10,000 Steps

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's 10:40 EST and I just reached 3800 - whew. Today has been a LONG morning, so that's probably less than I could have gotten if I wasn't dragging myself around. These are the kinds of days I wish I drank coffee.

Forgot to put on pedometer yesterday. I need some kind of chip implanted in me so I don't forget, break or lose it....hehe.

Anyway, I am on it today. Will report steps tonight.

Have a good step day!!!

i told you gals i was going to buy one of those things this week. well i went to the store with my mom and i was trying to remember the name when she said"you mean a peter meter". i just started to laugh and said it might would help me loose weight if i worked on that a little more too. anyway at walmart today i bought my meter although it was not a peter meter. i told hubby he would have to keep trac. so you will start to see me post....about walking that is. dawn

i told you gals i was going to buy one of those things this week. well i went to the store with my mom and i was trying to remember the name when she said"you mean a peter meter". i just started to laugh and said it might would help me loose weight if i worked on that a little more too. anyway at walmart today i bought my meter although it was not a peter meter. i told hubby he would have to keep trac. so you will start to see me post....about walking that is. dawn

PETER METER? hahahahahahaha I love it!!! Good luck and get walking. 10,000 should be the minimum for the day, but that means every step throughout the whole day! So keep it on til you go to bed. I'm at 13,000 so far.

It is 9:48 PM and I am heading off to bed. I am at 13721 for the day. I hope you beat me Mona Camille!!!

Not sure if exercising before a fill is recommended, so I don't know if I will get all 10,000 steps in tomorrow or not. What the heck, I will just walk in the morning anyway. Walking won't swell me or stimulate me ( I don't think) It is only a pedometer, not a peter meter which could be a whole other story!

Night!

PS I think you should post reports on the progress of the peter meter too. Some of us could live through you vicariously that way!!

It is 9:48 PM and I am heading off to bed. I am at 13721 for the day. I hope you beat me Mona Camille!!!

Not sure if exercising before a fill is recommended, so I don't know if I will get all 10,000 steps in tomorrow or not. What the heck, I will just walk in the morning anyway. Walking won't swell me or stimulate me ( I don't think) It is only a pedometer, not a peter meter which could be a whole other story!

Night!

PS I think you should post reports on the progress of the peter meter too. Some of us could live through you vicariously that way!!

HAHAHAHA

Hey, good luck with your fill today!!! And post as soon as you get home!!

I ended the day at 17,001!!!! Right now at 9 am here I am at 5,441 so get moving!!!

Good Morning!

Great step day yesterday Mona Camille.

It is 9:22 AM and I am at 10,203 so far for today.

Ok, so here is the really good news... I went out to feed the parking meter and my car is gone. I am really hoping it was towed and not stolen. Why didn't I park in the GARAGE????

I may get more steps in than I planned if I have to walk far to get it.

Have a great day! Dang I hope this doesn't make me miss my fill!!!

Good Morning!

Great step day yesterday Mona Camille.

It is 9:22 AM and I am at 10,203 so far for today.

Ok, so here is the really good news... I went out to feed the parking meter and my car is gone. I am really hoping it was towed and not stolen. Why didn't I park in the GARAGE????

I may get more steps in than I planned if I have to walk far to get it.

Have a great day! Dang I hope this doesn't make me miss my fill!!!

OH MY GOD, 10,203 already?

OH MY GOD your car is missing and maybe stolen?

OH MY GOD you might miss your fill?

WOW, you are right, what a day!!

Good luck and stay positive and let us know what you find out!

Quick update, I am at 11,833 and it is just 11:00 AM....yay me!!

The car was not stolen (whew!!) it was "courtesy" moved because I parked where I shouldn't have during rush hour. This courtesy cost me $100!!

The best news, I won't miss my fill. The car has been retrieved and I am leaving at noon for my fill. YAYYYYY!!!

OMG, you guys are doing so great. Wow Mona, I am impressed. I ended the yesterday with 12327 steps.

Kimmy, I am so glad you got your car back. Good luck with your fill, let us know how it works out.

Thanks for all the well wishes!

It is 7:09 PM EST and I am at 14,098 steps for today. I am beat and going to bed!

Not sure I should post this here, but I am going to anyway. I had my first fill. She put 1.5 in. Now here is the kicker, she wants me on clear liquids for 5 days and then "mechanical" liquids for another 5 days. Mechanical = creamy soup stage.

I haven't seen anyone else have to go back to this. Guys, I just don't know if I can do it again, especially the clear liquids. I know I can't, I already stopped and had cream of crab soup (DELICOUS by the way) on the way home. I hadn't eaten since 7:00 PM last night and I was freaking starving, especially after all my stepping before noon today!

This ruined my whole dinner. This morning when I went out to my car the tomato fairy (ok it was just a neighbor) had visited and left a bag of fresh home grown tomatoes on my windshield. I was planning on eating fresh tomatoes for dinner, with home grown lettuce. How disappointing. I have sent the tomatoes back because I don't want them to go to waste as I get through these next 10 days.

I sent over my fresh lettuce too, and some bagged and some fruit. I had been stocking up on fresh, healthy stuff!

Ok, enough whining. Sorry bout that

Kim

Thanks for all the well wishes!

It is 7:09 PM EST and I am at 14,098 steps for today. I am beat and going to bed!

Not sure I should post this here, but I am going to anyway. I had my first fill. She put 1.5 in. Now here is the kicker, she wants me on clear liquids for 5 days and then "mechanical" liquids for another 5 days. Mechanical = creamy soup stage.

I haven't seen anyone else have to go back to this. Guys, I just don't know if I can do it again, especially the clear liquids. I know I can't, I already stopped and had cream of crab soup (DELICOUS by the way) on the way home. I hadn't eaten since 7:00 PM last night and I was freaking starving, especially after all my stepping before noon today!

This ruined my whole dinner. This morning when I went out to my car the tomato fairy (ok it was just a neighbor) had visited and left a bag of fresh home grown tomatoes on my windshield. I was planning on eating fresh tomatoes for dinner, with home grown lettuce. How disappointing. I have sent the tomatoes back because I don't want them to go to waste as I get through these next 10 days.

I sent over my fresh lettuce too, and some bagged and some fruit. I had been stocking up on fresh, healthy stuff!

Ok, enough whining. Sorry bout that

Kim

14,098 is fantastic!!!

5 days on clear liquids? Even the OCC only has you liquid for 3 days. You will be swollen, so you really do need to do the liquid for at least 3 days, but it can be any liquid, not necessarily clear. I wouldn't be happy about that either. Lets see what other have to say about it, but I almost want to say 3 days should be enough.

But, did you like her? Was the office easy to find? Did it hurt? Did she find your port easily?

Ramona,

The office was easy to find, right off 15.

She didn't have any trouble finding my port. It was not where I thought it would be at all and it was quite tender to her touch. She said often there will be air or fluid around the port, mine had fluid around it. She did not indicate it was an issue or problem.

My stomach is really misshapen around my incision and she said it is because I am still swollen and have quite a bit of fluid in there still. All this time I thought the bulge was the band. She told me the band is way towards the back and not in the front at all. I am glad about this, because it makes me think eventually the bulge will go away as the fluid moves/goes.

She cleaned the port area like 3 times with the benadine (spelling?).

She raved about how much she likes the way the "Mexicans" do the surgeries. Said they are very consistent and reliable about the port placement. She said that many times the American docs just put the port right under the incision whichs makes it difficult to do the fills because you have to go through so much scar tissue to get to the port.

I asked her about the results she sees with the band and she said for the most part it is good, but there are people who sabotage the band by drinking cake batter and shakes. She also talked about "flushing". I guess that is when you drink lots of water to make food pass through, especially if you have eaten large quantities.

That is about it.

Kim

so today was my first day with my peter meter...oh i meant pedometer. i did not do all that great i have to say. i only did 7932. i decided to steam clean my carpets today but my cleaner was broke so i went and got a new one from wal-mart. i came home and put it together than took an advil. i finally started the cleaning process. my carpets were in real bad shape with 2 kids and 2 dogs. i worked on it all day. i had planned to go for a walk but i was just bushed. my arm hurts from pushing that thing back and forth for hours. i should have put the meter on my arm. i am sure my arm did a marathon. maybe i will do better tomorrow ...but tonight my down stair carpets look great. i might give my arm a break before i do upstairs. on another note...these new carpet cleaners have such small water containers. i had to change it out every 5 minutes. i hope yall did better than me. dawn

Good Morning!! It is 9:40 AM and I am at 6211 so far.

Not sure I will do so good with my steps the next few days as I am back on liquids and not eating enough.

On another note...Dawn, don't be discouraged, getting 7900 steps on your first day with the pedometer is pretty darn good. It took me a while to figure out how much "extra" walking I had to do in addition to my routine daily activity to hit 10k steps. You will get there soon! Good Luck

Kim

i am so ticked!! i walked this morning and went to sam's wholesale and have done some more carpets. i looked at my meter earlier and it said 4000 and some change. i just looked at it again and it said 201 steps. i must of pressed something on it without knowing so i guess today is just a wash. has this happened to anyone else? this was going to be my BIG day.

i am so ticked!! i walked this morning and went to sam's wholesale and have done some more carpets. i looked at my meter earlier and it said 4000 and some change. i just looked at it again and it said 201 steps. i must of pressed something on it without knowing so i guess today is just a wash. has this happened to anyone else? this was going to be my BIG day.

It's not a wash dear, just add up the amount from the time it was 4000 and then whatever it says the rest of the day!

WOW Ramona!! 21,000+ steps! Totally AWESOME!!!

I got to 11,202 yesterday. So I was pretty happy.

I did not walk into the office today, so I will be struggling to hit 10k today. But since my fill I have not eaten. I am actually struggling with liquids, so I am going to do as the doc suggested and go to clear liquids until Sunday. Gosh I hope I can do it! Mostly drinking tea and water. Will make sure to drink Special K protein water today.

Yesterday I PBed soup (about 4 spoonfuls at lunch, and about 5 spoonfuls at dinner) and slimfast (about 4 swallows).

Good News is the scale has moved 2 lbs downward again and I am not hungry so I am still extremely motivated.

GET TO STEPPIN EVERYONE!!!

Kim