What do you miss more than anything?

I miss bread alot, but I absolutely loved my Coke. I miss Coke, Dr. Pepper, and Root Beer. I shudder at the thought of drinking one of those high calorie, pure sugar drinks now..but I dang sure miss them! Especially a fountain Dr. Pepper from McDonalds....oh somebody help me! LOL

:sorry: Can't help you - I'm sitting in the exact same boat :friends:

What would I do for a nice fresh, warm French Baguette bread with all kinds of stuff on it and a ice cold Coke Zero :girl_crazy:

Buuuut ... we are strong, we an do this ;)

BEER BEER AND MORE BEER...

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

The only thing I've had trouble eating so far has been chicken - and that's because I didn't chew it properly, and ate too fast. So there's not much for me to miss.

I used to drink Diet Coke ALL the time - but I gave it up when I started the pre-op and didn't miss it, so it was obviously just a mindless habit and not something I particularly loved. Good thing!

Oh wait! I know something I miss! BOOZE!!! I can drink it, but I'm so mindful of calories now, I have only had 2 or 3 drinks in 4 months. I want my cocktails!!! Boo hoo. :lb12:

I miss my bread and french fries!!!! I try them every so often, but usually end up in the bathroom! Sometimes my cravings get the best of me.

I miss chinese food so much! While I was pregnant (and obviously totally unfilled, boy was that fun!!) I had GOOD chinese food about once a week. And I miss salad bars alot too. Lettuce is just too hard, and I like a packed salad with big chunky things, I haven't even tried, I know it would be pointless!

GARLIC, CHEESE BREAD!!! :(( :(( :((

The thing I miss the most is not food. Strange I know, but I miss drinking while I eat. I do not care if it is tea or water or something else. I always got most of my fluid in while I ate. Now I struggle to get in fluid. I do not drink near enough and always feel thirsty while I eat. I miss that most. The food I feel like I can have anything in moderation but drinking while you eat is a big NO NO.

Ooh, Ooh, Ooh and fresh glazed donuts!!!!

Oh boy. You made me remember. The Eggs Florentine Breakfast English Muffin thingy at Starbucks.

Remembering MamaMichelle's link and the sticker calorie shock, I looked it up.

It isn't evil! :lb21: At 380 calories, it's many, but my daughter will happily gobble up half. 190 calories!!! Better do that one before first fill. It might not go down afterwards.

I am trying to give up refined sugars. Occasionally I will have a Weight Watchers ice cream or something made with Splenda. Since my fill, I can't eat much and feel like I need to make every bite count.

I haven't had a fill yet, so most food still goes down at this point. This will hopefully change on Monday (my first fill). I would have to say I miss diet coke and drinking anything with my meals. I'm with Mona-Camille on this one too!

Denise

I miss going to my favorite Chinese food place in town. Now, they're not like regular Chinese places, they actually do have a lot of healthy options - I just don't trust myself to go in and make them! I'd be too tempted by all my old favorites, like the lo mein and beef and broccoli and egg rolls.

Since I am relatively new to this band, after my first fill a week ago I am just having a hard time. I am sort of "mourning" the loss of all the food I used to be able to eat....anything and everything nothing really specific. I eat a bite or 2 of something and then feel that terrible pain in my chest that stops me cold. But I am so wanting to eat more in my head. I know I need to retrain the way I think about eating and I really don't want to be fat forever. I really don't want to eat the amounts I used to either really. I guess it's more of the emotional eater in me being put to death. Which is a good thing in reality. I just miss enjoying my cooking with my husband. He also misses my cooking as I just don't do it much anymore. Not just because of the band but I also work swing shift and am not home at his dinner time. We both are making sacrifices for my weight loss.

Man! I wish that i missed more than i do! haha I can still eat anything....i wish that i missed bread! However, i miss drinking while i eat.....ad when i first started this I really missed over eating, but I am so happy with my band! Its benefits really outweigh the few cons!

I eat a bite or 2 of something and then feel that terrible pain in my chest that stops me cold. But I am so wanting to eat more in my head.

That's where I'm at right now. I feel pain, not fullness... and after 2 bites, I don't feel like I've eaten enough and try to force down a couple more - and then pay for it!

This band thing is HARD! LOL!