First Solid food

mommyrkr

I will be back on solid food in a week. I am planning it already. I have don't well on the post-op diet, but I will be glad for the texture and crunch of solid food. So I am curious, what did you eat as your first solid food after the post-op diet? And how did you feel, how did it go.

I also am wondering, I know that some people say they could eat as much, or almost as much as they could before surgery, before they had their first fill. I'm assuming they were still eating it the bandster way, small bites, chewing thoroughly. So does it take an hour to get through a meal the size of what they ate beore???

Thanks,

Becki

I will be back on solid food in a week. I am planning it already. I have don't well on the post-op diet, but I will be glad for the texture and crunch of solid food. So I am curious, what did you eat as your first solid food after the post-op diet? And how did you feel, how did it go.

I also am wondering, I know that some people say they could eat as much, or almost as much as they could before surgery, before they had their first fill. I'm assuming they were still eating it the bandster way, small bites, chewing thoroughly. So does it take an hour to get through a meal the size of what they ate beore???

Thanks,

Becki

I can't remember my first solid food but I can tell you it is not till my third fill that I felt really full....after the band and first fill I could eat but not quite as much as before.....Bread like most of us doesn't go down even more so when the band gets tighter...Good luck....Laura

B) Mystery, your weight now - includes anything you lost just prior to surgery ---I want to do one of the cute little tickers how do you get them? and the normal would be to start off at what you weighed when i presume we started to inquire about the surgery? thanks for any info...Cyndi-n-AZ

B) Mystery, your weight now - includes anything you lost just prior to surgery ---I want to do one of the cute little tickers how do you get them? and the normal would be to start off at what you weighed when i presume we started to inquire about the surgery? thanks for any info...Cyndi-n-AZ

Hi Cyndi!

My weight was 303 6 days before surgery. I started my diet late so I only had 6 days of dieting before the surgery. I am currently 274 now so im almost 30lbs lost in under a month!!

Check here for weight loss tickers: http://www.tickerfactory.com/WeightLoss/we...loss.php?type=3.

I have heard people of all weights and BMI's having the surgery, i checked into it for a while before i made the plunge. I have tried to make attempts for many years to lose the weight without success. I can lose the weight but can't keep it off and the lapband is a wonderful tool to help me achieve that!

I'm planning an omelet too, or maybe a poached egg and toast. I can't wait either. I really want some chicken for dinner though. I am still trying to decided how to cook it. I can't wait for real food....just a couple more days.

Dave, you are doing awesome. I finally started losing again, which is pretty exciting after a week of being stuck. So I am down 24 pounds now.

Becki

I'm planning an omelet too, or maybe a poached egg and toast. I can't wait either. I really want some chicken for dinner though. I am still trying to decided how to cook it. I can't wait for real food....just a couple more days.

Dave, you are doing awesome. I finally started losing again, which is pretty exciting after a week of being stuck. So I am down 24 pounds now.

Becki

Good to hear!!

I lost another pound but holding steady ;)

Plus, all my wounds have closed and the slight infection is gone!!!

B) Thanks for the info-- i am scheduled for surgery 10/10/06 - i went to the ticker page have my ticker done how do you post it on here? I tried the copy and paste thing but it just keeps it leaving the coding on? you have done wonderful so far....my husband will be my rock on this journey of mine- he is very supportive of teh decision to lose weight this way ----my goal is to run to the highway and back to my house - when I was younger I didn't enjoy running, i'm willing to try it again.....I see so many people running in my neighborhood men and woman -----

Cyndi-n-AZ

B) Thanks for the info-- i am scheduled for surgery 10/10/06 - i went to the ticker page have my ticker done how do you post it on here? I tried the copy and paste thing but it just keeps it leaving the coding on? you have done wonderful so far....my husband will be my rock on this journey of mine- he is very supportive of teh decision to lose weight this way ----my goal is to run to the highway and back to my house - when I was younger I didn't enjoy running, i'm willing to try it again.....I see so many people running in my neighborhood men and woman -----

Cyndi-n-AZ

First, go to where your ticker was created and right click on the finished picture and save it to your computer.

Then, you'll have to register for free with an image hosting company like www.photobucket.com and save your picture from your computer to photobucket (or whatever other hosting company you decide). Then when in photobucket with your saved picture, choose the option that has brackets [] around the word "IMG" and copy and paste that whole long URL/Address into your signature. I hope that makes sense

Im planning to start my first day off with an omlett for breakfast! I can't wait till monday!!

I am little hesitant with eggs because I hear so many people having problems with eggs. However, since I haven't had a fill yet, and the restriction I first felt is fading fast, I should be ok. I agree, I love omelettes...and I make some mean ones!

I'm just really happy that on Monday I head to Hawaii for two weeks, and a few days after I'm there is the first day on solid food. I'll actually be able to enjoy the trip fully (while not overdoing it, I hope).

I'm really looking to some raw ahi salad.... yum!

I was a little worried about eggs also, after someone said they didn't sit too well with them. But I am also having a hard time thinking of good breakfast food, with protein, that is not too mushy. I wonder if people are doing cereal or cottage cheese, or oatmeal. That kind of thing. I will be going back for a friends surgery in a month, so I will be asking about those things.

Have fun in Hawaii. I am jealous. But I will be able to eat for my anniversary which is very exciting.

Becki

I was a little worried about eggs also, after someone said they didn't sit too well with them. But I am also having a hard time thinking of good breakfast food, with protein, that is not too mushy. I wonder if people are doing cereal or cottage cheese, or oatmeal. That kind of thing. I will be going back for a friends surgery in a month, so I will be asking about those things.

Have fun in Hawaii. I am jealous. But I will be able to eat for my anniversary which is very exciting.

Becki

I would love to have some oatmeal right now! That sounds so good. I do wonder about some foods that most have problems with... so when the 29 th of Sept. comes me and the hubby have a nice normal dinner together.

I get to eat solid food tomorrow!!!! YIPPEE!! The last few days have been a little hard, today is a little better, I went grocery shopping....for things I will eat! I am planning an egg with toast for breakfast, a slice of ham and some veggies for lunch, and chicken with more veggies for dinner. I am way to excited about this. Thought maybe I wasn't as obsessed with food as I thought, but the last few days have changed my mind. I am even more obsessed than before, but maybe it is just the timing. Alright, I can't wait.

Becki

I had a poached egg, which was completely fine, and half an english muffin. It was the best food I have ever had. I love solid food!!

Dave, I'm jealous of your weight lose. I am still hoovering between 23-33 pounds. But I guess it will come. I am anxious to be on to the next phase of this. I am also anxious to figure out if I will need a fill. It looks like my aunt will be having surgery and I will be going with her the end of October. So I really hope I need a fill, as I will be there anyway. I think I probably will, but who knows. Right now, I still don't eat much, but I'm sure that will change.

Becki

Havent started on solids yet, but I imagine it being something like this.

Breakfast - Scrambled egg with toast.

Lunch - Some kind of chicken.

Dinner - Steak.

I had a poached egg, which was completely fine, and half an english muffin. It was the best food I have ever had. I love solid food!!

Dave, I'm jealous of your weight lose. I am still hoovering between 23-33 pounds. But I guess it will come. I am anxious to be on to the next phase of this. I am also anxious to figure out if I will need a fill. It looks like my aunt will be having surgery and I will be going with her the end of October. So I really hope I need a fill, as I will be there anyway. I think I probably will, but who knows. Right now, I still don't eat much, but I'm sure that will change.

Becki

Hey biggin... Let me know how the chicken and steak go... I bet you will be chewing all day.... I just want something simple so that I dont PBing... I am re-thinking of what I want and what I need to eat now... so I believe I am on the right path.

I still would like some oatmeal though.

Cyndi-n-AZ

Cyndi, you will be so glad that you did this. I was banded on Aug. 24, 2006 and have not regreted it once. Where in Az are you located? I am located in Gilbert. I will be thinking about you on the 10th and don't ever look back we only have the future to look to and a thinner one at that.

I am scheduled for surgery the 27th of this month. According to my post op eating schedule I can go onto solid food the day after Thanksgiving. Dr Billing said I could probably cheat by one day and have some food on Thanksgiving. I am thankful for no pureed turkey! :P

Pureed turkey sounds nasty. I am happy for you, that you can eat on Thanksgiving.

Good luck.

Becki

Cyndi, you will be so glad that you did this. I was banded on Aug. 24, 2006 and have not regreted it once. Where in Az are you located? I am located in Gilbert. I will be thinking about you on the 10th and don't ever look back we only have the future to look to and a thinner one at that.

I am in Gold Canyon not too far from you