can't believe this is happening

Hi everyone. I'm new. I have my date--Sept 11. Just want confirmation from all of you who have travelled this road before me that if I follow the rules I will not physically feel much different than I feel now. I'm referring to gas, burping, diarrhea, vomiting, PBing...all of those nice bodily functions that can be very embarrassing. :o Right now this is my biggest concern. I'd appreciate thoughts on your experiences. Thanks.

Hi

After surgery you may have gas pains due to the gas they pump your stomach with.

You may experience diarrhea as you will only be drinking liquids.

Vomiting and PBing is something everyone will experience once even if you are following the rules. Sometimes a bite will just get stuck!

It maybe overwhelming right now ,but all these things are managable and only happen for short times.

Hope this helps Nicolek.

My burps got much quieter, much to my dismay! I am no longer the belching queen! Now, as for the other end, forget it! I think that my new title now, FART QUEEN! And hey, farting is funny, so don't worry, just laugh! Besides, here on the board we LIKE to talk about gas and pooping too!

Hi there, I was banded on June 10th, and yes gas is an issue, but it's not a big deal. I have never had a problem at work. I find after I eat I am more gassy than usual and just go to the bathroom to explode!!LOL!!

PBing occurs if you eat too fast, too much or do not chew really really well. It can also happen if your fill is too tight. It can happen, so far I haven't. Some people haven't, some have. Everyone is different.

Good Luck with your surgery, it's a lifestyle change you'll be happy you made!

I have been banded for 3 months now and have 3 fills to the point that I am at or very close to my sweet spot. I hiccup if I eat past full but I very seldom burp at all. I have gas no more or no less than before surgery. Just like before surgery it depends upon what I eat. As far as Pbing. I have only done it a couple of times and you learn pretty quickly what to stay away from. Now particularly with my tighter fill, I have to eat very slowly and chew very well. I even have to drink very slowly but actually that is way better for us. Overall I feel, look and my body behaves much better now.

When I am going to be anywhere that there will be people that I know or might know, I take gas-x. It really does help with the "southern" gas. I also find that I belch less when I follow the eating rules very carefully. Overeating? In addition to the pain and pb, i burp for the next several hours.

Otherwise, if I go to the grocery store and have a gas problem, I just squeeze my butt cheeks together so it is VERY quiet and slow, then I get out of that aisle as fast as possible!!

<Shrug> What's a girl to do?

I don't think I fart any more than I used to, but I do PB or slime pretty often, but it is usually from "pushing the limits" by taking too large a bite or eating too fast or the wrong things....I would rather be the way I am now than the way I was. I was miserable being fat and I am slowly coming out of my shell now. I never used to belch, but I do that now more than before, but they aren't the huge loud things, just little "Hiccups", usually from trying to hurry through a meal. I just can't do that now. The only other thing that I have noticed that can be a potential problem is Constipation. I have to take a metamucil capsule every day to keep regular and when I get backed up things get a little gassy. LOL!

When I am going to be anywhere that there will be people that I know or might know, I take gas-x. It really does help with the "southern" gas. I also find that I belch less when I follow the eating rules very carefully. Overeating? In addition to the pain and pb, i burp for the next several hours.

Otherwise, if I go to the grocery store and have a gas problem, I just squeeze my butt cheeks together so it is VERY quiet and slow, then I get out of that aisle as fast as possible!!

me too LOL

Paula, you crack me up! We've all been there and done that, but you are so funny for actually putting it out there for us to read! I love your honesty!

Denise

• 1 month later...

Okay, here we go again with the pooping, farting, burping and barfing - hey, that rhymes!

The subject always get some great laughs out of me - I guess that's better than gas - hey, that sort of rhymes too!

I'm almost four months post banding and I really think I'm the same in the pooping, farting (farting probably should have been first) and burping mode I was in pre-banding.

As far as pbing and sliming, yeah, I've done it a couple of times, but this is up to you to avoid. Small bites and chew, chew, chew.

I will ditto what everyone else said, it's well worth the "bodily functions".

Guest CaraMBA09
Hi everyone. I'm new. I have my date--Sept 11. Just want confirmation from all of you who have travelled this road before me that if I follow the rules I will not physically feel much different than I feel now. I'm referring to gas, burping, diarrhea, vomiting, PBing...all of those nice bodily functions that can be very embarrassing. :o Right now this is my biggest concern. I'd appreciate thoughts on your experiences. Thanks.

SimpleeRed

Get Dr. O's book!! I got it through Amazon! I have read it front to back and am bringing it with me, I may see you there, I arrive on the 14th

C

Guest CaraMBA09
My burps got much quieter, much to my dismay! I am no longer the belching queen! Now, as for the other end, forget it! I think that my new title now, FART QUEEN! And hey, farting is funny, so don't worry, just laugh! Besides, here on the board we LIKE to talk about gas and pooping too!

LOL

NEVER on a Friday night would I laugh so hard about Farts and Burps...thanks for sharing girlie-girls.... :P