Update

I wanted to update everyone on my drama. Gosh, I've only been here a short time and ya'all know more about my life than some of my real life friends do...lol

Everything has calmed down and all is well. My husband and I talked after he wrote me a long letter and it was as a lot of you said...he was afraid and worried. Even tonight he was asking questions that led me to believe that he's still worried. But, he wants to go with me and I made our airline reservations tonight. So...no stopping me now! :D The only slight glitch is that I had to put my surgery back 2 weeks because we have to order his birth certificate from Wyoming. Other than that, all is well. I will have my surgery on August 29th now instead of the 15th. It will sure be hard to wait those extra 2 weeks, but, in the grand scheme of things, I guess I will survive...;)

I wanted to thank all of you who wrote me privately, and those who commented on the thread here. I honestly can't tell you all how much it means to me and how much your strength helped me get through those couple of days. I read the posts every day, and you are all one helluva support group!!!

So, now I will probably be back to asking silly questions about my surgery since I'm still pretty scared.

Thanks again for everything and let me know if there is someone out there lurking who is having surgery on the 29th! :P

Oh Vix, I am so happy it worked out for you..see he's not such a bad guy...he just loves and worries about you.

I am so glad that he is being supportive and is going to be there for you at the OCC for surgery. Two weeks is not that long from your original date, it will fly by in no time.

I cannot tell you how relieved I am that it's all working out for you...it's happening!!! =D> =D>

All the best and let us know how everything goes!

Again, if you need anything, we're here!

(((HUGS)))

Yippee - that's awesome - Congratulations!!!! :yahoo:

It seems a lot of our significant others didn't embrace the idea of us getting this surgery. I know mine didn't at first, but he came around and now he's my biggest supporter and I'm sure your husband will be also.

Way to go, Vix - very cool!!!

Vix, I too had to change my surgery date once it was made. My husband wouldn't let me go alone so I had to postpone it 3 weeks until my sister could go with me. I had to pay for her ticket too and I know I would have done fine by myself. The time really did fly by though and I am already 9 days post op. I used the extra time to incorporate some of the different ways of eating once the band was in place. For instance, I gave up soda. I could drink 24 oz easily with my meals but I stopped completely because you aren't supposed to drink with your meals with the band. I was able to leave the dinner table earlier than usual thinking that soon I would be on only liquids and to have as much as I did was OK. This will also give you time to have mini talks with your hubby about little things that may concern him. Share some of the stuff you read on here. Congratulations on your break thru with hubby. We wish you all the best and we know you will do great!

:lb10: :give_rose:

I am so happy for you. He came around and saw the light, excellent. I hope you wont have anymore delays. I can't wait to hear about your experience with the surgery. I am really glad that my husband is going with me. I think that will be better for you too. Take care and let us know how things are going. Oh and tell him I wont be coming there to beat him up now. HA!

Vix,

I was super excited to see your message this morning! It really means so much to have support from your closest support person! We all look forward to taking this journey along with you and if you need to ask "silly" questions....go right ahead...we've all done it and will continue to do it! That's what makes this forum so fun!

Have a great day, and I really am happy for you!

Denise

I'm so relieved to hear that everything went okay with you husband. It is important to have him as a support system, I've joked before that my husband is like the band police for me. He watches what I eat and how I eat more than even I do and he is always watching out for my best interest...He was not always supportive of this though but he understands that it was something I needed to do for me and once he saw the OCC and met Dr. Ortiz he felt much better and is actually going back with me again for my fill.

I'm sure you husband will be the same, once he meets the staff at OCC, especially Dr. Ortiz, he will come around fully.

Have a great band journey! :D

I have been very busy this past couple weeks and just about to catch up on all the posts ....

Anyways, I'm so happy for you that it turned out the way it did :D

For postponing your surgery date - look at it as a little more time to do the pre-op-diet :ph34r:

Good luck to you sweetie !!!

I wanted to update everyone on my drama. Gosh, I've only been here a short time and ya'all know more about my life than some of my real life friends do...lol

Everything has calmed down and all is well. My husband and I talked after he wrote me a long letter and it was as a lot of you said...he was afraid and worried. Even tonight he was asking questions that led me to believe that he's still worried. But, he wants to go with me and I made our airline reservations tonight. So...no stopping me now! :D The only slight glitch is that I had to put my surgery back 2 weeks because we have to order his birth certificate from Wyoming. Other than that, all is well. I will have my surgery on August 29th now instead of the 15th. It will sure be hard to wait those extra 2 weeks, but, in the grand scheme of things, I guess I will survive... ;)

I wanted to thank all of you who wrote me privately, and those who commented on the thread here. I honestly can't tell you all how much it means to me and how much your strength helped me get through those couple of days. I read the posts every day, and you are all one helluva support group!!!

So, now I will probably be back to asking silly questions about my surgery since I'm still pretty scared.

Thanks again for everything and let me know if there is someone out there lurking who is having surgery on the 29th! :P

OHHHH my goodness. Vix, my surgery is for August 29th as well. So I am going to get to meet you. I am soooooo excited. I have been pulling for you and hoping that things will go well. So getting to see you at the OCC is just extra exciting. I can't wait to meet you and I am thrilled that things are turning out good for you.

Jessica