Hi everyone! I had my surgery on Monday, July 14th. Thursday, I woke up with laryngitis. My voice gets stronger during the day, but then I wake up with it again each morning. Also, I can't stop coughing, and I'm nervous that I will dislodge the band. I tried liquid tylenol last night, but soon after taking it, I felt very warm and clammy and got diarrhea.

I obviously have some type of flu....can I take over the counter cough medicine? I am worried about going to my regular doctor, because I didn't discuss the procedure with him beforehand. If I need an antibiotic, how will they give it to me? I'm assuming I can't take pills?

Help!

Thanks!

Sharon

Your band is wide open, though there is some swelling. You can take pills.

Your doctor, or any doctor (seeing that you'll probably need to head to Urgent Care on Saturday) will treat an infection or illness just like they'd treat any infection or any illness.

Having a band or getting treatment in Mexico are both unrelated.

Sorry you are ill. Yes you can take OTC meds or any RX they prescribe to you. Just get liquuid or crush the pills or open the capsules and mix it with some liquid yogurt to take. Yes even though it's only day 5, to take meds this way at this point is reasonable.

Dr. Martinez told me to crush my pills. He had me on antibiotics for two weeks and instructions were to crush them. Also said if I was going to take a pain reliever, it needed to be liquid or crushed. So be careful with pills.

Dr. Martinez told me to crush my pills. He had me on antibiotics for two weeks and instructions were to crush them. Also said if I was going to take a pain reliever, it needed to be liquid or crushed. So be careful with pills.

That is a concern for me too. I take about 6 pills per night and I guess I would need to break them up. I told OCC about what I take and they still scheduled me the band surgery anyhow, so it must not be an issue. I usually take them all together and then I take 5 fiber capsules, I guess those will have to go. But the Zoloft I take and the Topamax, will have to stay and I will just break them up. I bet it is going to be nasty, ug. What does everyone use for fiber? I must have my fiber daily.

That is a concern for me too. I take about 6 pills per night and I guess I would need to break them up. I told OCC about what I take and they still scheduled me the band surgery anyhow, so it must not be an issue. I usually take them all together and then I take 5 fiber capsules, I guess those will have to go. But the Zoloft I take and the Topamax, will have to stay and I will just break them up. I bet it is going to be nasty, ug. What does everyone use for fiber? I must have my fiber daily.

Stormy,

Have you tried FiberSure or Benefiber? It's in a small jug and mixes in water. That's what I use. I used to take the Metamucil capsules and for me, I absolutely cannot take those now!! I've only used FiberSure but I was going to try Benefiber when I run out.......

I use the chewable Wild Berry Benefiber tablets with Calcium, you just chew away until there's nothing left. Three in the a.m. and three in the p.m. and no problems going to the bathroom. If I didn't take them it would be days and days before I went and lets face it, we all feel a little lighter after we go - Oh Lord, here we go with the poopy talk again! :stinker: :girl_haha:

Alot of really good fiber supplements come in powder or capsules. Just opt for the powder and mix it with juice or something. Some good ones are Perfect 7 which comes in both forms and Colonix Intestinal Cleanser which is also Psyllium (sp) one of the better fibers. Benefiber is a so so supplement as are most of the others you will find in grocery stores or Walmart.