WASHINGTON BANDTERS

Hey all, I just had a fill down in olympia with Dr Neal. The office was really nice. They do it under floro but the price is $350. If anybody wants the info let me know. Chrissy

THAT'S GOOD TO KNOW EVERYTHING WENT WELL, THANKS CHRISSY

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I ask a couple of questions? I have decided to go to Dr. Neal if I can't get to Tijuana. But I am concerned that he might not give as much of a fill as I might need, but just a little, then tell me to come back. I have heard so many stories of people going for many fills with docs in the US. Did you get a substantial fill, not just a tiny bit? Was he trying to find that sweet spot on the first try, or did he think it would take several trys? I am very uncertain about where to go if I need a bigger fill. I just had my first one three days ago in Tijuana. It went great, and I haven't eaten solids yet (start today), so I don't know if I have much restriction, but I am guessing, since it is my first fill, that I will need more. And tickets for a trip to Tijuana, are just a lot right now and till Christmas. So that might be out of the question until January. Anyway, I am very curious how much you got. THanks for the info.

Becki

I was concerned with getting a too small of a fill also. They do use fluero, so I think that helps provide a better indicator of fill level than the blind method some other WA doc's use. This was my first fill on a VG band and I got 4.6 cc's, which is in the range I was expecting (see the VG band discussion). I would have questioned anything less than 4, and I could definitely see a pouch form. I don't know how tight they will go for on a first fill, but I expected it would take several in the VG band to get the right spot, and the nurse doing the fills was up front about that also. They will do a follow up fill within a week for less if you don't think you are right (unfills for free).

It was pretty convienient to get to and while I would have rather gone back to TJ, I didn't feel like I got slighted.

Roger

Can I ask a couple of questions? I have decided to go to Dr. Neal if I can't get to Tijuana. But I am concerned that he might not give as much of a fill as I might need, but just a little, then tell me to come back. I have heard so many stories of people going for many fills with docs in the US. Did you get a substantial fill, not just a tiny bit? Was he trying to find that sweet spot on the first try, or did he think it would take several trys? I am very uncertain about where to go if I need a bigger fill. I just had my first one three days ago in Tijuana. It went great, and I haven't eaten solids yet (start today), so I don't know if I have much restriction, but I am guessing, since it is my first fill, that I will need more. And tickets for a trip to Tijuana, are just a lot right now and till Christmas. So that might be out of the question until January. Anyway, I am very curious how much you got. THanks for the info.

Becki

Keep in mind with Dr. Neal if you need a re-adjustment with in 2 weeks then you only pay $150. If you went to TJ and needed a refill you have all the costs over again. If you have a VG band it is very common to need several fills not too far apart. I had 3.8 on my first fill but only .6 of it was still there on my second. As far as feeling if it were enough. In the office I could feel it get too tight and then they backed off a bit. My second fill was in the morning. They put the .6 back in and added 2.2. It's been 4 weeks and I think I may need another fill. However, I'm going to make the appointment in the afternoon to be as loose as possible.

Thank you so much. Everything you guys said was very, very helpful. I am glad to hear that they will readjust within a week or two for free. That makes me feel quite a bit better.

I do not have the VG band. I am hoping that it will only take 2-3 fills to get the right level. I am curious about something though, how soon after a fill do you know if you need more, or if it is not the right level. I had a fill last Tuesday, and it seems to be very good, but I know I might still be swollen and the band has not been primed, so I expect some of my 2.4cc to disapate.

Thanks for the help and advice.

Becki

Thank you so much. Everything you guys said was very, very helpful. I am glad to hear that they will readjust within a week or two for free. That makes me feel quite a bit better.

I do not have the VG band. I am hoping that it will only take 2-3 fills to get the right level. I am curious about something though, how soon after a fill do you know if you need more, or if it is not the right level. I had a fill last Tuesday, and it seems to be very good, but I know I might still be swollen and the band has not been primed, so I expect some of my 2.4cc to disapate.

Thanks for the help and advice.

Becki

HOWDY BECKI,

I'VE CALLED DR NEALS OFFICE MONTHS AGO, IF YOU NEED A REFILL WITHIN A WEEK OR TWO, IT'S NOT FREE, BUT IS LESS THE THE ORIGINAL PRICE YOU PAY

So Marc, how long did you wait for the 2nd? Was there no noticible restriction? I'm worried that if there was some fluid loss/leakage in the first fill as the band settles in, I should go in again for a re-adjustment this week just to make sure anyway. I'm not sure how common this really is. It might be worth the $150 for insurance.

Roger

Thanks Pam. I got it now. How are you doing, anyway? Do you seem to have good restriction? Are you losing? I've been curious how you were doing since our meeting.

Roger, thanks, I had the same question. I seem to have pretty good restriction, but I don't know if it will last, or how it leaves. I am anxious about it, but not too stressed.

Hope we can get some more feedback.

Becki

Thanks Pam. I got it now. How are you doing, anyway? Do you seem to have good restriction? Are you losing? I've been curious how you were doing since our meeting.

Roger, thanks, I had the same question. I seem to have pretty good restriction, but I don't know if it will last, or how it leaves. I am anxious about it, but not too stressed.

Hope we can get some more feedback.

Becki

HOWDY BECKI,

I JUST GOT IN FROM FILL NUMBER 2. I HAD 1.9 LEFT IN THE BAND THAT WAS FILLED TO 2.0 SO NOT TO BIG OF A LOSE. I THAN WENT TO 2.4 FOR ABOUT 10 - 15 MIN. AND IT WAS JUST TO TIGHT. I'M AT 2.2 NOW AND FEEL GREAT. I'LL SEE HOW IT GOES THIS WEEK TO SEE IF THIS IS GOOD OR WILL I HAVE TO RUN ON BACK OR JUST RUN UP NORTH? LOL HOW KNOWS, THIS BAND THING SEEMS TO BE FICKLE SOMETIMES. I HAVEN'T LOST BUT HAVEN'T GAINED, STILL NOT SMOKING, IT'S BEEN ALMOST 3 MONTHS NOW.

KEEP ME POSTED ON HOW YOUR DOING TOO :)

Hey WB's!

Remember me?

I'm not loosing weight much, but I'm loosing inches. Get this...I bought a pair of pants in a size....8! Ok so I'm sure they run big and the material is stretchy but it's been a LONG time since I was in a single digit size.

Also, I am getting my fat/skin measured with a caliper (?) thing by my nutrition/trainer guy and I've gone down each of the 2 times since I first went.

Food isn't agreeing with me much. I'm mostly on liquids and I eat like a bird. My metabolism must be at an all time low? It's amazing that I havent' made the scales drop. Not working out...I should. Not walking...I should. Who has time!!! UGH!

Congrads Pammie on the NO smoking. That is fantastic!

And it's so nice to hear that there is someone local that can fill us in!

Take care and have a great night.

Michele :)

Hey girls, I'm glad to hear how your are doing.

I am doing really well. I had my fill 2 1/2 weeks ago, and it seems to be pretty good, 2.4cc. I definitely could eat more than 1/3, but I am totally fine with 1/3 also. So I think I am pretty content. The weight is falling off, and I haven't been able to exercise much the last two weeks...kidney stones. (I am going in on Monday to have them broken up...finally!!!) I am very anxious to get back to some good exercise.

In the mean time, I am down 35 pounds, and I feel great. I just unpacked a big box or skinny clothes and many of them are starting to fit me, and probably will by Christmas or New Years. So I am very excited about that. I still haven't found anything much that I can't eat, but I have been stuck a few more times. And no PB's yet. I think this it the best thing that could have happened to me.

Glad to hear you are doing well. And can't believe.....size 8...I dont' care if they run big or stretchy or what....I would wear them inside out!!

Hope we can get together soon.

Becki

Hey everyone. I have been so busy. I went to Dr Neal and his office was great. I had been filled 1.8 in T.J. and when they did the floro I only had 1.2 so I was a little dissapointed. They filled me to 2.0 but it was way to much and I could not even keep liquids down. I went back and my stomach was so irritated that they took it all out I now only have my band in I will get to go back and refill in 2 weeks they are really busy. It was nice to get to eat some foods I missed again. I can't wait to get the fill again and start loosing more I was doing so good. Hope everyone is well. Chrissy

Hey all, I just had a fill down in olympia with Dr Neal. The office was really nice. They do it under floro but the price is $350. If anybody wants the info let me know. Chrissy

Please let me know how to get ahold of Dr. Neal. I need a second fill and I can't afford a trip to tj this close to christmas. I am so happy there is someone here in washington. Contact info would be much appericated. my email is tammy@interiordetails.net

Michelle...I'm so glad...that you are alive, not that you are pbing.

How is it going for you? Are you still with your trainer and how has that been going? Has it helped? Are you losing?

Just wondering about you yesterday, so glad you know you are still alive.

Becki

Hi fellow Great Northwesterners!

The Seattle Bash and Splash committee would like to formally invite you to the 2007 Seattle Bash and Splash!

February 16,17, and 18, 2007 Seattle Marriott Sea-Tac Airport

Please visit our website to sign up for our email list and to register!

http://barbooch2.homestead.com/SeattleBandsterSplash.html

The Bash executive committee has been working diligently to make this

a grand event.

This is a totally volunteer based, non-profit event put on by Bandsters for Bandsters. The success of the event is because volunteers come forward to help and contribute their time. The bash could now use several people to come

forward to help coordinate or help for any event. Sign up to volunteer on the website.

Here are some things to remember:

This year the event will be held at the SeaTac Marriott Hotel which

is located across from Sea-Tac airport, February 16-18, 2007.

On the website you'll see the deadlines for early bird discount registration and late registration. The hotels room rate is $99/nite for double

occupancy. You will need to tell the hotel that you are with the Bandster

Bash and Conference- the code is BAN or you will be charged a much

higher rate. The number to call for reservations is 1-800-721-7033.

You will be given a hotel confirmation number when making the

reservation. You will need to include this with your conference

registration form or you will be charged an extra fee. Like most big conferences, conference facility charges are offset by an obligation to have so many hotel rooms booked. Bandsters who book hotel rooms offset these fees.

Conference attendants who do not book hotel rooms will be

charged an extra fee if they do not stay in the hotel. So that is why

we need your hotel registration number which will be cross checked

with the Marriott hotel. Please note there is a deadline again this

year for both early registration and also to get this discounted

room rate. After these dates are passed (see registration form) the

hotel will charge you their regular hotel room rates.

In the next few days Bash activity coordinators will be posting information on the website about their parts of the event. Feel free to volunteer and ask about any info you may want to know by posting to this site.

On behalf of the 2007-Fifth annual Seattle Bash and Splash Executive Committee we welcome you to this wonderful annual event and hope to see you soon.

Joanne Godmintz

Seattle Bash and Splash Event Coordinator

********************************************************************************

If you have questions or want more information, feel free to E-mail me at LaceyKitN@comcast.net

Fellow Lapbander - Down 100 pounds - 2 Bandster babies Bornsince I've been banded--ready to work on the rest!

• 1 month later...

Well hello everyone. I just wanted to say that I too am going to have surgery with Dr. Ortiz. I am getting fairly nervous now, but I'm sure everything will be worth it....unless you all are lying through your teeth. :-? lol Anyways, I was wondering who everyone goes to for fills in Washington. I live in Bellingham, so the closer the better. I was planning on going back to TJ for my first fill because it's under flouro, and then seeing Kitty Carmichael, a Nurse Practitioner in Arlington for minor adjustments as she doesn't fill under flouro. I don't know. Maybe it is the fine tuning that is more important and I should go to TJ for that? Just let me know anyone knows of good Dr.'s out here or bad ones. I'd like to know a bit more about what I'm getting into. If anyone wants to check out her site, it's www.northwestfills.com . The cost is awesome, 1st visit including fill is $150, after that fills are $125. Unfills are free, and fills within 3-10 days of having a regular fill are only $50. That's the best price I've found so far, and she's the closest one to me. Sounds like a winner, but I'd love to know if anyone else has seen her, or heard things about her. Thanks to everyone! All these posts I've been reading have been really helpful.

Autumn_22

Many of the Washington people on this forum go to Dr Neal in Olympia. I've never been to him but I've heard good things. It's a bit of a haul from Bellingham but the thing to keep in mind is that he does his fills under flouroscopy, which means he can actually see exactly where your port is and how the newly filled band is effecting your stomach. This makes it much more likely to for you to get the right amount in one go and much less likely for there to be complications due to puncturing the tube or not finding your port at all. There is just no way I'm going to go through all the effort of getting banded only to have something go wrong under a blind fill because I wanted to save a few bucks.

The website for Dr Neal is http://www.pacsurgical.com/

Autumn and Annie,

Welcome. It is nice to see so many people from Washingon. I'm sure we will be planning a get together again soon, we met once before. I hope you will both be able to make it.

I don't know what to say about fills. I have heard great things about Dr. Neal in Olympia also. I will be having my second fill on the 16th, but I am going back to Tijuana. I was able to get a good deal on the plane ticket so it is actually cheaper than staying here and having a fill under fluoroscopy. I decided after quite a bit of research, to only have fills with fluoroscopy. I am completely broke so at first I was all for the cheapest method. But I really think that I might end up saving money, by having the doctor actually see what is going on, and it is less risky all around. I didn't go through all this to have it risked because I am cheap. Anyway, I am very hopeful that this second fill will be my last. I am willing to work with an imperfect fill amount with some diet and exercise, as long as it is close.

Good luck to both of you.

Becki