Well, FINALLY

PTL! I couldn't seem to move below 244 for the longest time, (especially since I was away from home at my mom and brother's house for 9 of the last 12 weeks,) and I am so thrilled to finally reach 50 pounds lost. In fact, I jumped from 237 to 234 in two days. Now, if I can just get to feeling well enough to go back to the Y for water aerobics, I will be doing both of my objectives for my health.

My original plan was to count every 10 percent lost as my goal, but I forgot to do it. Those goals would have been:

286 minus 28.6 equals 257.4

257.4 minus 25.7 equals 231.7. I will reach that second goal very soon! :yahoo:

The next landmark after that one will be 231.7 minus 23.2 (rounded) equals 208.

I am so grateful for the support this group offers. Thank you all!

The weird goal numbers are 10% of my weight each time. So, when I started at 286, my goal was to lose 28.6 pounds. :)

PTL! I couldn't seem to move below 244 for the longest time, (especially since I was away from home at my mom and brother's house for 9 of the last 12 weeks,) and I am so thrilled to finally reach 50 pounds lost. In fact, I jumped from 237 to 234 in two days. Now, if I can just get to feeling well enough to go back to the Y for water aerobics, I will be doing both of my objectives for my health.

My original plan was to count every 10 percent lost as my goal, but I forgot to do it. Those goals would have been:

286 minus 28.6 equals 257.4

257.4 minus 25.7 equals 231.7. I will reach that second goal very soon! :yahoo:

The next landmark after that one will be 231.7 minus 23.2 (rounded) equals 208.

I am so grateful for the support this group offers. Thank you all!

Great job, Paula!

I am waiting with baited breath to get to the 50 lbs lost mark. I am at 47 right now; I was weighed in "officially" at my post op follow up on Thursday. I go back to work on Monday and I am hoping by the middle of the week I can be at the 50 lb's although, I know that is pretty aggressive for me. A girl can dream though, right? My dr. told me I could start swimming again too which made me really happy because I think I burn so many more calories swimming than walking. I am up to walking / running 3 miles in 50 minutes which makes me really happy. I too go to the Y, every day, and without it I don't think I would be doing as well as I have. I have a goal of getting under 200 lbs by September 20th. My husband and I are going to the Grand Canyon and touring Utah and parts of Arizona for 2 weeks. I am looking forward to the trip, but I hope to be under 200 because it will have been since our honeymoon that I have been that "low". ;)

Again, congratulations!

Oh Paula, that's wonderful. I know what you mean to be stuck seems like an eternity before a change. YOu start to question everything you've done and what you've eaten and how active you've been and on and on....again keep it up and thanks for sharing!

Renee J

Thank you all so very much...it is fun to celebrate with my friends here!