Lap Banders in Calgary

Hi there,

I'm linterested in finding other lap banders who also live in Calgary (Alberta, Canada) who might want to meet for coffee, every so often, for friendship and support. If you're interested in getting together, from time to time, I'd love to hear from you.

- Janet.

Hi Janet

There is actually a Calgary lapbanders support group. We get together once every month for dinner. The next get together

Is at the Sante Fe on Macleod at 5.30pm 25th of July.

The forum is on yahoo groups under calgarylapbanders.

Hope you can make it.

Nicolek

Hi Janet

There is actually a Calgary lapbanders support group. We get together once every month for dinner. The next get together

Is at the Sante Fe on Macleod at 5.30pm 25th of July.

The forum is on yahoo groups under calgarylapbanders.

Hope you can make it.

Nicolek

Alrighta! Thanks so much for letting me know about this. I'll definitely try to make that one! Thanks so much, again. You really made my week!!!!

- Janet

I am also in Calgary. I get banded on July 23rd at OCC. I would love to get together.

Hugs

Trudy

That is wonderful, Trudy! I'd like to meet up with you sometime. I'm going to try to make the Santa Fe get together on July 25th. I'll be thinking of you, then.

The OCC is a great place. Nice and clean, and the docs there are just great (and knowledgable) to talk to.

Congratulations on your decision to get banded, and I look forward to seeing you sometime soon.

- Janet.

P.S. I just found out today that there's a lap band support group that meets once a month down at the old Col. Betcher hospital. If you call the Calgary Diabetic and Cholesterol Clinic (I'm not sure what their phone number is) they can give you more details. It's covered under Alberta Health Care and maybe someday you might want to attend (if you're not already attending).

That is wonderful, Trudy! I'd like to meet up with you sometime. I'm going to try to make the Santa Fe get together on July 25th. I'll be thinking of you, then.

The OCC is a great place. Nice and clean, and the docs there are just great (and knowledgable) to talk to.

Congratulations on your decision to get banded, and I look forward to seeing you sometime soon.

- Janet.

P.S. I just found out today that there's a lap band support group that meets once a month down at the old Col. Betcher hospital. If you call the Calgary Diabetic and Cholesterol Clinic (I'm not sure what their phone number is) they can give you more details. It's covered under Alberta Health Care and maybe someday you might want to attend (if you're not already attending).

Thanks for the info Janet. I will have to check into the meetings.

Hugs

Trudy

• 11 months later...

Hello

I am from Calgary as well and would love to meet other lapbanders from this area. I know that the previous post in this discussion was from almost a year to the day ago but hopefully there will be some responses'. I was banded at the OCC on June 24 of this year.

Edited by Carrol

Dont forget to submit your suregery and travel cost to Alberta healthcare for some reimbursment. I got back $1800. Its called the out of counrty claim form - you can google it.

HI JNLEBEAN

HOPE TO SEE YOU ON FRI AT TONY ROMAS,

THANK YOU FOR INFO ON CLAIMING

TRACEY

Hello

I am from Calgary as well and would love to meet other lapbanders from this area. I know that the previous post in this discussion was from almost a year to the day ago but hopefully there will be some responses'. I was banded at the OCC on June 24 of this year.

HI CARROL

THERE IS A DINNER ON FRIDAY AT TONY ROMAS AT 5.30,ON MCCLEOD, THIS WILL BE MY FIRST TIME GOING

HOPE TO SEE YOU

Good Morning Jnlebean and Scaredtd

Thank you very much for the information about submitting my receipts and for the info on the dinner at Tony Roma's this Friday evening. I will make it a priorty in being there. Which Tony Roma's on Macloed is it? the one near Chinook Center or the one in Shaughnessy.

Looking forward to meeting you both.

Carrol