how much weight in the first month?

hey guys i just wanted to know about how much weight some of you lost in your first month...i have lost 15lbs from pre-op till today but since i have gone onto soft foods and this week regular foods i have not lost any weight :angry: I am worried and frustrated that this is not working!! now keep in mind i was banded here in san antonio at the true results center so i think my care and diet is a little different than those banded at the occ..i am just starting week 4, and though my clothes are fitting looser, the scale is not moving and that worries me.. I was told not to focus on weight loss the first month, to focus on healing but it just seems to me that the weight would be falling off and its not!! i was banded 6/23/08, i did clear liquids for the first week, liquid soups and pureed foods week 2. then last week soft foods and now starting regular foods..am i doing something wrong?

i lost 7 lbs in pre-op. 13 post-op. ive been gaining and losing the same 2-3 lbs for the last week. my one month anniversary was yesterday.

I lost 14 pre-op and since the surgery June 10th I've lost 11 have been at a stand still for 2 weeks. Not gained not lost any. But I've gone from a size 22 to an 18. so I'm happy.

hey guys i just wanted to know about how much weight some of you lost in your first month...i have lost 15lbs from pre-op till today but since i have gone onto soft foods and this week regular foods i have not lost any weight :angry: I am worried and frustrated that this is not working!! now keep in mind i was banded here in san antonio at the true results center so i think my care and diet is a little different than those banded at the occ..i am just starting week 4, and though my clothes are fitting looser, the scale is not moving and that worries me.. I was told not to focus on weight loss the first month, to focus on healing but it just seems to me that the weight would be falling off and its not!! i was banded 6/23/08, i did clear liquids for the first week, liquid soups and pureed foods week 2. then last week soft foods and now starting regular foods..am i doing something wrong?

I think you have done really well. When ever in your life have you been able to take off 15 pounds in a month? That is incredible. Remember, with the band we should only expect 1-2 pounds per week and the first month is a healing time not a time of losing. The losing is just a benefit! :)

Good luck with continued losing! I am sure you will succeed.

For me 17lbs in the first month (Feb28th-March28th) I lost 21lbs in 2 months on my own version of the pre-op diet

I think you are doing well and shouldn't focus on how you measure up to others, everyone's body is going to react differently and with such generic descriptions of what can be eaten during the various post op stages (milkshakes vs protein shakes during the liquid phase, pizza and burgers vs salads and grilled chicken during the solids phase) means that everyone is going to have a different amount of weight loss in that first month and beyond. All you can do is make the best choices for yourself and watch your body shrink at whatever rate it is comfortable doing...

With the band it's not a question of IF you'll lose the weight or not, it's a question of WHEN and we even though it's not a race we will ALL get to the finish line at some point!!

I wqas banded June 16, lost 7lbs pre-op and have lost 10 lbs as of today-almost a full month-the cool thing is, no one has noticed my weight loss, but I am being told how good and happy I look=yea! Maybe my self-esteem is returning! You can't weigh that!!!!

Janet

I totally agree with all the previous posts. You have done an amazing job. We all fluctuate. We all have those dreaded...PLATEAUS, aka BANDSTER HELL!! So if you know they will occur, plan for them and don't stress over this. I think 6-10 pounds a month after hitting the "sweet spot" with fills is the general range of weight loss I've seen.

Keep up the gret work!!