banded 07/01/08

Hi everyone!

I was banded on 07/01. I am feeling really good, just a little pain (like doing hundreds of situps) and the gas of course. All in all, it was a pretty easy surgery. I started my 'full' liquid diet today. What did you guys eat / drink? This morning I had 2 ounces of cream of wheat made with skim milk and for a snack I had a cup of isopure protein drink. I know creamy soups are on the list and pudding too, but how about applesauce? Any ideas are welcome. Also, what did you all do for this gas? My neck is hurting from it. So far, the only thing that helps is walking and a heating pad. Any other ideas?

At this point, I would do it again in a heartbeat. I am really up and ready for this new start in my life. I haven't weighed myself because I don't actually own a scale. I have had issues in the past with getting on it too often throughout the day. I know people tend to gain a little right after the surgery and I didn't want to let that get me down, so I decided to not buy a scale or weigh until my first follow up, that way I would be surprised by the change.

Thanks for being such a supportive group. I come to this site daily and it has truly been so helpful this last month leading up to my surgery. I was a wreck prior to the surgery. I am just glad that I did it at this point.

The toughest part is over!! Now, just take it a day at a time! Broths will grow old after a few days, but look toward the calendar for the soups date.

Congratulations on making THE decision that will help YOU help yourself. Keep us informed!

Hi everyone!

I was banded on 07/01. I am feeling really good, just a little pain (like doing hundreds of situps) and the gas of course. All in all, it was a pretty easy surgery. I started my 'full' liquid diet today. What did you guys eat / drink? This morning I had 2 ounces of cream of wheat made with skim milk and for a snack I had a cup of isopure protein drink. I know creamy soups are on the list and pudding too, but how about applesauce? Any ideas are welcome. Also, what did you all do for this gas? My neck is hurting from it. So far, the only thing that helps is walking and a heating pad. Any other ideas?

At this point, I would do it again in a heartbeat. I am really up and ready for this new start in my life. I haven't weighed myself because I don't actually own a scale. I have had issues in the past with getting on it too often throughout the day. I know people tend to gain a little right after the surgery and I didn't want to let that get me down, so I decided to not buy a scale or weigh until my first follow up, that way I would be surprised by the change.

Thanks for being such a supportive group. I come to this site daily and it has truly been so helpful this last month leading up to my surgery. I was a wreck prior to the surgery. I am just glad that I did it at this point.

Honey, if you were just banded 2 days ago, you need to be on clear liquids only, no cream of wheat, no milk and no protein drinks. CLear liquids only!! No pudding or applesauce. Were you banded by Dr. Ortiz? YOu are definitely going to hurt yourself and your band if you are not having just clear liquids.

Honey, if you were just banded 2 days ago, you need to be on clear liquids only, no cream of wheat, no milk and no protein drinks. CLear liquids only!! No pudding or applesauce. Were you banded by Dr. Ortiz? YOu are definitely going to hurt yourself and your band if you are not having just clear liquids.

Dr. Ortiz wasn't my surgeon. I had mine done at the Mayo Clinic. I just like this site so much and love to hang with you guys :) My surgeon let's us go to full liquids after 1-2 days on clear liquids. Then after 2-3 days on full liquids I can start mushies. I started slowly this morning with the cream of wheat (only 2 ounces with skim milk). I am doing clear again for 'lunch'. The 2 ounces from breakfast really stayed with me though which is good. I sent my husband to the GNC to get more Isopure clear drinks as that has helped a lot too. I think a lot of surgeons have different post op eating progression, so hopefully this will be ok. I think I will hold off on the applesauce for now, that is for sure. ><'

Welcome to the land of band! =D> Sounds like you are doing well. Follow your doctors orders. I liked the cream of tomato soup that is made by Pacific. It is in a carton, I found it in the soup section at the grocery store. There is a roasted pepper one that is good too. I also sipped on special K protien water throughout the day. And fudgecycles or sugar free popcycles were wonderful. Be careful though as some people have a hard time with cold things, I have not had that problem. Keep us posted on your progree. You are worth it as you log in states :)

Congrats on your band! Sounds like you are doing pretty good already.. I started creamy soups this morning too and so far I had a creamy chicken soup at hand for breakfast, and egg drop soup for lunch (just had the broth not the eggs) and 1/2 of a protein shake this morning too and I feel stuffed.. This morning after the soup I was kinda worried because I was actually able to drink the whole thing which is 10 oz. but I started drinking it after 7:30 and it took a good hour before I finished it... So I hope I didnt hurt anything.

Good luck!

:lb5: :lb10: :lb9: Glad to hear you're doing well!! Try to drink warm-room temp or hot drinks. Cold bothered me and gave me the shoulder & collar bone area pain. Try to sit up as straight as you can when sitting at the computer [or where ever.] Walk and sip is the best advice.... Take care!! Darlene

Dr. Ortiz wasn't my surgeon. I had mine done at the Mayo Clinic. I just like this site so much and love to hang with you guys :) My surgeon let's us go to full liquids after 1-2 days on clear liquids. Then after 2-3 days on full liquids I can start mushies. I started slowly this morning with the cream of wheat (only 2 ounces with skim milk). I am doing clear again for 'lunch'. The 2 ounces from breakfast really stayed with me though which is good. I sent my husband to the GNC to get more Isopure clear drinks as that has helped a lot too. I think a lot of surgeons have different post op eating progression, so hopefully this will be ok. I think I will hold off on the applesauce for now, that is for sure. ><'

Oh Good!! You had me scared there a bit! Just do whatever your rules are then. You made me hungry for applesauce though, and I don't have any. BooHoo.

Incidently, when I called you honey, I meant it in the most affectionate way, not sarcastic at all, ok? Just didn't want you to think I was being a smart-aleck. When I re-read it, it sounded kind of sarcastic.

YAY.. the hardest part is over, (although some people think the 21 days of liquids is the worst... lol..)

Welcome to band land.

Oh Good!! You had me scared there a bit! Just do whatever your rules are then. You made me hungry for applesauce though, and I don't have any. BooHoo.

Incidently, when I called you honey, I meant it in the most affectionate way, not sarcastic at all, ok? Just didn't want you to think I was being a smart-aleck. When I re-read it, it sounded kind of sarcastic.

No offense taken whatsoever! I am from the south and we call everyone honey down here. :)