Question for the men

Hi to all the gentlemen lapbanders.

Did you have to have your stomach shaved prior to surgery????

My husband booked his surgery for August 15th and this was the only thing I couldn't help him with.

Nicolek

Nicole, Remember Lance that was with me? They only shaved him right around his incisions.

They are doing great! Lance has lost around 45 lbs. He is looking great! The other two women, my aunt and Christie are doing good too. They haven't lost as much as us, but they will get there.

Yep... I'm as hirsuite as we can get. They only area shaved was a small shape around the incisions. It itched a little as it grew back, but nothing that wasnt tolerable.

Hi to all the gentlemen lapbanders.

Did you have to have your stomach shaved prior to surgery????

My husband booked his surgery for August 15th and this was the only thing I couldn't help him with.

Nicolek

So there I was, lying on the gurney in the OR prep area, IV in my arm, WONDERFUL demerol flowing through my veins (I'd been a bit nervous as zero-hour approached, and my heartrate was 120 bpm, so they gave me "something to relax you," heh), and the nice male nurse came over with the buzzy razor. He got about two stripes on my belly when my surgeon happened by, and said "Oh, that's okay, you really don't need to do that."

Sooo, he didn't finish. Heh! I kinda wish he did... because as I was recovering, I came to realize that the pain I thought I was having from the incisions was actually just the surgical tape tugging on my belly hair! Once the bandages and surgical suture tape came off after day two of recovery, I realized my range of motion was actually considerably greater than I thought it was! Heh!