What about Bread????

abuchanan98

So I have heard some horror stories about bread causing bad gas pain. I am not to that stage yet but I do enjoy bread and when I get to the solid stage I sandwhich sounds pretty good. Does anyone have some advise or thoughts? <_<

I can only eat some bread, thin or really dry. It's easier when it's toasted. I tried a bite of a biscuit, and had to spit it right out. Way to thick and moist. I am trying to stay away from bread anyway. If you are craving a sandwich try it with a low carb tortilla and make a wrap. They are very good that way and less carbs. ;)

I can't do bread either and at first it was hard - it use to be one of my weaknesses - however I'm so over it now. I will eat the little wheat toasted bread crackers you get from trader Joes, they are minnie size - so I don't eat too much, toasted to crouton stage and 100% wheat so good for me.

I have been back on solid for a few days now and have tried bread twice. I LOVE bread and am now realizing that after you chew the bread down to where we need to chew it so it doesn't get stuck.....Bread no longer taste good to me! It really starts to get that yeasty flavor. I have not tried it toasted yet but I would imagine it still has the same taste.

After years of eating warm bread and butter as a snack and at restaurants, I don't think I'll be eating it anymore. :D

I can only eat some bread, thin or really dry. It's easier when it's toasted. I tried a bite of a biscuit, and had to spit it right out. Way to thick and moist. I am trying to stay away from bread anyway. If you are craving a sandwich try it with a low carb tortilla and make a wrap. They are very good that way and less carbs. ;)

YAY Jacque!!!!!!! You lost another pound and a half!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Thanks again everyone for your input. This forum is a god sent. It is so nice to have all you guys going thru the same thing I am. The support is just awesome. :D

Well, I love my warm rolls and butter. I think I even love them more than chocolate. I knew that most people couldn't tolerate bread after banding and fills, but I just had to try anyway, cuz I like to think I know it all.

Well, lets just say the results were so much pain that I will not be trying that again.

It is very hard to give up my favorite, but I think I'd rather be thin than eat bread, so thats the end of it for me. Although, I won't lie and say I am not very unhappy about it.

Bread is one of the "white carbs" I usually avoid. It has very little nutritional value and as a starch, turns to sugar almost immediately after you eat it. It is hard enough to get in the amount of protein and fiber I need each day, so why use up my calories with something that hurts and doesn't do anything positive for me? Yes, I nice buttery roll can be delicious, but as was said above, it isn't worth the pain and trouble. I used to love bread, but it just isn't worth eating much anymore.

Hi there,

So far I can tolerate multi-grain and toasted breads. I am trying to avoid bread as much as I can. I just love bread, especially white doughy bread with peanut butter, but that would be a death sentence right now.

I have my first fill this coming Wednesday, so we'll see how the bread goes down then????

Take care, Cathy

Bread is not my friend, however, corn tortilla chips go down waaay to easily!

Seriously, I don't eat bread anymore since my 2nd fill. Between 1st & 2nd fill I could eat it if I tried but now it just won't go down. No sandwiches, rolls, slices of bread, toast, muffins, cupcakes etc... although.. I DID manage to eat a piece of thin thin thin crust pizza.. chewed and chewed and it tasted sooo good. :) Stayed down, and it was a real treat.

I am a bread fanatic and now I cannot touch it. It will make me sick instantly. I guess that's a good thing! LOL