends who are very opposed to the lap band sadly...or perhaps they'd come with me.

Hey my husband is from KC.. He has his BBQ sauce shipped her to So Cal all the time! I am sorry that your friends are oppsed to the lap band,, it is REALLY sad they aren't going anyway.. I go in a few days,, I can't wait... Are you worried about going alone? I will let you know how my experience goes. Post, post, post the more suppport you get here the better you'll be. Lets keep in touch!! XO Lisa~

Hey my husband is from KC.. He has his BBQ sauce shipped her to So Cal all the time! I am sorry that your friends are oppsed to the lap band,, it is REALLY sad they aren't going anyway.. I go in a few days,, I can't wait... Are you worried about going alone? I will let you know how my experience goes. Post, post, post the more suppport you get here the better you'll be. Lets keep in touch!! XO Lisa~

P.S. I'm a nut too and proud of it!!

Where do you find the pre-op diet??

They should tell you about it when you book. It also should come in your paperwork. If not give them a call and they'll inform you. Depending on how much you have to lose (5% of your current body weight) they may recommend something especially for you but most commonly people do what I did. Just to give you sort of an idea though the easiest one which I followed was this:

Breakfast and lunch: Some sort of Slmfast type weight loss shake. My favorites are Slimfast (they recommend the optima but I also used the low carb higher protein one) Since I am diabetic I use Glucerna also.

Dinner: Lean cuisine type low cal frozen dinner

Snacks: ministrone soup if needed, and I can't remember what else was recommended but not much.

Hope this helps you get started. You've kind of done what I did. I had lost about 35 pounds last summer and then gained and lost the same weight for 6 months. Keep us posted Sylvia. :D

sylvia,

Ahhh too bad you are not going on July 9th. My friend and i both had lap band in April. We are flying out from KC to San Diego (Mexico) for our second fill. Maybe next time we can try to go together, it will be fun

You are making the right decision. The lap band is wonderful, but still alot of work with the diet, but good things don't come easy. Best of luck to you

Thanks for the kind advice all...I do wish my friends would jump on the bandwagon, lol...but they are full of the just stick with it and exercise ...you will get there eventually...line of talk.

Hope I arrive at 9:50 in the morning on the 24th!!!