mARBLE sLAB cREAMERY!!

:o Help guys i think i seriously blew things today!! Dh and i decided to go to marble slab cramery cause they have frozen yogurt(fat free, sugar free) sooo we go and i get apint of yogurt with strawberries with the intent to take some home and freeze it for later..welll that did not happen, i did not realize how easy ice crem goes down...this was the first time i have eaten anything that i wasnt supposed to eat since surgery(6/23/08)..so I ate the whole thing!! So basically I ate about 24 grams of sugar..it said sugar free but when i got home and checked the nutrition label it shows 6 grams of sugas unfer the carb listing!! So can someone tell me what we CAN eat along the lines of ice cream!! And have i totally blown this, am i gonna gain 3-4 labs back due to this mistake!!??

I like Skinny Cow fudgesicals, only 90 calories and really good! We all have weak moments, you’re safely past the liquids on faze – so you haven’t’ done any harm to your band, you just added in some extra calories that you shouldn’t have. Whenever I make mistakes like this I add up the calories and add in extra exercise for the week until I burn them off. One important note, make sure you try really hard to stick with the program. Once you really get into cheating – cheating gets easier and really can stall your success. (You’ll learn that we can eat other foods that go down easily as well). So try to stay away from the junk food, and areas where you are most likely to cheat.

Take care and get busy burning off those calories!!

Best,

Lisa

So a french vanilla chocolate sundae with those luscious wet walnuts, whipped cream and a cherry was not a good thing??

my bad. It sure TASTED good.

I like Skinny Cow fudgesicals, only 90 calories and really good! We all have weak moments, you’re safely past the liquids on faze – so you haven’t’ done any harm to your band, you just added in some extra calories that you shouldn’t have. Whenever I make mistakes like this I add up the calories and add in extra exercise for the week until I burn them off. One important note, make sure you try really hard to stick with the program. Once you really get into cheating – cheating gets easier and really can stall your success. (You’ll learn that we can eat other foods that go down easily as well). So try to stay away from the junk food, and areas where you are most likely to cheat.

Take care and get busy burning off those calories!!

Best,

Lisa

That is exactly how I manage it too, Lisa. I count calories, protein and carbs. If I go over on something, I cut back on another or up my exercise. We all need to remember it really is just math: calories in, calories out. Now, it is very important to get our calories from good sources and ice cream isn't the best choice, but in reality once in a while it isn't going to hurt as long as you plan for it and make sure you have the calories or exercise to burn it off.

P.S. I love skinny cows too. They have 4 grams of fiber and 4 grams of protein too which makes them even better...

For me, I tend to be an all or nothing person. So I am scared to death to start cheating in fear that it will be too hard to stop and too easy to continue. I am what you call a closet eater and like to sneak eat, I am trying to stay away from the dark side HE_HE. the band has helped me so much.

I found when I get the ice cream craving that I found something called "Slim-a-Bear" Ice cream bars...they are sugar free---not calorie free though, but they are rich tasting and delicious and one of my "guilty pleasures". My kids try to get them from me and I "guard" them for myself!