Hey guys I am back... sore but back...

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Sara!

I haven't found anything yet that works with the bloated feeling. The meds don't work and walking doesn't help anymore either.... By the way you lost 12 lbs already!! WOW! I've lost 7 since surgery but have stalled since moving to creamy soups, not sure why.

When you figure out how to get rid of the bloated feeling please let me know! I have had 2 phenzymes today and I am still going NUTS.

Good luck Sara! I feel that same way... I feel like I am about to float up to the ceiling for real... I am over here bending side to side in my desk hoping to pass some gas or something to get some kind of relief....

Dr. Miranda told me the same thing too.. Eat veggies and fruit first and then protein...She said we eat so much protein anyways when we do eat, that we get enough of protein anyways and we need to eat veggies and fruit to prevent colon cancer.

Wow, that is sooo the ooposite of what she told and wrote for us previously. I wonder why she is changing her tune? It sure is hard when they tell people all different things.

I know that when I went in for my consult with Dr. Miranda she told me the same thing. That I did not have to start eating my protein first that if I wanted to have fruit or veggies first I could. She said that needing large amounts of protein is a myth for WLS patients. She said that the possibility of having a protein deficiency is extremely slim and not possible unless we lived in a third world country or something like that.

I think the protein first stays in your stomach longer and is less fat so I'm going to still eat protein first. I agree though I'm not sure why she has changed her tune and is now telling people they do not have to eat protein first???

Dr. Miranda told me the same thing too.. Eat veggies and fruit first and then protein...She said we eat so much protein anyways when we do eat, that we get enough of protein anyways and we need to eat veggies and fruit to prevent colon cancer.

This is amazing to me too!! It goes against everything I read and have been told.....hmmm....but I did just started logging my food and exercise on myfitnesspal.com and it says that I only need about 40 grams of protein a day as opposed to the 80 grams of protein that I believed previously.

I am so confused.... :scratch_one-s_head:

This is amazing to me too!! It goes against everything I read and have been told.....hmmm....but I did just started logging my food and exercise on myfitnesspal.com and it says that I only need about 40 grams of protein a day as opposed to the 80 grams of protein that I believed previously.

I am so confused.... :scratch_one-s_head:

I am confused too as this is so opposite what I have been told previously. I sent an e-mail to Dr. Miranda asking for clarification and will post whatever she says.

Thia may be late to ask, but what exactly does the high amount of protein do for us?

Thanks Michelle!!

I just love the pic of you and Evette! So pretty!

Hey Sara!

I haven't found anything yet that works with the bloated feeling. The meds don't work and walking doesn't help anymore either.... By the way you lost 12 lbs already!! WOW! I've lost 7 since surgery but have stalled since moving to creamy soups, not sure why.

That's great Erin! Yea..I think I was too hard on myself tho... I did 7 full days of clear broths and juice. I then did 3 days incorporating the drinkable yogurt, and then moved on to the protein shakes day 10 and 11...Last night Day 12 I finally tried creamy soup and I put a pound back on! :o

I bought Maalox liquid Antacid/Antigas last night and it made me feel 75% better.... This was after 2 phenzymes and 2 GAS-X strips during the day.

Miss you guys....

I'll have to try the Maalox.

I hear you on waiting till the last minute to start new things. I have to go out and buy some drinkable protein because I think that is why my weight loss is stalled.

We all miss you too! We'll see you in August for our first fill!!! YAY!

Can somebody tell me what "liquid" yogurt is?

Thanks

btw, I love this site and all the support you guys offer! I am so glad you are here.

like the light n' fit yogurt "smoothies" or dannon or yoplait.... if you go in the yogurt/milk section you will see it, they are the ones in the drinkable bottles.

I found during the first stage of yogurt it says to do half cup portions...the DanActive was quite good and it is just over 3oz which is the perfect size. I got the one that was considered "Immunity" it strengthens your immune system with the live cultures...Dr. Miranda said this was a good thing.

Once you reach the protein shake time...I recommend BOOST w/HIGH PROTEIN (Chocolate). It is 15grams per bottle, 240 calories, and tastes the best. Trust me I have tried EAS, SlimFast, etc (and all different flavors) and it is by far the best!

I'll have to try the Maalox.

I hear you on waiting till the last minute to start new things. I have to go out and buy some drinkable protein because I think that is why my weight loss is stalled.

We all miss you too! We'll see you in August for our first fill!!! YAY!

Try BOOST High Protein...it tastes like chocolate milk and has 15g of protein. It is so much better than the rest!

Plus, it keeps you from losing your hair.

Protein is also good to help build lean muscle mass which a lot of WLS patients lose. That is why a lot of people have loose skin, I read an article about building up your lean muscle mass as you lose weight will actually help you in the long run.

Dr Miranda said we will get enough protein throughout the day through our meals and that we should not need to supplement our days with additional protein.

And momoftwins, you doing ok? You seemed to be very good and healing up very nicely! I can't remember the other names - I am so rotten about that, sorry!! Just hope you are all doing ok and healing fast. So great to meet you all!!!

Hi Mona I am doing really well!! Thank you for asking... It was nice to have met you!!