SanDiego

I am going back for my first fill in August and want to stay in SanDiego afterwards a night or two and spend a day at SeaWorld....

Has anyone done this? And if so do you know of a clean, affordable hotel close to SeaWorld?

I am going back for my first fill in August and want to stay in SanDiego afterwards a night or two and spend a day at SeaWorld....

Has anyone done this? And if so do you know of a clean, affordable hotel close to SeaWorld?

Evette could probably help you, she lives in San Diego and is very knowledgable.

I was going to spend the day there when I flew in for my second fill, but it was going to be a 2 hour wait for a rental car so we ended up not staying. Wish I could have though.

When in August are you going? I might/MIGHT be going with my friend who is being banded on August 22nd. Haven't decided if I am going yet. She has her brother to go so it's not like she is going alone.

I'm going august 7 - august 11, I'm going to try to schedule my fill for the 8th.

If I were you, I would schedule my fill for the 11th, so you don't have to be on the liquid diet during the rest of your vacation.. just a thought...LOL

Erin,

My husband and I stayed a night here: http://www.oldtown-inn.com/ and it was very reasonable. Not fancy but clean and well located. They offer a free nice breakfast - homemade waffles - YUMMO and have an outdoor swimming pool. FROM THE WEBSITE:

Within walking distance of the Inn, you will find Historic Old Town, California's most poplular State Park, featuring restaurants, shops, museums, and artisans. Accross the street, at the Old Town Transit Station, you can take the trolley to downtown San Diego, the Convention Center, Qualcomm Stadium, world-class shopping, and the exciting city of Tijuana, Mexico. The Old Town Inn is just 2 1/2 miles from Sea World, and less than 3 miles from the San Diego Zoo, Balboa Park, Downtown, and miles of beautiful beaches and shopping.

What a great idea to add in some extra fun while getting a fill. Seaworld is but a distant memory for me as a child of about 11 when I visited with my family. I still remember Shamu the whale show and getting splashed when he did some tricks. I was so thrilled!! Have fun Erin!!

Erin,

My husband and I stayed a night here: http://www.oldtown-inn.com/ and it was very reasonable. Not fancy but clean and well located. They offer a free nice breakfast - homemade waffles - YUMMO and have an outdoor swimming pool. FROM THE WEBSITE:

Within walking distance of the Inn, you will find Historic Old Town, California's most poplular State Park, featuring restaurants, shops, museums, and artisans. Accross the street, at the Old Town Transit Station, you can take the trolley to downtown San Diego, the Convention Center, Qualcomm Stadium, world-class shopping, and the exciting city of Tijuana, Mexico. The Old Town Inn is just 2 1/2 miles from Sea World, and less than 3 miles from the San Diego Zoo, Balboa Park, Downtown, and miles of beautiful beaches and shopping.

I just looked at this hotel website and it looks really cute, and allows pets. My 2 pugs travel everywhere with me (accept Tijuana of course) It didn't list the price though. How much did you pay?

We stayed at the Catamran Resort and Spa, it was about 4 min from Sea World and 20min from downtown SD/the TJ border it's geat for kids they even have camps for them in the summers..

We got a rate of $100/night using priceline.com even though they don't list the hotel's name we chose the un-named property with a spa (it's the only spa/hotel in the small sea world area) and knew that was the property we were going to get!

Here's their website: http://www.catamaranresort.com/

I believe our rate was 70.00 for the night. I do not know about pets as I left mine at home :)

I just looked at this hotel website and it looks really cute, and allows pets. My 2 pugs travel everywhere with me (accept Tijuana of course) It didn't list the price though. How much did you pay?

We stayed one night in San Diego at the Holiday Inn right by the airport. We rented a car and went sightseeing. It is gorgeous there!

We stayed at the Catamran Resort and Spa, it was about 4 min from Sea World and 20min from downtown SD/the TJ border it's geat for kids they even have camps for them in the summers..

We got a rate of $100/night using priceline.com even though they don't list the hotel's name we chose the un-named property with a spa (it's the only spa/hotel in the small sea world area) and knew that was the property we were going to get!

That place looks wonderful!! But very pricey. I always go through hotwire, so maybe I will do this next time. Is it hard to get across the border in just any car? I know the line is longer.

Erin,

Thanks Dawnie! I'll check that one out!

That sounds good too Michelle! Thanks to all of you for your suggestions! I plan on having some FUN!!! LOL!

Erin, I would suggest getting your fill within the first or second day of your vacation, because if you do have problems, you can go right back without having to fly back and other unneccassary costs. I did that in June, we vacationed and although we were scheduled to fly out thursday, i got my fill on monday morning. dr. acosta was happy about that because you really get to make sure your fill is good. i know that being on the liquid phase may not be "fun", but I also know that flying back, sliming, or pbing or other problems is NOT fun either. It was more important for me to have a good fill which would allow me to have fun on my vacation, rather than waiting for the last minute and "hoping" all went well.

As for San Diego hotels, there are plenty of them with reasonable rates. Depending on your family size and comfort level you will probably be able to find something on expedia.com or priceline.com to meet your needs. Sea World is AWESOME in SD, when we went a few years back we were able to see Cirque de Soleile perform oceanside off the Pacific!! It was beautiful. Oh, if you're military there are discounts for you and family. Also, on Continental there is a 5% discount for "compassion fares" regarding hospice stay which the fill qualifies you and your family for.

Have fun:D