Not Losing

Well it has been 3 months since my surgery and I am not losing any weight. In fact I even bought a bigger size in pants to be more comfortable, size 14. My scale broke so I am not sure exactly how much I weigh, but kind of scared to even weigh myself. I had a fill done on 7/4/08 go back for my 2nd fill on 8/16/08. I do have restriction, I don't eat half of what I use to. I put protein and vitamins into my diet which I have never done before. Started working out again 3-4 times a week. I guess I am destined to be FAT. Just I wish I didn't spend $8000 to find that out! Very discouraged and feel like a failure!

have you tried keeping track of your calorie intake? i lost very slowly in the beginning because even though i was eating less than before it was still enough to make me maintain my wt instead of lose wt. try staying around 1200 calories for a week or so and see if that helps. hang in there - it will work - even if its only 1 lb a wk that is still 50 lbs a year thats 50 lbs you will never see again.

kim

At this point, I'm quite a bit like you -- except that while I'm in the stadium of "restriction" I'm not on the playing field yet.

I've dropped 8 pounds in just about 8 weeks -- all in the first three weeks. None since solids. Didn't gain any back, but...

If the next fill doesn't do what I think it will, then the next thing I'll do is head to my Dr.'s office for a full health work up. I'll ask specifically about metabolism and thyroid functioning.

I'm thrilled for you all watching your successes. I just want to move on that road with you!

Unless there is a medical reason i.e. hormones, thyroid etc.. it has to be portion control and caloric intake. Try keeping a food journal and take a really good hard look at the portions you are eating.

Try fitday.com it has great tools to help you journal your foods and your activities so you can make sure you are burning more calories than you are taking in. If you find that you are consuming less than 1200 calories daily, try bumping up to 1100-1200 daily and see if that helps, not eating enough can also slow down the weight loss.

At this point, I'm quite a bit like you -- except that while I'm in the stadium of "restriction" I'm not on the playing field yet.

I've dropped 8 pounds in just about 8 weeks -- all in the first three weeks. None since solids. Didn't gain any back, but...

If the next fill doesn't do what I think it will, then the next thing I'll do is head to my Dr.'s office for a full health work up. I'll ask specifically about metabolism and thyroid functioning.

I'm thrilled for you all watching your successes. I just want to move on that road with you!

Yeah I am thinking I am going to talk with Dr. Miranda while I am there about a diet plan. I am not sure what else to do. All I know is that when I was doing Jenny Craig I was down to 162 in 2 months. And I am eating less now and yes I do keep track of what I am eating. Also drinking plenty of water. I am so thrilled for everyone who is losing, MamaMichelle just hit her 70 pounds, but yet wonder why I cant have the same success?

It's funny you should ask this squestion. I just got off the phone with Dr. Descoteaux here in Calgary. The secretary told me she has lost 130lbs. She mentioned plateaus. This does happen, just stick to plan and you will see a loss soon. Make sure you are dringking 2 litres of water a day. This is vital in weight loss. If you are not getting the water in you probably will not see much if any loss.

After loosing a bunch of weight the body needs time to play catch up and get used to the fast changes it has gone through. Be patient my dear it will happen.

Also, you could call Dr. Miranda and talk to her, she may have something up her sleeve for you to try.

Hugs

Trudy

Don't give up, Jacque! That weight will start coming off. Sometimes when I go weeks without losing I start to panic, but then I remember the band is here for life! I don't have to lose it all right away. I have the rest of my life to work on it and it WILL come off. Stay strong!

It happens, just don't get discouraged!!

One important note is that our mental attitude really affects our weight loss or gain, there are some studies happening right now to support this.

I really never ate over 1200 calories a day, I couldn’t – but would supplement with protein and vitamins. I often hit plateaus, you just learn to live with them – its your body adjusting. You are doing everything right – do track your food if you aren’t just to make sure you aren’t getting in more than you should (or way to less) and I’m sure that Dr. Miranda will have some great suggestions.

Focus on how great you are doing and give yourself a pat on the back!! And start really thinking positive thoughts, don’t get down on yourself – unfortunately this may cause the hold on your weight loss. I had to really learn how to do this, and it has benefited me in so many ways!

Take care!

Lisa

Hang in there Jacque. I'm sure it is discouraging. If I were you I would weigh my self because you may be pleasantly surprised. Also I have found over the course of my many ups and downs in weight loss that I always gained when I didn't weigh myself. I realize that isn't the case for everyone but for me the scale helps keep me accountable. I think you may also need more restriction. I literally can only eat 1/4 to 1/2 cup at a time and that has to not include any difficult foods for me like bread, pasta, fruit or veggies with skin or any fibrous content to speak of. If I eat the hard foods I will stick on the first bite and then I can't eat anything until the next meal if I have a PB incident. I can however drink with no issues so I know that I am not over restricted.

:mellow: SORRY TO HEAR THING ARE NOT GOING WELL FOR YOU..IF YOU ARE NOT TAKIN IN ENOUGH PROTEIN YOUR WILL NOT LOSE WEIGHT SO CHECK YOUR PROTEIN INTAKE AND MAYBE INCREASE IT A LITTLE AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS!!
Well it has been 3 months since my surgery and I am not losing any weight. In fact I even bought a bigger size in pants to be more comfortable, size 14. My scale broke so I am not sure exactly how much I weigh, but kind of scared to even weigh myself. I had a fill done on 7/4/08 go back for my 2nd fill on 8/16/08. I do have restriction, I don't eat half of what I use to. I put protein and vitamins into my diet which I have never done before. Started working out again 3-4 times a week. I guess I am destined to be FAT. Just I wish I didn't spend $8000 to find that out! Very discouraged and feel like a failure!