fills with fluoro

With fluoro they can check your band and see the saline go in. Without fluoro it is a blind fill.

I don't get fluoro, but I would love to!

They also have you drink water right after your fill, or this pink stuff, and watch it go through the band on the screen. They can tell if liquids are going through at a good pace, too fast or too slow. Then, they might give you more fill or take some out. Dr. Romero is great and Dr. Acosta too, they've done all my fills and unfills and can really tell on the screen where you're at.... I personally wouldn't get a fill without fluoro...

They also have you drink water right after your fill, or this pink stuff, and watch it go through the band on the screen. They can tell if liquids are going through at a good pace, too fast or too slow. Then, they might give you more fill or take some out. Dr. Romero is great and Dr. Acosta too, they've done all my fills and unfills and can really tell on the screen where you're at.... I personally wouldn't get a fill without fluoro...

I am new to the forum and just trying to feel my way around. Sorry if I am doing this wrong. But I just wanted to ask if Dr. Romero and Acosta work in the OCC?

I am new to the forum and just trying to feel my way around. Sorry if I am doing this wrong. But I just wanted to ask if Dr. Romero and Acosta work in the OCC?

Yes they both do still as far as I know. I was down in April and Dr. Romero did my fill again. Dr. Acosta was training to do fills about a year ago and "practiced" on me, and he was great too..... They are both young and funny and cute, too!

A fill with fluro is much safer, not only can they tell how tight or untight the band it, they can see the port and can stick the port on the first stick and not hit the tubing. It is the safest way to go.

Dr. So has done my last 2 fills, He is awesome!! and I must say, pretty damn cute too!

Also, I've heard different people say that they had fills without fluro and they were stuck 3 or 4 times before their port was found. I'm leary to get a fill without fluro. :blink:

Eek! That sounds pretty painful. I am not a patient of the OCC, but I was wondering because my dr. offers it both ways. I think insurance covers it for either way, so I think I will stick with the fluoro. I just wasn't sure why it mattered...

I have had it done both ways. 1st fill at OCC with Fluro and second without at Fill Center. There wasn't much difference for me. I could feel the liquid go down without the fluro and be the judge of how fast. The Dr. had no trouble finding my port without fluro and if they do stick the tubing the needles they use won't leave a hole. The ones they use at OCC won't either they told me. I forget what they call them but the have a special kind of needle that doesn't leave a hole.

the needles are a huber needle and just as a personal note i have not had a fill ever with flouro and am doing just great with adequate restriction. Not a necessity to have flouro. i do fills without flouro as well and usually don't have any problem finding or hitting the port and giving adequate restriction.

I just had my first fill on Monday through Fill Center USA in Florida. The center there gives Floro FREE. I think it's more of a personal choice and mine was must have Floro. I'm just so nervous that something will happen and I like the statisfaction of seeing the band and flow on the screen. From everyone that answered, congratulations on your success. =D> I was reading all of your stats, WOW!

I just had my first fill on Monday through Fill Center USA in Florida. The center there gives Floro FREE. I think it's more of a personal choice and mine was must have Floro. I'm just so nervous that something will happen and I like the statisfaction of seeing the band and flow on the screen. From everyone that answered, congratulations on your success. =D> I was reading all of your stats, WOW!

can you tell me what one gives free floro? I wonder how far it is for me.

I have had fills done both ways also. Although Darlene (fill centers USA - Moultrie/Roswell, GA) is excellent and accessed my port without fluoro on the first stick, there is some security there when drinking if you are watching it flow through. I am happy with both of my fills though!

I would love to have one done with flouro. I was totally freaked out during my fill about getting the tube punctured, and what was going on.

I'm a single mom, and $8,000 was a lot of money to me - that extra bit of reassurance would have been nice. But alas, he doesn't use it. I'm going to need to have one done under flouro just to ease my worried mind. Have I mentioned that I'm the paranoid type? Heh.