Plagued by Internet Trolls?!?

Ok, so unfortunately there is no troll-away but there are a few things you can do when trolls hit the forum.

1) Don't get into it with them. I really can't emphasize this enough. You are dealing with someone who is either a) mentally unbalanced, or B) just looking for a fight. Either way, arguing is only going to encourage them. Think of it like raccoons. If you leave food on your back porch, even just a little, they're going to keep coming back looking for more. Cut them off cold turkey and eventually they'll get bored and go bother your neighbor. Also keep in mind that if a post gets deleted, any posts which quote the original post will also get deleted.

2) See it? Report it! When you report a post or topic that report goes to all three moderators. Chances are one of us will check our messages soon. The moderators are the only people able to make a meaningful response to troll-ness by either deleting the post/topic or banning the user altogether. In the end, you really can't argue with the person whose finger is on the button.

One final note: Disagreeing with someone will not draw the ire of the moderators upon you. I for one love watching intelligent debate. Someone crosses the line into troll-ness when the attacks become personal or they are intentionally trying to upset people. Those are things I will not tolerate.

How do we report a troll?

If you look in the lower left hand corner of each post, there is a button labeled report. This will send all of the moderators an email about that post and give us a link to it so we can find it quickly.

I hearby officially promote you, and give you the title of:

Queen Fiona the First

(everybody knows it takes an ogre to kick the crap out of a troll)

I hearby officially promote you, and give you the title of:

Queen Fiona the First

(everybody knows it takes an ogre to kick the crap out of a troll)

I love it. That's going in my signature.

I'm going off topic, but I'm new, and just wanted to know what pb'ing & sliming refers too.I've been reading some of the post, and I see people refering to this quiet a few times!! I was banded June 12, 2008 in Augusta, Georgia by Dr. Bagnato. My first fill date is July 28, 2008. Thanks! :D

Kdag... here's a good explanation of it. Found it on another post on the forum..

When you slime, saliva builds in your mouth and you feel like you're going to throw up any second, until the burp comes, and the pressure is relieved. The slime is the build-up of the saliva. Sometimes when you PB, you do throw up a small amount, sometimes you just feel like you're going to until the burps come. Eating too fast causes them. Eating large bites that arent WELL chewed causes them. Some foods cause them.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest CaraMBA09

Okay Troll squasher...since you are a moderator, maybe you can answer a few questions....

I am assuming a troll is a negative person with nothing progressive to contribute (right?)

how do you get the weight ticker into your log in name?

how does my picture pop up? because it wont...

thanks for being the teacher...Cara

Okay Troll squasher...since you are a moderator, maybe you can answer a few questions....

I am assuming a troll is a negative person with nothing progressive to contribute (right?)

how do you get the weight ticker into your log in name?

how does my picture pop up? because it wont...

thanks for being the teacher...Cara

I've never done any of the weight tickers so I can't really help you there. If you use the search function of the forum there's been several topics about pictures.

I've never done any of the weight tickers so I can't really help you there. If you use the search function of the forum there's been several topics about pictures.

Here is the link for the weight loss ticker site:

http://www.tickerfactory.com/ezticker/ticker_designer.php

When you have created your ticker, copy the text for pasting it on bulletin boards and forums, and paste it into your signature (go into the My Controls section and create a signature if you have not already done so.)

I think there are more extensive instructions elsewhere under Forum Policies and Technical Help:

http://www.lapbandforum.com/index.php?showtopic=5317

:lb11:

Hope this helps.

Snowbird AKA The Queen Mother

Thank you for addressing this.

I did exacting as you directed yesterday when the troll re-surfaced.

Cathy

Cathy, thank you for sharing our success. I am getting banded on 9/12 and got a little nervous reading so many comments that people didn't lose the weight after banding. I want to live a different lifestyle and I appreciate you sharing your success.

Ok, so unfortunately there is no troll-away but there are a few things you can do when trolls hit the forum.

1) Don't get into it with them. I really can't emphasize this enough. You are dealing with someone who is either a) mentally unbalanced, or B) just looking for a fight. Either way, arguing is only going to encourage them. Think of it like raccoons. If you leave food on your back porch, even just a little, they're going to keep coming back looking for more. Cut them off cold turkey and eventually they'll get bored and go bother your neighbor. Also keep in mind that if a post gets deleted, any posts which quote the original post will also get deleted.

2) See it? Report it! When you report a post or topic that report goes to all three moderators. Chances are one of us will check our messages soon. The moderators are the only people able to make a meaningful response to troll-ness by either deleting the post/topic or banning the user altogether. In the end, you really can't argue with the person whose finger is on the button.

One final note: Disagreeing with someone will not draw the ire of the moderators upon you. I for one love watching intelligent debate. Someone crosses the line into troll-ness when the attacks become personal or they are intentionally trying to upset people. Those are things I will not tolerate.

bump!

I'd like to add one more thing,, If your getting private emails from other members that aren't very nice,, or harassing, or just plain mean and nasty,, please send them to the moderators via our private email. This type of harassment will not be tolerated either.

• 2 weeks later...
Here is the link for the weight loss ticker site:

http://www.tickerfactory.com/ezticker/ticker_designer.php

When you have created your ticker, copy the text for pasting it on bulletin boards and forums, and paste it into your signature (go into the My Controls section and create a signature if you have not already done so.)

I think there are more extensive instructions elsewhere under Forum Policies and Technical Help:

http://www.lapbandforum.com/index.php?showtopic=5317

:lb11:

Hope this helps.

Snowbird AKA The Queen Mother

thanks now i finally have a ticker. i didn't know how to do it b4.

• 3 months later...
bump!

I'd like to add one more thing,, If your getting private emails from other members that aren't very nice,, or harassing, or just plain mean and nasty,, please send them to the moderators via our private email. This type of harassment will not be tolerated either.

I just got a very disgusting email this morning from a member. I'd love to forward it on, but I log in from my BlackBerry and that makes it a bit more difficult.

Granted, I wasn't upset by the message (it actually provided entertainment this morning while out at breakfast with friends as we passed around my blackberry laughing at this person's ignorance) - I simply do not believe this type of thing should be allowed. Who the heck would call a stranger a "c*nt"?!? Trashy, trashy. Heh.

bump!

It's getting to the point where were getting tired of the nasty games some of the members like to play with other members. It's getting old hearing the same stuff over and over,, like the "she started it or they started it". It's like school yard stuff! I'm going to say this again,, "IF YOUR GETTING HARASSING PM's OR SEE POSTS AIMED AT YOU,,,, DO NOT RESPOND! Copy it and send it to the moderators. If this doesn't come to a halt,, were going to have to take the shotgun approach,, both party's will be banded,, guilty or not!

Guest CaraMBA09
It's getting to the point where were getting tired of the nasty games some of the members like to play with other members. It's getting old hearing the same stuff over and over,, like the "she started it or they started it". It's like school yard stuff! I'm going to say this again,, "IF YOUR GETTING HARASSING PM's OR SEE POSTS AIMED AT YOU,,,, DO NOT RESPOND! Copy it and send it to the moderators. If this doesn't come to a halt,, were going to have to take the shotgun approach,, both party's will be banded,, guilty or not!

I am glad the moderators will now finally stop this nonsense!

I also hope the moderators will stop snarky, bi**hy behavior and attacks being allowed PUBLIC.

this will stop both parties taking it further.