10,000 Steps

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? That is AMAZING, Kimmy!!! I'm at 6,054 right now and I think I'm going to go for a walk before it gets too dark. Good for you, girl - what an inspiration.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I join?? :D

I just put on pedometer an hour ago and went for a walk. I am at 5461 steps right now.

I was wearing a dress today and couldn't figure out where to attach the pedometer...no belt, no nothing--simple dress. I was thinking about attaching to my collar?? Any ideas?

And, when I go to the gym?? I am on the elliptical for 3 miles and then circuit training, sometimes stooped over and sideways...how do you think it will record?

Oh well, I will give it a try and see what happens tomorrow...

Good steppin' tomorrow ladies!!!

Can I join?? :D

I just put on pedometer an hour ago and went for a walk. I am at 5461 steps right now.

I was wearing a dress today and couldn't figure out where to attach the pedometer...no belt, no nothing--simple dress. I was thinking about attaching to my collar?? Any ideas?

And, when I go to the gym?? I am on the elliptical for 3 miles and then circuit training, sometimes stooped over and sideways...how do you think it will record?

Oh well, I will give it a try and see what happens tomorrow...

Good steppin' tomorrow ladies!!!

Hey Lynzz! Of course you can join! I wore a cotton dress yesterday, no belt or anything and I attached it to my collar. I looked silly, but oh well :)

Congrats on being smoke free!!

Hi Lynzz Welcome to our Step Challenge!

Last week I had the same issue with no place to put the pedo, I actually wore it under the dress attached to the waistband of my panties/hose. couldn't check it during the day much, but it worked.

Ok..it is 7/3 and it is 8:21 EST, I am at 7329 already. Waiting for someone to catch me today!!

Hi Lynzz Welcome to our Step Challenge!

Last week I had the same issue with no place to put the pedo, I actually wore it under the dress attached to the waistband of my panties/hose. couldn't check it during the day much, but it worked.

Ok..it is 7/3 and it is 8:21 EST, I am at 7329 already. Waiting for someone to catch me today!!

OH MY GOD woman, how did you get so much already? You are a walking machine!!! Good for you!!

If you can't find a place to put the pedometer, like if you are wearing a dress, put it on your panties. I don't think it will count properly if it is on your collar. It needs to feel the up down motion of your hip. For the closest to normal count, try to wear it on your waistband sortof midway between your belly button and your side. Slightly more to the side than belly button - does that make sense? Like, 2/3 of the way from the belly button to the side.

And please don't think I am being rude by not reporting my steps right now. I am currently in a contest at work until August 2nd and my goal is 20,000 per day as a minimum, so I don't think that will be fair to everyone here. I am a poor loser, so I walk in every spare minute I have. After all, I have a reputation to uphold, LOL!!! My team won the challenge last time and we are not in first place this time so I have a lot of catching up to do.

In fact, I need to get my big ole butt out there for my morning walk now!!

Good luck y'all and walk you butts off today!!!!

Ok, it is 1:24 PM EST and I am at 10324 -- try and catch me!!!!

Just an FYI, I get so many steps early because I walk 3 miles to my office in the morning. I ride a commuter bus into the city and get off early and walk the last 3 miles, this way I typically get at least 6000 before I start work.

See if I stayed on the bus, I wouldn't get to my office until about 6:40 and of course that leave no time to work out before my day starts. This way i get my workout in and arrive at the office at 7ish, then i shower (we have a gym in our office) and get ready to start my day by 8:00 AM. That is how I get so many steps so early.

Usually do another 4000 ish during the work day and then i walk 2 miles to the fartherest bus stop I can get to without actually missing the last bus out of the city. all together it is about 14,000 a day. give or take a 1000.

Ok, it is 1:24 PM EST and I am at 10324 -- try and catch me!!!!

Just an FYI, I get so many steps early because I walk 3 miles to my office in the morning. I ride a commuter bus into the city and get off early and walk the last 3 miles, this way I typically get at least 6000 before I start work.

See if I stayed on the bus, I wouldn't get to my office until about 6:40 and of course that leave no time to work out before my day starts. This way i get my workout in and arrive at the office at 7ish, then i shower (we have a gym in our office) and get ready to start my day by 8:00 AM. That is how I get so many steps so early.

Usually do another 4000 ish during the work day and then i walk 2 miles to the fartherest bus stop I can get to without actually missing the last bus out of the city. all together it is about 14,000 a day. give or take a 1000.

I sooo wish I could do that! I would love to walk to and from work. It's only 6 or 7 miles or so, but it is all highway so it isn't safe at all.

The better the pedometer is the less sensitive it will be and it will also be noiseless so you don't have the click, click. I did 11,000 steps yesterday and it is 8 AM EST and I am at 7153 already this morning. Let's see who can catch up the fastest.

Thanks for the info.. I will see if I can track one down, because I really am not good with repetitive sounds.

ok, I was wearing a dress yesterday and put pedometer on panties as per Mona. Went to the rest room at about 1:00, took it off and forgot to put it back on! Darn it!! Had 5357 steps on it when I took it off.

I am still on your tail Kimmy!! I think (depends on hubby), I am going on a 11 mile hike tomorrow!! I will catch you then!! I will, I will!! :girl_wacko:

Good steppin today ladies. :good3:

I just read this whole post for the first time. I love what yall are doing. What a positive way to support each other. I plan to go buy one. I might not be able to join the fight eveyday, but I would love to try. It will difinitly increase my current activity level. Can't wait to get one. Dawn

Hubby just confirmed that we are doing the 11 mile hike tomorrow, suppose to be really pretty ....I am hopefully walking like 25,000 steps tomorrow, Yah!!!

We are going to Mount San Jacinto State. It is in Palm Springs, California. You take this tram up the mountain to the trail head, then hike from there.

I am so excited!! Here are a few picture of where we are going:

SanJacinto5.jpg Summit SanJacinto6.jpg Mountain SanJacinto4.jpg Tram SanJacinto2.jpg Another one of the summit--no snow now.

I just read this whole post for the first time. I love what yall are doing. What a positive way to support each other. I plan to go buy one. I might not be able to join the fight eveyday, but I would love to try. It will difinitly increase my current activity level. Can't wait to get one. Dawn

Welcome Dawn!! Before this, I've never even thought about how many steps I take a day, it was amazing to learn that we average thousands!!!

Just a tip-- I bought my pedometer a few days ago, I really wish I got the one with the security string. Mine falls off several times a day and I am afraid that I will break or lose it.

WOW Lynzz those pics are gorgeous! Should be a great hike. Just think how great your lungs will feel now that your are smoke free too!!

I was a total couch/bed potatoe on 7/5, just watched movies now my mind and my body feels like MUSH!!! Not sure today will be much better because it is extremely humid out and they are calling for rain.

Oh well on Monday all will be back to normal and I will be stepping again.

Have a great hike Lynzz.

Kim

I find that mine is really accurate when I am out for a walk and not so accurate when I am just wearing it around the house so I have compensated by doubling it and making sure that I walk 20,000 steps a day and then even if it registered some when it shouldn't I know that I am well over 10,000. I am finding myself looking for excuses to walk so I can get my steps in and that is awesome for me.

WOW Lynzz those pics are gorgeous! Should be a great hike. Just think how great your lungs will feel now that your are smoke free too!!

I was a total couch/bed potatoe on 7/5, just watched movies now my mind and my body feels like MUSH!!! Not sure today will be much better because it is extremely humid out and they are calling for rain.

Oh well on Monday all will be back to normal and I will be stepping again.

Have a great hike Lynzz.

Kim

My lungs actually hurt after I got over 9500 elevation, not really high, but it really affected me. Took a while to catch my breath.

Sheesh, you know you will be totally kicking my butt all week.....but at least I gotcha today!! :rolleyes: